Go Bird Watching…
Halfway through our 31 Days of Simple Outdoor Adventures for Boys! There are LOTS of great ideas left this month!
I have been surprised at how fascinated my boys have been with birds. We have a Ornithology Center at a nearby park with a viewing area, stuffed birds, and lots of picture resource books that have entertained them for hours this year. Of course their favorite birds are birds of prey – falcons, eagles, etc. Go figure!
I enjoy bird watching with the boys because it’s a calm activity and there are so many varieties to watch/identify. The diversity of God’s creation never ceases to amaze me! We’ve often spotted woodpeckers, cardinals, sparrows, chickadees, blue jays, doves, nut hatches, finches, and robins all in one day!
- Bird Species Nature Reference Cards
- Bird Watching Printable Checklist
- Make a Pine Cone Bird Feeder
- Birds, Nests, & Eggs (Take Along Guides)
- Build and Paint a Birdhouse Kit
* You don’t have to go far to watch for birds. You very own backyard probably hosts dozens of species.
*Building a Birdhouse or Making a Bird Feeder is a great family activity to attract more birds to your backyard.
What Kind of Birds Do You See in Your Backyard?