Thanks to Craigslist and to some awesome grandparents for a generous contribution, we now have some fabulous new backyard decor.  A big thanks to our friend Doug also, for his disassembly, loading, and assembly skills!  Can you believe they had this disassembled, made a 2 hour roundtrip drive, and had it fully reassembled in a little over 3 hours?

With a little stain, she’ll be as good as new.  I think we’ll be enjoying this Rainbow Play Set for years to come!

DSC_1472c

DSC_1473c

DSC_1475c

DSC_1476c

Where’s Waldo the quaddies?  Can you find all 4 boys in this picture?

19 Responses to “Thank you, Craigslist”

April 3, 2009 at 12:46 pm #

1 is on the swing
    2 is pushing a lawn mower
    3 is climbing the small ladder
    5 is climbing the big ladder

April 3, 2009 at 12:47 pm #

meant 4 not 5

3. Stephanie
    April 3, 2009 at 2:55 pm #

I could only find 3 of them!
    What a wonderful treat that is going to be to have in the yard!!
    The boys are going to have so much fun!
    Way to go big guys too..less than 3 hours is impressive!!

4. Eight Is Enough
    April 3, 2009 at 3:41 pm #

Okay, so I have searched Craig’s List for 2 years and miss one of these every time. Maybe you can help me out… I am rather sad and jealous.

Jen

5. Devin
    April 3, 2009 at 3:58 pm #

Wow!

That looks soooooo awesome. They’ll get so much use out of that!

(My 5 year old is looking over my shoulder and drooling right now….seriously….)

6. Mrs. Wilson
    April 3, 2009 at 4:01 pm #

I see them all!! ladder, ladder, swing, lawn mower 🙂

7. Williams' bunch
    April 3, 2009 at 4:54 pm #

I saw the obvious two, then it looks like the other two are on the ladders.

Nice play set! It will be so fun for them, especially once the weather warms up! 🙂

8. Calonder Crew
    April 3, 2009 at 5:05 pm #

I think I found them all…One pushing the lawn mower, one on the swing, one on the ladder in the back, and one, I THINK, on the side ladder??? I think I see some coat back there!

We are currently looking for a swingset for the triplets, haven’t found any on Craigslist yet and have you seen the price of these things new??!? I think we’ll be getting a metal one if we can’t find a used one. They have a bounce house and enclosed sports yard inflatable, too, so will have plenty of choices. Can’t wait for summer!!

9. Suzanne
    April 3, 2009 at 5:20 pm #

awesome! great find, murr! can we come play??? the steece peeps desperately need some fun in the backyard…craigslist is a great idea! hoping you guys get some nice warm weather soon to play for hours outside!!! love you! happy friday!

10. Amy from Occupation: Mommy
    April 3, 2009 at 6:36 pm #

We were fortunate enough to find a similar swingset in our backyard when we moved into our house three years ago. Our girls have gotten endless hours of enjoyment out of it. Way to find a bargain!

11. marielle
    April 3, 2009 at 9:25 pm #

How much did it cost on Craigslist? I ve seen them brand new for thousands! Way out of our budget! Wow you have a huge yard!!!!!!!! love it!

12. Following HIM
    April 3, 2009 at 9:51 pm #

OOO…I see them all too! Love that you guys found this for them. They will sure have HOURS of fun on this thing too!
    ~Elyse~

13. Goerlich Quadruplets
    April 3, 2009 at 10:04 pm #

you are awesome! what a feat to conquer! taking down and putting up, my hats off to you both! so worth it – enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

14. Nicole
    April 3, 2009 at 10:21 pm #

Awesome deal!! The Lord provides. We got a used Rainbow this year, when it arrived in the backyard it layed in the grass just boards…I was disappointed. My handyman husband replaced old boards and bought Cabot’s stain from Lowes and it looks brand new. Go to Lowes and get the Cabot’s stain, you will not be disappointed.

15. The Cochran Crew
    April 3, 2009 at 11:12 pm #

Awesome!! I have no luck at Craigslist probably because I’m not dedicated enough at looking. If I could get addicted like I am to blogging, I would have everything I needed plus more!! Still searching for a RunABout!! Precious pic at the bottom, it took me a while to find 3 and 4!! Much Luv!

16. rebekaah
    April 5, 2009 at 9:17 pm #

Rainbow playsets will last forever! Your boys will certainly love playing on it! It looks great!

Please if you can…

Please pray for this young Christian mother struggling with a painful and difficult medical decision for her unborn daughter.

17. Moni Graf
    April 6, 2009 at 12:05 am #

You’re such a girl after my own heart, Jen! Way to snag that bargain of a deal.

Hope the set provides hours upon hours of entertainment this summer, and for many more to come.

Love,
    Moni

April 7, 2009 at 6:53 pm #

Okay so now I have to get on and check out Craigslist! Congrats! Looks like years of fun!! 🙂
    Mandy

19. Indigo Bleu Photography
    April 7, 2009 at 9:07 pm #

Oh craigslist, i love them!

Rainbow Play Systems are the best. It will be enjoyed for sure.