I’ve promised to post some of my favorite recipes from my Baking with Betty experience, and I’ve kept you waiting long enough! These Gooey Layered Brownie Bars are delightfully delicious! It’s a tough call, but I think they were my top favorite dessert that I sampled from our baking extravaganza. I’m disappointed in myself for not making them in my own kitchen yet, so hopefully this post will inspire me to bake up a batch this week right along with you!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Box of Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium Brownie Mix (water, vegetable oil, and egg as called for on box)
- 1 c of Betty Crocker® Rich and Creamy Vanilla Frosting (or whip up your own homemade recipe)
- 1/2 c of Coarsely Chopped Peanuts
- 2 c Crisp Rice Cereal
- 2/3 c Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 1/3 c (8 oz) Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Here’s 10 Easy Steps to Follow to Make These Deliciously Gooey Treats:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9 in square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (Or line pan with foil for easier cutting and grease bottom only of foil.)
- Make brownies as directed on box mix.
- Cool completely.
- Frost brownies with icing. Sprinkle with peanuts and refrigerate.
- Measure cereal into medium sized bowl, set aside.
- In 1 quart saucepan, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour over cereal in bowl, stirring until evenly coated. Spread over frosted brownies.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until set before cutting into bars.
The layers truly make this bar – the sweet/salty combination, along with the crunchy texture… sooooooo goooooood! Come back and tell me how much you love them!