1 Chick and 5 Dudes: Dinner and a Movie

ToyStory3

When we heard that Toy Story 3 was coming out this summer, we thought it would be the perfect 1st movie for the boys. Taking 6 people to the movies (even at a matinee price) isn’t exactly a “cheap date”, but it was a special treat for all of us.

However, have you heard about FREE Summer Family Movies?  Several large theatres, including Regal and AMC are participating.  We attempted to watch Charlotte’s Web a few weeks ago, but the film broke mid-movie.  It’s something we’ll definitely try again! (Just a tip from one frugal mama to another!)

Back to the “feature presentation”…Toy Story 3 was a HIT!  The boys sat through the entire film and barely blinked  an eye for an hour and 30 minutes. No potty breaks even!

toystory4 toystory1

toystory2 toystory3

Have you seen any good summer flicks?  What do you recommend?

image

13 Responses to “1 Chick and 5 Dudes: Dinner and a Movie”

1. Elizabeth
    June 25, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

Kiddo loved Toy Story 3 too. I don’t think he even blinked during the entire movie. We saw it in 2d though because Kiddo won’t wear the 3d glasses. We tried that last year with the TS1 and TS2 double feature.

June 25, 2010 at 2:14 pm #

We saw Toy Story last weekend with a friend for her birthday. The kids loved it!! I was amazed at how Sarah really got the funny and emotional parts of it – so in tune with it all! It was our 2nd movie and they did great both times. 🙂 I think one of our local theaters does free movies for kids, too. Gotta double check that!

3. Dawn
    June 25, 2010 at 2:38 pm #

Have not yet seen TS3, but I’m sure we will. But we also try to get to our local movie theater for the free kids movies. They love it!

4. Stephanie
    June 25, 2010 at 4:06 pm #

We loved Toy Story 3 too!!
    So glad the boys liked it!
    Love the pics! They look so interested!!!
    Now you know what dvd to buy when it comes out! lol

• QuatroMama
      June 26, 2010 at 3:00 pm #

For real! They were GLUED! Thanks for the sweet comment, Stephanie!

5. Rae Isable
    June 25, 2010 at 5:51 pm #

I loved that movie!! I went a group of friends. It brought back a lot of memories from when I was a little kid.

6. Claudia
    June 25, 2010 at 9:50 pm #

We loved How to Train Your Dragon. WONDERFUL!!! Steven, four-years-old as of two weeks ago, has seen it over and over.

7. Jamie
    June 26, 2010 at 8:54 am #

I loved the original Toy Story! Actually have a brand new copy, still in plastic, sitting on my desk right now. I don’t think I saw #2. I’ve heard #3 is a tear-jerker. What did you think? Just wondering…

• QuatroMama
      June 26, 2010 at 2:12 pm #

I really liked the creativity and emotion of 3. It did have some intense scenes that I think are more geared to an older crowd. Loved 1 and 2. I think 2 is still my all time favorite – it’s debatable. Hope you enjoy!

• QuatroMama
        June 26, 2010 at 2:13 pm #

Testing to see if this emails the replier….

8. Alexia
    June 26, 2010 at 12:28 pm #

We’re headed to Toy Story 3 this morning! I am SO excited (forget the kids LOL) Actually we have a family outing planned with my Mom, siblings and some of their friends.

It looks like there is a ton of great movies coming out in the near future. We have Despicable Me on the list next!

9. Melody
    June 28, 2010 at 5:11 pm #

I took Nicolas to see Toy Story 3 last Friday as his first theater movie as well 🙂 Did you know that AMC theaters has a “Weekday Escape” where the movies are half price M-F? http://www.amcentertainment.com/Programs_and_Offers/Programs/Weekday_Escape/

10. Carissa
    July 13, 2010 at 12:59 pm #

Hey… here is another cheap tip for the future. Danville’s movie theatre is $5 all the time and kids are $3. Saturday Matinees are also $3. I don’t know if you have ever been there but I think it is a neat theatre.