On Your Due Date…

Our Sweet Baby 5,

Today was the day we marked on our calendar as the day you were due to be born – the end of the summer and what we thought would be the start of a an entirely new blessing.

That wasn’t God’s plan for your life, and we’ve wrestled and submitted to His plan for you. However, a day hasn’t went by that we haven’t thought of you, and longed for the day when we will finally meet.

The pain that we’ve walked through is an outpouring of our love for you. It’s a outcry to show that you were life, and you mattered.

Each time I see a swollen belly of a baby due around your due date, I want to both cry and rejoice with the mother who is carrying that life. What a joy it must be to still have a beating heart inside of you!

Just because your life wasn’t made for this earth, doesn’t mean it was insignificant.  You have impacted our lives in a deep way.  You were a surprise to us that we didn’t even think was possible. You were a gift.

Until Heaven,

Mommy, Daddy, and Your Four Brothers

due-date-miscarriage-baby-5

14 Responses to “On Your Due Date…”

1. JessieLeigh
    July 28, 2014 at 2:14 pm #

So much love to you, Jen. Thanks for sharing your heart. Your beautiful baby is surely smiling in heaven to have such an amazing mama. xoxo
    JessieLeigh recently posted.. Size Doesn’t Matter and Hypocrisy

2. Nikki
    July 28, 2014 at 2:16 pm #

Sending you and your family my love today! 🙂

3. Emily
    July 28, 2014 at 2:28 pm #

Tears. I would have loved being able to love on this 5th Murray kiddo. I’m excited along with you to meet this little one someday. You are a precious friend and in my prayers today. Hugs!
    Emily recently posted.. From Where I Stand {Motherhood}

4. chrisgharmon
    July 28, 2014 at 2:30 pm #

So much love to you today & always. xoxo
    chrisgharmon recently posted.. in her own time

5. Cherie from Queen of Free
    July 28, 2014 at 3:11 pm #

I love you friend. I love your heart. I love your eternal perspective. I love your sweet baby and the entire Murray family. Extra hugs and prayers sent to carry you through another difficult step in this journey of life.
    Cherie from Queen of Free recently posted.. 7 Ways You Might Be Wasting Money

6. Covington Grandma
    July 28, 2014 at 4:48 pm #

My dear daughter (and Brad) Just want you to know that we are hurting with you and I can’t keep the tears back. Baby #5 was so loved and I am so glad to know that eternal life will allow us to see that little one someday. God understands.

7. Myra
    July 28, 2014 at 10:25 pm #

Tears. My heart hurts with yours. We love y’all and I just know our babies are BFFs in heaven. <3
    Myra recently posted.. Turn Your Photos Into Metal Wall Art

8. Emily
    July 29, 2014 at 1:03 am #

Your words are so beautiful. “Just because your life wasn’t made for this earth, doesn’t mean it was insignificant.” Amen, amen, amen. Praying for you and your family now, and for all those whose arms are aching for a child, no matter how full or empty they are.

9. Jen
    July 29, 2014 at 3:03 am #

Lots of love and prayers.

10. Linda Renner
    July 29, 2014 at 3:32 am #

Oh, dear sweet friends, please know how much you are loved. Praying and crying with you. Bill and Linda

11. Malissa
    July 29, 2014 at 7:06 pm #

Love and prayers to you and yours during this time.

12. Debbie
    July 30, 2014 at 12:42 am #

Lots of love and prayers. Beautiful post.

August 2, 2014 at 3:25 am #

I can only begin to imagine the range of emotions through all of this. Was thinking of you this week.
    Barbara Manatee recently posted.. Welcome summer

14. Merie
    August 6, 2015 at 10:34 pm #

I just stumbled onto your blog, and had to go back through your posts to see what “#5” was all about. My heart is tender with yours, and, like someone else said, I love your “eternal perspective.” So I’ll remind you of the words of a hymn that says, “When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be…we’ll sing and shout the victory!” Looking forward to meeting you there!