Halloween 2012: When Duct Tape And The Dollar Store Collide

Around here we go all out on Halloween Group Costumes.  Something about having quadruplets brings it out…it’s a challenge of sorts, a rite of embarrassment, a neighborhood tradition.

First there were our Hallow Weiners in 2007

hot dog halloween costumes little weiners baby

Then we went with the cute herd of giraffes in 2008

litte giraffes baby halloween costumes

The EPIC Monkeys Jumping on the Bed Costume turned FLOAT in 2009…

5 little monkeys jumping on the bed halloween costume for kids

Our Taste of Halloween in 2010

little heart attacks pizza and cheeseburger costumes

And my all-time favorite Fruit of the Womb Costume in 2011

fruit of the womb halloween costume quadruplets

We simply couldn’t beat last year. It holds its own history and fame.

However, with the help of The Dollar Tree and several rolls of duct tape, we pulled off this heroic outfit, and the boys couldn’t have loved it more.

My Knight and Shining Armors…

my knight and shining armor sons

They stared at it all morning. They didn’t play with their toys because they were obsessed over it.  They talked about it allllllll day long.  So while it may not win on the cute or embarrassing factor, it won them over completely.

knight and shining armor Halloween costumes

I mean after all, the costume involved SWORDS.  Instant win for 5 year old boys.

knight and shining armors fighting halloween

And I must admit, these four Knight and Shining Armors have completely captured my heart.

13 Responses to “Halloween 2012: When Duct Tape And The Dollar Store Collide”

1. Crystal
    November 1, 2012 at 10:41 am #

You always do a great job! Jack always vetoes my ideas for costumes. 🙁

2. Capri + 3--Theresa
    November 1, 2012 at 10:58 am #

I love the Halloween recap. Great costumes every year… I love the bed frame on the stroller with the monkeys jumping on the bed. The fruit of the womb is beyond cute and creative! We match ours too but you take it a step further and get into the game by dressing up too. I love it! It would be great if you would link this post to Multiples Monday (when it opens up on Monday). I hope your family had a happy Halloween. We had 335 trick or treaters so it was busy at our house. Ours are still too young for candy but they liked greeting everyone at the door.

: 0 ) Theresa (Capri + 3)
    Capri + 3–Theresa recently posted.. Artsy Play Wednesday

3. Dawn Listner
    November 1, 2012 at 10:59 am #

Love, love, LOVE every single one of those! So creative and so fun! 🙂

4. Autumn
    November 1, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

I love these! (Especially the Hallow Weiners 😉 and the Fruit Of The Womb! You are such a fun and creative mama!
    Autumn recently posted.. The Post-Halloween Post

5. Johanna Hanson
    November 1, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

How perfectly cute! My five year old boy would have LOVED being a knight!

6. Laura
    November 2, 2012 at 9:25 am #

Great costumes! So creative!!!

7. Stephanie
    November 2, 2012 at 10:53 am #

I found you through The Mom Creative. Those costumes are awesome. I love the monkeys jumping on the bed!
    Stephanie recently posted.. Blessing #144 – Turtleman and Turtle

8. Cerise
    November 2, 2012 at 11:39 am #

ALL those costumes are amazing. LOVE the monkeys. The knights are perfect though. They really got into character.

9. Tonya @ Love of Family & Home
    November 2, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Loved seeing your recap of Halloween’s past! The “Fruit of the Womb” costumes are my favorite!! So clever!!
    Tonya @ Love of Family & Home recently posted.. Happily Ever Before & After Week 10: Beach Cottage Family Room via Organizing Made Fun

10. Laura
    November 3, 2012 at 9:35 am #

Such cute knights in shining armor!

November 4, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

So creative every year! How many rolls of duct tape did you go through for this year’s costumes?? They looked perfect!
    Barbara Manatee recently posted.. Phone Photos

• QuatroMama
      November 5, 2012 at 10:49 am #

Thanks, Barb! I think our count was about 4. =) The pants can stand up by themselves! HA!

12. LuAnn Braley