The Switcharoo

wordpress

Well folks, we’ve finally made the switcharoo to WordPress. We decided sometime before The BlissDom Conference to try and make the switch from Blogger to WordPress.  And now here we are.

Why switch?

Well there’s several reasons, some of them too techie for me to understand, much less communicate. But mostly because WordPress offers a better blogging platform for interaction and formatting. AND it should be easier for YOU to comment too!  Just enter your name and email address and you can comment with ease! And if you’d like to add a picture to go along with your comment, you can get one (it’s called a gravatar) to make it more personal. (Just click the link.)

I received a comment just this week asking why I don’t interact in the comment section more. I know. I know. I feel horrible about it.  However, Blogger made it tres difficile to reply back, and sometimes I’d rather respond privately through an email, but I’m not sure where to find you. Hopefully with WordPress you’ll see me interacting more and answering your questions in the comment section.  I’m already getting the hang of it!

So what do you need to do?

Nothing really.  You might need to excuse a few glitches here and there, but Lisa Boyd knows her stuff.  She makes a 600+ post move look like a cake walk.

If you are coming here via www.murraycrew.blogspot.com that’s a-okay – you will be automatically redirected to www.4tunate.net .

(If you have murraycrew in your favorites, or in your blogroll – thank you so much for that – you might go ahead and change it to 4tunate.net) If you are a subscriber, your subscription should transfer over with no action on your part.  If you don’t see any new posts in your feed reader over the next few days, you might try unsubscribing and resubscribing.

Thanks to Blogger for hosting nearly 4 years of my blogging!

There’s some BIG changes inside our home this week too! Remember the “mystery box”…well there’s MORE!

So tell me how you like the new digs, try out the new easier commenting and you can even take a stab at guessing our surprise!

QuatroSignature

13 Responses to “The Switcharoo”

1. Suzy
    June 14, 2010 at 12:26 pm #

Cool. :)

2. Robin ~ PENSIEVE
    June 14, 2010 at 1:01 pm #

1) LOOKS GREAT!!!

2) Lisa Boyd is six shades of awesome. Love her personally, proud of her “professionally”.

3) I’ve lost hundreds of readers because of my lack of engagement :(. NOT because I don’t care or I’m not appreciative…but because it’s the only place I found to balance time. My family is more important than precious cyber friends….

4) Gosh, your header is darlin’.

Congratulations on all your newness!!!

3. Abby
    June 14, 2010 at 1:07 pm #

I switched from blogger to wordpress for the same reason a few months ago :)

4. Elizabeth
    June 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm #

I’ve been considering the switch myself for the same reasons. Although I don’t have near the followers you do so it should be much easier to switch, I hope!

5. Kalle
    June 14, 2010 at 1:50 pm #

A seamless switch. Great job.

6. KS Dallas
    June 14, 2010 at 2:19 pm #

Looks like it was a seamless transition. I wouldn’t have known the difference if you hadn’t told me. The only suggestion I have is if you could some how bold or brighten up the comments link. It kind of blended in down there at the bottom and I scrolled right past it.

Krista

7. Lois
    June 14, 2010 at 2:24 pm #

“Seamless” is right! I had no problems. I have been following for at least a year but have never been able to leave a note of thanks and encouragement to you…until now. May God continue to bless you, your family and your internet ministry.

8. Kara
    June 14, 2010 at 2:43 pm #

Hope this switch works better for ya. I love that you can now interact with commenters more.

9. Holly
    June 14, 2010 at 7:09 pm #

Congratulations on the new site – it looks great! I like being able to enter my name and email – I never liked commenting as “anonymous”, but I didn’t have a google/blogger id.

10. QuatroMama
    June 15, 2010 at 2:10 am #

Y’all are great! Thanks for all the encouragement and great to hear from each of you! You are my Sunshines! =)

11. Cori
    June 15, 2010 at 3:27 am #

I too have been wanting to switch, and have hit you up a couple times on twitter asking how it went! You have given me inspiration to begin researching!! Great job on the switch!

12. Amy
    June 16, 2010 at 12:19 am #

I must be the odd duck. I like Blogger. I use WordPress for several other blogs I write for, but my personal blog is done on Blogger. WordPress and I don’t always see eye to eye. But if it works for you, then you go Mama!

13. Drea
    June 18, 2010 at 8:20 pm #

I totally agree that wordpress lets you reply better in comments! I had that very same issue with blogger.. but will admit I miss parts of blogger.. blogger to me was easier to customize its look, because im use to html and not css… but other than that I love my new wordpress blog :)