I Went. I Spoke. I Stayed Dry.

Thank you for your concerns over my bladder continence.  I haven’t had so many people ask if I wet myself, since 1981. I’m pleased to report that I stayed dry through the entire Day at the Capitol event.  (I wore dark dress pants just in case.)

In all seriousness, thank you for your prayers and encouragement.  It went incredibly well and it was more low-key than I expected. I remained calm during my talk, and the boys did A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! (Thanks in part to the March of Dimes purple boxing glove key chains as a distracter.) They stood up there with us the entire time.  I choked up a few times reading my speech because it hit me once again that we are living a life with four miracles

It was an awesome experience to have their faces represent the successful outcomes that are a result of the March of Dimes diligent efforts and research.  In fact, we have been chosen as a March of Dimes Ambassador Family for 2010! It was a great help and support to have my parents there as well.

We took a few pictures inside…they really wanted to get some photos with us outside on the steps of the Capitol, but it was a balmy 12 degrees and we decided to pass.

DSC_5110

DSC_5103bw

DSC_5098bw

DSC_5105bw

DSC_5111

random#forYT copy

In other undergarment news…I selected a winner for the Yummie Tummie Giveaway and Krystyn is the winner of the $100 Gift Card!  Krystyn blogs at Really, Are You Serious? And I am TOTALLY SERIOUS, Krystyn, you are going to LOVE your new tank(s)! Thanks to all of you who left comments…I sure wish I had a tank for each of you and your little “muffins”!

Stick around, there’s lots of blogging material ahead!

QuatroMama

13 Responses to “I Went. I Spoke. I Stayed Dry.”

1. Marianne
    January 29, 2010 at 5:16 pm #

So glad it went well for you Jen! The March of Dimes is lucky to have you as an ambassador for their amazing campaign. Best wishes!!!

Also, I started a blog (bah!) and grabbed your button, woohoo! Love catchin' up with the Murray gang 🙂

2. Mama Llama
    January 29, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

oh yeah- I am sure you did great!

3. Kid Vs. Produce
    January 29, 2010 at 8:06 pm #

Oh, I'm so glad you guys went. Gorgeous photos!

4. Shannon
    January 29, 2010 at 8:26 pm #

Congrats, Jen! You guys truly deserve to be the family of the year. You and Brad are awesome parents who are following God's will!

5. Krystyn
    January 29, 2010 at 8:38 pm #

So glad it went well for you! And, congratulations on being appointed the Ambassador family of the year. How cool is that?

Thanks for my muffin-top-controlling tank…I'm looking forward to it. Seriously!

6. Kate
    January 29, 2010 at 10:08 pm #

Oh Jen you look sooooo pretty!! And I teared up when you said YOU teared up talking about your 4 little miracles. SOOOO glad everything went well, and congrats on being March of Dimes family of the year!

Love you guys…give the boys a big *squeeeeeeze* from Miss Kate!!

January 29, 2010 at 11:11 pm #

what an amazing experience Jen! You should post your speech here for us!!

8. The Dumas Clan
    January 29, 2010 at 11:17 pm #

like the way all the boys are dressed different but cute! you do have 4 amazing miracles!

9. Following HIM
    January 29, 2010 at 11:18 pm #

I am so impressed that you spoke in front of all those people! Good for you sweet friend! It is people like you and Brad who stand to educate and show how miracles do happen and Brooks, Clark, Henry, and Issac are TRUE MIRACLES!
    ~Elyse

10. AmazingGreis
    January 30, 2010 at 12:22 am #

So glad everything went well for ya'll yesterday. I had no doubts about your AWESOMENESS!

11. Stephanie
    January 30, 2010 at 10:13 am #

What an awesome experience for you and the family!!!
    So glad it went well and the boys were well behaved 🙂
    Congrats to Krystyn..she is a friend of mine from school 🙂

12. Kara
    January 31, 2010 at 9:58 am #

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!The boys look so old! I can't believe it! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. Your family is such a miracle/witness of God's power.

February 1, 2010 at 12:31 pm #

Congratulations! I'm so glad it went well. But then, we all knew you'd do great. 🙂

-Holly