Thursday Thankfulness

indiana farmland summer

As our Indiana Summer threatens to come to a close, I’m overwhelmed with gratitude for this season of life we are experiencing.  Although this summer has had its share of trials, there have been numerous blessings. God has provided for us, and lavished His mercy and grace upon us in ways we do not deserve.

Here’s some things I’m thankful for on this Thursday:

~ the beauty of Indiana farmland

~ the joys and accomplishments of finishing swim lessons

~ the quietness of the house after the boys are fast asleep

~ the return of raindrops this past week

~ a good report at my post-op appointment and another week of getting stronger

~ the blessings of friendships near and far

~ watching my boys love on their grandparents

~ watching our parents love on their grandkids

~ exploring God’s creation

~ Indiana sweet corn

~ the smell of clean laundry

~ a home that might not be as clean as I’d like, but it’s been played in and loved on

~ good study time in the Word

~ a refreshing glass of sweet tea

What are YOU thankful for this Thursday?

7 Responses to “Thursday Thankfulness”

1. Debbie
    August 11, 2011 at 9:28 am #

Beautiful Thursday morning post and reminder to us all – to always be thankful for what we do have…..

I just heard the following quote this week: “What if tomorrow you woke up with only the things you thanked God for today?”

Happy Thursday

2. Jamie
    August 11, 2011 at 10:37 am #

A break in the heat, windows open – hooray!!!

But then I read the first comment and now I feel like I should change/add to my answer…. all my babies, my babe, and my brain.

3. Crystal
    August 11, 2011 at 11:04 am #

I’m thankful for an amazing husband to celebrate 7 years of marriage with this weekend!

4. connie ashenfelter
    August 11, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

For the redeeming love of Christ.
    and second chances.

5. Lana
    August 11, 2011 at 8:36 pm #

The list truly is long if we just stop for a moment to compose it!

August 11, 2011 at 10:36 pm #

I am so incredibly thankful for having the summer off to spend with my children, the hundreds of fun things we did, the ability and ambition to have worked on making myself healthier and stronger, and despite being sad about heading back to work in 2 weeks, I’m thankful I have a job in this tough economy, even if teachers aren’t getting a lot of love lately.

7. Allen
    August 15, 2011 at 6:29 pm #

Ahh, I missed thankful thursday. Oh well I guess it is thankful tuesday for me. 😀
    I am thankful for living in this society, where people are so friendly and helpful.