I LOVE SOUP SEASON!!!! Bring on the chowder, chili, and warm goodness!
I put together this simple taco soup in the crockpot the other night, and it was a definite crowd pleaser! It’s a soup that you can prep and walk away from for the day, and let the slow-cooker do the magic.
First you’ll want to brown a pound of hamburger with your favorite taco seasoning (I like this homemade recipe) and a 1/2 of a diced onion. Transfer that to your crockpot and add 2 cans of diced tomatoes (use the ones with green chilies added for an extra kick), taco sauce, 1 can of black beans, 1 can of tomato sauce, and tomato juice. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I added a small bag of frozen corn in the last 45 minutes.
Serve it with all your favorite fixin’s – guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips!
Soup Bowl Bottoms Up! =)
Easy Crockpot Taco Soup
- 1 lb. of hamburger
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup of taco sauce
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of tomato juice
- 1 small bag of frozen corn
- Optional Toppings: avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips
1. Brown hamburger, diced onion, and taco seasoning over medium heat.
2. Drain and transfer to slow cooker.
3. Add remaining ingredients except for the frozen corn. Stir to combine ingredients.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Add the frozen corn in the last 45 minutes – hour of cooking. Add extra tomato juice if the soup is too thick for your liking.
6. Serve with avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, and/or tortilla chips.
What’s Your Favorite Crockpot Soup?