Baking With Betty Crocker

A week ago these handsome men dropped me off at the airport.  I’d never been away from them by myself before, and even though it was just for one night, it was hard to walk away to my gate.

bakingwithbetty1

In fact, I almost turned around and ran back in their arms.

bakingwithbetty2

But I knew they had a fun night ahead of male bonding ahead, and I had 29 other women to meet and bake with…

bettycrocker5

photo: Matt Holland Photography

One of those “once in a lifetime” opportunities knocked on my door, as I was able to have access to the Betty Crocker Test Kitchens for a day of baking delight!

bettycrocker6

It’s hard to describe what a dream day we all experienced.  The creativity, ingenuity, and talent that fills this facility was so inspiring, yet warm and welcoming. We split into 4 groups and rotated to stations on Cookies, Cakes with Kids, Brownies, and Baking with Bisquick.

bettycrocker4

photo: Matt Holland Photography

The group of bloggers were all such beautiful people.  (Kudos to Kelly from MyBlogSpark  for putting together such a sweet group!) My only wish is that we could have had more time together!  You should check out their outstanding blogs from deals to food to personal lifestyle to homemaking.

Taste and Tell ~ 24/7 Moms ~ My Blessed Life ~ I Am Baker ~ Fake Ginger ~ Jamie Cooks It Up ~ A Few Shortcuts ~ HoosierHomemade ~ Mom Spark ~ The Snyder 5 ~ Joy’s Hope ~ Baking Bites ~ Save at Home Mommy ~ Utah Deal Diva ~ Real Mom Kitchen ~ From My Kitchen ~ The Adventures of Kitchen Girl ~Blogmania ~ Musings by Jacquelyn ~ Frugal Living and Having Fun ~ Family Fresh Cooking ~ Your Fun Family ~ Megan’s Munchies ~ Gourmet Mom on the Go ~ Nika’s Culinaria ~ Mama Latina Tips ~ My Big Fat, Cuban Family ~ Modern Mami ~ Latina on a Mission ~ Mami of Multiples

bakingwithbetty20

What a great way to get to know each other better by baking together!

bettycrocker10

photo: Matt Holland Photography

Great friendships are built on brownies, after all.

I think my smile tells how much fun I truly had…

bettycrocker7     bettycrocker3

The facilities at General Mills were first class.  Unbelievable.  And although this sign gave us all a chuckle…

bettycrocker12

It was nice to have really great engaging conversations.  Not only was I able to take away a wealth of knowledge from my peak at Betty Crocker Kitchens, they were learning from us as well.  We had a mutual appreciation for one another.

How would you like your cupboard to look like this?  The colors, shapes, and textures were gorgeous in the prep room for the photography division.

bettycrocker11

photo: My Blessed Life

Love at first site.  Just think of the magic that happens in this place…

bettycrocker13

I literally had to pace myself on sampling these creations…

bettycrocker14

I can’t wait to share a few of these recipes with you all!  They are easy, fun to make with your family, and taste even better when shared!

bettycrocker18 bettycrockercollage

So now that I’ve got your taste buds hopping….what’s your favorite baked good to share with family or friends?

Brownies?  Sheet Cake?  Cupcakes?  Make us Salivate!

I’ll be posting an easy treat recipe later this week…

QuatroSignature

General Mills covered my expenses for attending Baking with Betty. However, the opportunity to share the experience with you all was my own choice!  Thank you, General Mills and My Blog Spark for creating a lifelong memory!

24 Responses to “Baking With Betty Crocker”

1. Shannon
    August 31, 2010 at 7:57 am #

I love sharing cookies and brownies with friends and family. My favorite cookies are peanut butter blossoms, iced sugar cookies, and oatmeal crispies. My favorite brownies are Carmel brownies and brownies topped with peanut butter frosting and Reese cup chunks.

2. MandyE
    August 31, 2010 at 9:09 am #

What an awesome opportunity! I’m sure you had a blast! And what a sweet send-off you had, too. 🙂

I love to spend time in the kitchen, and I can’t wait to do it with my girlies! I love making things for family and friends…cookies, candy, cakes…you name it. I just treated myself to a new candy cookbook, and I’m already beginning to dream about the holiday presents I’ll make for the neighbors. And I’m making my first batch of Halloween treats this week for the Labor Day weekend.

I would bake even more if I had more willpower not to EAT it all!

• QuatroMama
      August 31, 2010 at 10:21 am #

Me too, Mandy! I’m going to start sharing more with my neighbors when I bake. Otherwise I keep munching on it until its gone!

3. Amanda @ A Few Short Cuts
    August 31, 2010 at 9:25 am #

I had such a blast! It was a truly amazing opportunity! Can’t wait to see you again at our next “magical” event! 🙂

• QuatroMama
      August 31, 2010 at 10:24 am #

I hope so! I hope so! It was sooo much fun seeing you again and getting to hang out together sans kids! 😉

4. Janet
    August 31, 2010 at 9:28 am #

Anything with chocolate gets my vote!! Just wanted to comment on how adorable your boys are! It seems like they have gotten REALLY big in the past month! They get cuter with every picture you post!

• QuatroMama
      August 31, 2010 at 10:16 am #

So sweet! Thank you, Janet! They are growing and EATING like crazy all the sudden.

5. Molly
    August 31, 2010 at 9:52 am #

Oh my dear friend, I couldn’t agree more with the comment you left me. A true highlight was getting to know you and call you a friend. That great shot of you smiling just captures your essence (and the spirit of the day) so well.

Be well and we’ll talk soon.

Oh, and my favorite baked good? Probably brownies.

• QuatroMama
      August 31, 2010 at 10:17 am #

You are lovely. I’m tempted to jump on an airplane just to squeeze you one more time, but hopefully we’ll have another opportunity to be together soon! Love to you!

6. Mary @ Giving Up on Perfect
    August 31, 2010 at 9:53 am #

Wait! Don’t go yet! Tell us how to MAKE those delicious treats!! 🙂

• QuatroMama
      August 31, 2010 at 10:18 am #

Soon! Soon! Patience, Darling! =)

7. Amanda
    August 31, 2010 at 10:12 am #

What an exciting opportunity for you!!!! And it sounds like those boys had a blast while you were gone. 🙂

In the fall, when the apples are fresh for picking, I make an awesome apple cake. I can’t wait to make it this year! I love to bake anything–cookies are my fave though. At the holidays, I make up tons of cookies and goodies for friends, neighbors and family. It’s my favorite part of the holiday. I just recently mastered a homemade roll recipe and can’t wait to make it for the whole family for Thanksgiving. I love being in the kitchen…now, if only I didn’t have to clean up the mess. 🙂

• QuatroMama
      August 31, 2010 at 10:19 am #

I know, right? The dishes and the mess are the hardest part. I almost forgot about Apple Cake! Yum! You should definitely post the recipe on your blog!

8. Liz@HoosierHomemade
    August 31, 2010 at 10:16 am #

What a great time we had!! I love looking at all the pictures, what great memories!
    My faves were the brownies…but really, everything was great!
    It was so great to meet you! Looking forward to chatting again soon!
    ~Liz

• QuatroMama
      August 31, 2010 at 10:25 am #

Likewise, Liz! Glad we had a little extra time together as well. When you are in my neck of the woods you better give me a holler! =)

9. Andrea
    August 31, 2010 at 10:34 am #

I am a new follower to your blog. It seems like you had a great time with Betty Crocker! I have been catching up on your older posts and I am really glad I found you.

Andrea @ Living Changerously

10. KS Dallas
    August 31, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

Oh that looks so fun. Sign me up!

Brownies are my absolute favorite, but those are just for me. (Yes, I seriously won’t share my brownies!) For sharing I will usually make cookies or cupcakes.

11. Jenn Brothers-Haler
    August 31, 2010 at 4:25 pm #

What a GREAT opportunity Jen! Those red velvet cookies look DIVINE!

I love baking for my family. Even though Bryan went to culinary school he’s not much of a “baker.” If I make anything chocolate I usually have to take to work to share. Bryan prefers non-chocolate treats (I know, what a weirdo!) so if it’s left in the house, the kids and I (ok, usually just me) devour the whole thing!

• QuatroMama
      September 1, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

Me too! I can soooo relate!

12. Alicia's Homemaking
    August 31, 2010 at 6:18 pm #

I have been loving all the Baking with Betty updates! And that sign is the BOMB!
    Love, Alicia

• QuatroMama
      September 1, 2010 at 6:19 pm #

Thanks, Alicia – I really want to try your yogurt in the crockpot recipe!

13. KK @ Running Through Life
    September 1, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

Yum, yum, yum!!! It looks like you had so much fun!!!

14. Rachel ~ Southern Fairytale
    September 1, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

I’m so glad you got to go to this! SO Fun.
    Yes, I want that prop pantry. OH MY how I want that prop pantry 😉
    LOL

• QuatroMama
      September 1, 2010 at 6:15 pm #

Oh girl. I’m with ya! I’ll take you to the prop kitchen if you take me on the boat! Deal?