Homemade Triple Berry No-Cook Ice Cream

Happy {Almost} Weekend, Beautiful People! You are in for a TREAT today!

Yesterday I made this yummy homemade berry ice cream, and I couldn’t keep it to myself – ice cream is much better shared, right?

homemade no cook triple berry ice cream

So let’s get down to business.  You have an ice cream maker? Yes?  If not, go get yourself one.  They’ve come down in price so much recently. I have this one from Cuisinart that I snatched up from a garage sale,  but the classic ice cream makers like I grew up with are great too.

I started out with a cup of the frozen berries we hand picked a few weeks ago. I allowed them to thaw for a few minutes, and then added a 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries and raspberries to the bowl. I mashed these with a potato masher along with lemon juice, sugar, and salt off and on for about 10 minutes.

Half of this mixture then went into my blender (or you could use a food processor) and blended until smooth on with heavy cream. {Turn your head from reading the calorie label, and chalk it up to summer!}

Return the cream mixture to the remaining berries and allow it to chill for a few hours. Then, allow your ice cream maker to do the rest of the work, while you grab some spoons and drool. 😉

If you like it a harder more frozen texture (and can wait that long), you can put it in the freezer for a couple of hours to harden.

Perfect for upcoming Fourth of July Celebrations!  June is Dairy Month so you’ve got a few more days to celebrate as well! I’m participating in this month’s Table Talk for the Indiana Family of Farmers, who have a wealth of recipes, and info. about the benefits of dairy and how to support your local farmers! They interact often on Twitter and Facebook as well!

Mug of beer on a pub table

What’s YOUR very favorite ice cream flavor?  Shout it out!

homemade no cook triple berry ice cream

7 Responses to “Homemade Triple Berry No-Cook Ice Cream”

1. Grady Pruitt
    June 29, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

I love homemade ice cream, and this sounds like a fabulous recipe! I’m going to have to remember to try this! Thanks for sharing.
    Grady Pruitt recently posted.. Continuing to Forgive

2. Megan
    June 30, 2012 at 11:25 am #

My favorite is three-fruit sherbet, which has 5 fruits and isn’t sherbet. Traditions! It is so popular in my family that there is mutiny if we try any other kind of ice cream. It has bananas, oranges, lemons, pineapple, and maraschino cherries. Mmm.

3. Sarah U.
    July 1, 2012 at 2:05 pm #

Mint Chocolate Chip. And that seems doable in an ice cream maker =)

4. Laura
    July 2, 2012 at 12:44 am #

ok, this is a silly question but when you froze your berries you picked, did you do anything to them first? Just wash them and toss them in a ziploc bag in the freezer? I have a ton of fresh cherries and I’m thinking they’ll make some delicious ice cream but I want to freeze them before they go bad…
    Laura recently posted.. Overnight Road Tripping

• QuatroMama
      July 2, 2012 at 9:26 am #

@Laura, it’s a great question! I flash froze mine on cookie sheets for 30 minutes to an hour first (so they are firm) and then but them in a ziploc. I LOVE LOVE LOVE cherries!

5. Kate
    June 24, 2013 at 6:37 am #

Do you do anything with the heavy cream? Step 3 reads “Return cream mixture to berry bowl”. The cream is not mentioned in the previous 2 steps. Or do you simply combine the cream with the berry mixture, chill and then add to the ice cream maker?

• QuatroMama
      June 24, 2013 at 1:55 pm #

Thank you for pointing this out – I fixed the instructions. Step 2 should read to blend with the heavy cream. Appreciate you making me aware of this!