I tried a recipe on a whim the other day. I had a mad craving for chocolate chip cookies, but was feeling to lazy to make cookies. Thus, I found this recipe for Chocolate N’ Oat Bars from the Eagle Brand website, tweaked it a little and it’s vanished from our kitchen twice since!
It’s made with ingredients that are pantry staples – I love a sweet that doesn’t require a grocery store run!
You’ll love this easy recipe for last minute guests, church carry-ins, or weekend munchies!
Easy Chocolate Chip Oat Bars
- 1 c of all-purpose Flour
- 3/4 c packed light brown sugar
- 1 c of quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 c of softened butter
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional: chopped nuts, butterscotch chips, or peanut butter chips
1. Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, and butter until it makes a crumbly mixture.
2. Set aside 1 cup of the mixture for the topping.
3. Press firmly into a 9×13 glass baking dish.
4. Evenly top with the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and other optional toppings.
5. Bake for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
6. Top with the reserved crumb topping and bake an additional 15 minutes until lightly brown.
7. Serve warm with a tall glass of milk.