Put You in The Mood for Fall – Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin is one of fall’s finest ingredients. When else can you use a can of vegetables to make a sweet dessert?  I’ll be waiting to hear someone comment about their grandmother’s delicious canned asparagus torte that they make every spring….Or Not.

This recipe for Pumpkin Pancakes is Easy as Pie (and it tastes like it too)! And you probably have these ingredients already in your pantry. Don’t you hate hunting for random ingredients at the grocery store?

Here’s all the ingredients your need:

DSC_3797c

2 Cups Pure Canned Pumpkin

6 Eggs

1 Cup Flour

2/3 Cup Milk

6 T  Brown Sugar

1 t Baking Soda

1 t Cinnamon

1/2 t Salt

1/2 t Nutmeg

4 T Butter

Combine all the ingredients (minus the butter) in a large bowl.  Stir until well blended.  Then add butter and batter to a hot skillet.  Flip over when set.

DSC_3803c

Add a little cream and a fork and you have yourself some yummy pumpkin pancakes!

DSC_3806c

What’s your favorite fall flavor or fixin’?  Please share!

18 Responses to “Put You in The Mood for Fall – Pumpkin Pancakes”

1. Kim Runyon
    September 20, 2009 at 6:24 pm #

Yum! Yum! Yum! I have made these before for my family and they are a big hit!
    Last weekend we were in Ashville, NC and there is a restaurant called Tupelo Honey's and I had sweet potato pancakes. They were just as good as the pumpkin! I may have to give them a try at home too.

September 20, 2009 at 7:58 pm #

Always dessert for me…I have a great recipe for pumpkin bars! Yum. Thanks for the reminder that now it the time to pull that out.
    TW

3. Lorri
    September 20, 2009 at 10:06 pm #

We LOVE pumpkin pancakes (made with pumpkin, sweet potato, or other winter squash ;)! Another favorite here is pumpkin pie pudding, and my newest recipe to try will be pumpkin snickerdoodles. :)

4. Jessica
    September 20, 2009 at 10:12 pm #

Embarrasingly Easy…..

Pumpkin Eater Cakes

1 box spice cake mix
    1 c. pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix, just regular pumpkin)
    2/3 c. water
    2 eggs
    6 oz. Chocolate chips

Mix all together. Spoon into greased muffin tin (or paper lined muffin tin). Bake 15 min at 350.

5. susan
    September 21, 2009 at 4:55 am #

here in Australia I do not think we can buy pumpkin in a tin can!! I would need to cook a real pumpkin first…. but because I do this ALL the time at the moment making my babies their food I may just put aside 2 cups and surprise my family with this recipe……

they sound yummy

thanks xx

6. Kate
    September 21, 2009 at 5:04 pm #

Mmmmm! We're coming to YOUR house for breakfast tomorrow! :0)

I am buying all the ingredients to make my famous pumpkin bread this week.

7. Katy
    September 21, 2009 at 7:25 pm #

Yummm! It was great meeting you and your husband the other night! I'm so glad I read your FAQ. I was thinking about how I asked you if you would have more kids and how that might be pretty rude of me to ask. I was a bit relieved to see it was a FAQ and that I'm not the only one!

Looking forward to "following" you and learning more about you! Hope to see you again sometime!

8. MyFaithandJoy
    September 21, 2009 at 10:47 pm #

What a great idea! I will definitely have to try them. I'm a big fan of your vegetables = dessert concept. I may have to whip up a batch of zucchini bread while I'm at it!

9. Lani
    September 22, 2009 at 1:22 pm #

Wow- what a great idea, I have to try it now:) I think I might even have some pumpkin in my pantry.. thanks for the idea!

September 22, 2009 at 10:56 pm #

these sound amazing! We'll have to try them this weekend! I just put Pumpkin on my shopping list! Thanks for the yummy recipe!

11. Jenn Brothers-Haler
    September 24, 2009 at 10:38 am #

Thanks for this Jen – this was our supper on Monday night!

12. amy
    September 29, 2009 at 4:56 pm #

I hopped over from Multiples and More! Oh we LOVE pumpkin pancakes over here! Also LOVE Iced Pumpkin Cookies… to die for!

13. Kalle
    October 5, 2009 at 1:28 pm #

These look so fabulous. I'm going to make them this weekend with SD and the family.

14. Charity Donovan
    January 31, 2010 at 2:20 pm #

Thanks for the recipe Mur! So yummy!!!!

15. Emily @ Random Recycling
    October 17, 2011 at 9:58 pm #

We are going to try these this weekend. I have a favorite Pumpkin Waffle recipe that makes a bunch of extra to freeze. And Pumpkin Muffins are usually in our baking rotation once we slow down on the apple baking happening lately.

16. Hillary Redden
    September 30, 2012 at 6:35 pm #

Yummy! I just made them for supper and they were delish! :)

• QuatroMama
      September 30, 2012 at 8:54 pm #

You are too sweet! So glad they turned out well! My boys LOOOOOOVE them

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Land O'Moms – For Moms, By Moms Community – 25 Foods That Make You Fall for Fall - October 21, 2013

[…] Pumpkin Pancakes […]