Recovery Day 4

Several days in since surgery now and Jen is making some really good progress.  We were told that she would not be able to stand up straight for as long as a few weeks, and she is very close to straight right now.  She was also able to walk 2 blocks early this morning, so I am really encouraged by her strides forward.

She is still struggling with nausea from the pain medication and exhaustion, but things could certainly be worse.  Her days have so far mostly consisted of laying in the recliner, sleeping off the pain meds.

We are so thankful to our family for taking the boys off our hands for a few days.  My parents took all four boys initially, then Isaac and Henry went with my sister and her husband to a Detroit Tigers baseball game.  (Brooks and Clark get to go in August)

Here are a few pictures my sister sent of their fun while momma recovers.

image     image

image     image

So thankful for so much support during this trial.  Our families, friends, and church are praying, helping with the kids, providing meals, and giving encouragement regularly.  Thank you to everyone, and praise God for such a great start to recovery.

Even thought I hate to see my bride in such discomfort, it is so nice to be able to focus on her needs in a quiet house.  She will be back up and going very soon I hope.

Have a great Memorial Day everyone!

Brad

9 Responses to “Recovery Day 4”

1. Jan
    May 29, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

Thanks for the update! I pray that you will both soon be convinced that this was the right thing to do and will reap the benefits!

2. Sonya
    May 29, 2011 at 6:31 pm #

That’s wonderful news! Hope she’s feeling even better soon!

3. Holly
    May 29, 2011 at 6:51 pm #

So glad you are getting such wonderful help to jumpstart her recovery!

Go Tigers!!! 🙂

4. designhermomma
    May 29, 2011 at 8:28 pm #

Fantastic news! Such a blessing to have a support system to step in and help during tough times. Will continue to pray for your whole family.

5. Amy
    May 29, 2011 at 9:18 pm #

Glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. Patience will really be key. Prayers continuing.

6. Lauren Green
    May 29, 2011 at 9:56 pm #

It sounds like she is well on her road to recovery! Thanks for the update 🙂

May 29, 2011 at 10:06 pm #

That is great news that she is already on her feet and upright! Hoping she continues to heal well!

8. Kara
    May 30, 2011 at 3:45 pm #

Yay Yay Yay! So happy Jen’s recovering well! And my brother is jealous that the boys were able to go to a Detroit Tigers game! 🙂 In fact, He’s watching a game of them right now!

9. Lana
    May 30, 2011 at 9:27 pm #

So glad to hear Jen is doing well. I’m sure you both miss the boys, but it is a good thing to have a little one on one time during the first days of recovery. We found that out when the girls were younger, and my husband had two back surgeries. Each day will get even better.