6 Gifts Texas Gave Me…

texas state flag blowing in wind spring

I just returned from spending two nights in Dallas, Texas, last week for Blissdom.  It was a last minute, whirlwind trip that came with too many perks to list, but here some of the gifts Texas gave me while I was away…

quad moms

1. An opportunity to catch up with one of my favorite quad mamas on the planet.

Suz and I go back to when my quadruplets were around 3 months old, and she was on bedrest.  I’m so thankful for God placing her in my life during such an important time, and the ability to keep in touch even when miles and the busyness of life make it challenging.  There is no one who gets you like a fellow quad mama.

spring texas 2013 dogwood trees

2. A taste of spring.

It’s been a LONG winter in Indiana. Nothing like 9 inches of snow to ring in the new season! I could have cried over the blooming trees, the warmer temps, and the glimpse of new life in Texas that will eventually come north!

blissdom 2013 alli worthington

3. Brilliant minds and inspiring hearts.

If blogging conferences were only about PowerPoint presentations and swag bags, I would come home empty. Instead, it’s the heartfelt connections with people like Jill, Mary, Lisa, Heather, Cris, Casey, Abby, Stephanie, Tricia, Alli, Barbara, Mandy, Tonya, Ang, Danielle, Ashleigh (I could go on…) that fill me with inspiration and gratitude.

IMAGE_1EF2D34B-076C-43E0-96C4-8FCF28FEDF14

4. A greater passion to do good in this world.

I nearly finished Jen Hatmaker’s Interrupted during my flights, which stirred me up all the more.  I was a guest of BlissDom Events who invited me to participate in a round table discussion with their partner Johnson & Johnson to discuss the Global Mom Relay{Share a post and unlock a $5 donation from Johnson & Johnson and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to one of these four efforts helping women and children: Girl Up, Clean Cookstoves, MAMA, and Shot@Life}. And before I left for the airport, I was able to chat with Shaun Groves about my heart for Compassion International and how they continue to  impact our family. More to come on how God is working in my heart…

blissdom 2013 sponsors

5. The opportunity to connect with some amazing sponsors.

It means so much when sponsors believe in our voices, and there were plenty that did just that at Blissdom!  Since my bliss was shortened, I wasn’t able to connect to all of the amazing sponsors, but I able to chat with Duck Tape, Carnival, GoGoSqueeze, Johnson & Johnson, AT&T, Famous Footwear, One2One Network, Stitch Fix, and SoybuThank you for your genuine investment in our community!

indianapoilis airport arrivals

6. A love for returning home.

As much as I loved Texas and all of the Southern hospitality of the Gaylord Texan, there isn’t a better feeling in the world than stepping into the terminal and into five boys’ arms.  I’m so thankful for where God has called me, and these lives that surround me each day.

26 Responses to “6 Gifts Texas Gave Me…”

1. Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect
    March 26, 2013 at 12:25 pm #

I’m so SO glad I got to see you and hang out with you and hug you!!! Of course it wasn’t enough, but some Jen is WAY better than no Jen. :) Love you!!
    Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect recently posted.. Weekend Links, 3.23.13

2. Cris
    March 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm #

So glad we were able to do dinner. I seem to get to know Hoosiers best while in other states ;)
    Cris recently posted.. Taco Night Recipes

3. Debbie
    March 26, 2013 at 12:30 pm #

I am so glad the great State of Texas treated you well…..I read the Steece’s, McNulty’s and your posts through the Goerlich site – so loved it that you and Suz got together!!!

Did you get to see any bluebonnets yet??? Happy Spring – and wishing you and yours a blessed Easter!!

4. LuAnn Braley
    March 26, 2013 at 2:01 pm #

I’m working my way through your list of Blissdom Budettes. I’d love to attend Blissdom someday.

The title of your post caught my eye, as we lived in Texas for eight years. The two best things I gotten out of Texas are my DS2 and DD (now 14 and 10). DD was preemie (32 weeks, 3 lbs .4 oz, 13.5″) Now she’s torn between being a paleontologist or a clockmaker. As the kids’ Mamaw (great-grandmother) says, DS2 “don’t care which way the wind blows”.
    LuAnn Braley recently posted.. Proverbs 31: 22-23

5. Danielle Smith
    March 26, 2013 at 2:12 pm #

I adore you and am so happy we had a few minutes – wish it was more. So glad the time you had at Blissdom was GOOD! xoxo
    Danielle Smith recently posted.. How To Make Perfect French Toast: Keeping Style In Your Life

6. Crystal
    March 26, 2013 at 10:37 pm #

I’m jealous! But so glad you had a good time. And I love Shaun Groves, and of course, my Compassion International! :-)
    Crystal recently posted.. It’s Me, Jeff Gordon…and Jesus

7. Lindsey
    March 27, 2013 at 11:17 am #

I loved getting to meet you during Lisa Leonard’s session. Quad moms inspire me– especially one with all boys!

8. suzanne steece
    March 27, 2013 at 11:26 am #

LOVED getting to hug on that neck of yours sweet friend! come back to texas soon!!!!

• QuatroMama
      March 28, 2013 at 1:47 pm #

I only wish I could have spent more time with you, Suz! We will have to just come back and make up for it. So good to see your sweet self in person. Thank you for being my taxi and spending your day with me! Hope your man-voice is gone! xo

9. Debi Chapman
    March 27, 2013 at 11:47 am #

‘Ya’ll come back now – ya hear?’

10. Capri + 3--Theresa
    March 27, 2013 at 2:43 pm #

That sounds like a fun trip. I will have to try a blogging conference some day (maybe when our little ones get a bit bigger).
    Capri + 3–Theresa recently posted.. Artsy Play Wednesday–Make Easy Coasters with kids

11. Rachel Canella (Soybu)
    March 27, 2013 at 4:15 pm #

It was so nice to meet you at Blissdom! I hope you like your Soybu goody and that it blesses you to wear something comfy and cozy!

12. Casey-moosh in indy. (@mooshinindy)
    March 27, 2013 at 9:39 pm #

I’m still bummed you had to leave early. I just loving seeing your face SO much.
    Casey-moosh in indy. (@mooshinindy) recently posted.. neti.dom bliss.pot

13. Sprittibee
    March 31, 2013 at 11:33 pm #

I loved getting to see you! I caught one photo of you in the coffee shop. Wish I had more time to talk! :) Hope to see you again somewhere else soon! Let me know where you’ll be conferencing!
    Sprittibee recently posted.. Fangirl in a Corvette