Now that the weather’s getting chilly it’s time to warm up with some chili! This Easy White Chicken Chili scores high marks at our house. You can freeze this recipe also, if you can’t eat up the whole pot in one sitting!
Easy White Chicken Chili
1 T olive oil
1 1/2 medium onions, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 – 4 oz. cans of chopped mild green chilies
2 t ground cumin
1 1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 t cayenne pepper
2 – 16 oz. cans of Great Northern Beans, undrained
6 c of fresh chicken stock (or canned broth)
4 c of chopped cooked chicken
3 c of shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 – 15 oz can of Gold and White Corn
1. Heat olive oil in a large stock pan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent (approximately 10 minutes).
2. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano, and cayenne pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
3. Add undrained beans and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and add chicken, cheese, and corn. Stir until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed through.
5. Serve with tortilla chips and get your Soup On!
Hope it warms you up inside! What’s YOUR favorite soup to fix on a chilly day?
This post is linked at We Are That Family – Works For Me Wednesday.