As soon as these 90 degree days let up, we are going to try out CAMPING WITH 4 FOUR YEAR OLDS! Call us crazy, but you all know that we’ve already went way off the deep end of all things sane. After having 20 years of great family memories, some friends of ours wanted us to carry on the tradition by passing down their pop up camper.
The only catch is I’m CLUELESS when it comes to camping. My sole camping experience took place eons ago with a handful of junior high girls for a Sunday School girls sleepover. We lasted in a pop up camper until about 1am when we heard thunder in the distance, and decided we were minutes away from turning into TV tornado footage, and took cover in the living room of Mrs. Star’s farm house. (I don’t think it even rained a drop that night.)
So with much to learn, I’m depending on Pinterest and YOU ALL to hold my hand through our first time camping experience.
Here’s My Top 5 Ideas for Camping with Kids:
- These frugal and easy foods for camping from thekitchn look very doable!
2. Here’s a thorough printable checklist of things to take camping from I’m An Organizing Junkie.
3. This top 10 apps for Summer Vacation from Life Scoop article includes apps for National/Regional Parks, Campsite Finder, and other road trip helps.
4. Camping with small children? Here’s some tips from Rockin’ Mama.
5. How fantastic is this Scavenger Hunt Game and Bag from The Creative Homemaker?!!!
Also, I just downloaded Katie from Kitchen Stewardship’s ebook “Family Camping Handbook”. It’s filled with real food recipes and tips to survive camping with little ones. Click here to view more details! *
These ideas combined with my few hours in a pop up camper next to a house, make my camping skills are minimal at best. What advice or resources would YOU recommend to our family as first time campers?
(You can find more camping inspiration on my “Happy Campers” Pinterest Board.)
*Indicates an affiliate link.