If you’ve hung out with us here for very long at all, you’ll know that we bleed BLUE this time of year. We love our Indianapolis Colts (although we’re still getting over our Peyton Manning break-up). Since the boys were babies we’ve been dressing them in jerseys and cheering faithfully on gameday.
We love cheering on the Colts as a family, and it’s so fun to see our boys get into it more each year.
Here Are Some Ways To Gear Up For Gameday with Your Kids:
– Collect jerseys from hand-me-downs, Goodwill, and end of the season sales to get into the spirit.
– Start the pregame off with some tackles, practice throws, and kicks outside to burn off some energy prior to kickoff.
– Visit the stadium where your beloved team plays. Often they offer tours of the locker rooms and facilities.
– Encourage them to have their own football (or other sporting competition) when they get bored with watching the game on television. Our boys love to reenact the game during commercial breaks and then usually a game between them begins in the living room or outdoors by 2nd half.
– Have an alternative option for your kid(s) who aren’t into the game. Maybe they could create team posters, or play with something that you keep stored away, or a movie that they could watch in another room.
– Don’t forget the power of the DVR. We love to pause our live game, put the boys to bed for the night, and then catch up and watch the end live (and commercial free).
– Keep your team colors clean and fresh with Tide Febreze Freshness Sport. It’s made to treat tough sport stains like grass, clay, and heaven forbid…blood. And you’ll be able to hug them again without holding your breath!
So how does YOUR family gear up for game day? What team do you and your family cheer on?
This post was sponsored by Tide through their partnership with Circle of Moms. While I was compensated to write a post about Tide Plus Febreze Freshness Sport, all opinions are my own.