For The Unspoken Mother’s Day…

infertility post

How easy it is to overlook the details of a beautiful flowering tree.  I passed my own ornamental pear dozens of times, before stopping to take this photograph. We may admire the entire tree budding and blooming, but there’s so much more if you look closely. Within each branch are hundreds of blooms each so intricately designed and adorned with stunning beauty,

This Mother’s Day I didn’t want to overlook those who may blend in to the tree, so to speak. There are so many who are struggling with the unknowns of infertility, the loss of miscarriage, the pain of losing a child or your own mother.  The unspokens…

I hope that you find courage, strength, hope, and faith to face your journey today and in the days ahead.

Psalm 62:1-2
Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

Please use the comment section if you feel led to share your own story, journey, or struggle. Help us to honor you…

QuatroSignature

17 Responses to “For The Unspoken Mother’s Day…”

1. Ginger
    May 7, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

Those flowers are beautiful. Just beautiful. What could say it better?! 🙂
    Ginger
    @heresmycuplord (I would love for you to follow me and share a cup of coffee too…ha!)

2. Brittany@twocrazycupcakes
    May 7, 2010 at 4:13 pm #

Beautiful post!

3. Flesworthy
    May 7, 2010 at 4:55 pm #

Even though I've been blessed with a living set of twins, Mother's Day will always be colored by our infertility issues and the loss of our first set of twins.

Thank you for recognizing that this is a difficult holiday for some.

4. Stephanie
    May 7, 2010 at 5:01 pm #

You are so awesome. You always have the right words!
    I am lucky to have my mother and be a mother myself, but I will be praying for so many others this weekend.
    What a beautiful passage and picture!

5. Kate
    May 7, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

I had a dream the other night that I had quadruplet boys too and we lived in the same neighborhood. 🙂

Anyhow,

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY my friend! You are one of THE BEST moms I know!!

6. Maggie
    May 7, 2010 at 6:13 pm #

I'm a mom to an angel. My son,Aidan Christopher, was born 11.5 weeks early due to a stroke in utero and my cord failing. He lived for 8 days and I'm so proud to be his mom.

7. Lauren
    May 7, 2010 at 8:25 pm #

Thank you.

8. Meg
    May 7, 2010 at 8:33 pm #

lovely post. I am due any day with baby #2, though I have been pregnant 5x and spent 2 years trying to get to baby #1. Thinking of all those wanna-be-mamas this weekend!!

May 7, 2010 at 11:42 pm #

Thank you. It is comforting to know that someone remembers us.

~S

10. Beth
    May 8, 2010 at 9:52 am #

One of my best friends lost twins 3 yrs ago at 18 wks and 27 wks. Every year, I make sure to send her a Mother's Day card. Last year she told me she has saved every card because they are the only Mother's Day cards she has ever received. Many do not consider her a mother, but she is. She is a mother who has gone through the worst pain a mother will experience.
    Thank you for taking a day to embrace all of the mothers out there struggling and in pain. It reminds us to hug our kids even tighter on Mother's Day!

May 8, 2010 at 2:25 pm #

Thannk you for your post – I love reading about your wonderful boys yet my heart breaks everyday for the children I am unable to have.

12. Elizabeth @ TexasEbeth
    May 8, 2010 at 4:45 pm #

Thanks for the wonderful post. I am infertile & really dislike Mother's Day even though I have a son now via adoption. We buried my mom 11 years yesterday, the Friday before Mother's Day. She never got to meet my son which compounds my sorrow.

13. Imageine Photography
    May 8, 2010 at 4:51 pm #

On Mother's Day we often think about happy times, times filled with joy and exitement. But
    un4tunatly we often forget that others are not able to celebrate Mother's day for one simple reason that can have many sides. Thank you. This post is beautiful. I wish you, Brad and the boys the best of luck throughout all your adventures, good luck with the vegetable growing! Let us know how that's going by the way.

14. Rachel
    May 8, 2010 at 7:11 pm #

Thank you for thinking of those who can't be mothers or at least not yet. It's hard sometimes.

15. Krystyn
    May 9, 2010 at 10:09 pm #

I can't even imagine going through the loss or suffering of infertility or miscarriage. Thinking extra hard about those MOTHERS tonight.

May 9, 2010 at 11:02 pm #

Jen, you have the biggest heart in the entire world. Thanks for the sweet post. I will have to share it with annie. today (mothers day) was especially difficult for her. You are seriously so sweet!sioby

17. twinsx3
    May 9, 2010 at 11:16 pm #

Remembering my precious Aubrey and McKenzie born 4/23/01. Hugging my beautiful Weston & Wyatt and Cooper & Kennedy. Thanks for this beautiful post.