So Many Olympic Sports, So Little Time

It’s been 4 years since our Olympic hopefuls made their video debut in gymnastics…

How is it possible that those rolly drooling babies have turned into this?????

olympic fencing london games 2012.jpg

This Olympics, they are into fencing (with wooden spoons and super hero masks), soccer, badminton, swimming, cycling, running, and pretty much any other sport that’s being televised during their waking hours.

Watch. Reenact. Repeat.

4 man rowing olympic games london 2012

{Getty Images}

Brad and I think 4 man rowing could be an ideal fit for 2024. 😉 I would be happy to yell “ROW!” on the edge of the boat. You know if that’s what it takes for the team.

Or perhaps I’ll sit on the sidelines with intense emotion as Aly Raisman’s parents did last night as they watched her compete in gymnastics, if my heart could handle that much pressure…

For now I’ll sit in front of the telly and chant “U-S-A!!!!” with my superhero fencers and take in another great Olympics!

How about your family?  Do YOU get into the Olympic events?  Which ones are must-watch (or must-reenact) in your house?

6 Responses to “So Many Olympic Sports, So Little Time”

1. Crystal
    July 30, 2012 at 11:23 am #

Nick knows that every 2 years, I take a 2-week hiatus from cooking, cleaning and all other excessive responsibilities beyond surviving. This fast from real life just “happens” to be during the Olympics. :-)

• QuatroMama
      July 31, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

I’m so glad I’m not alone! PS I just remembered I STILL owe you pictures, right?

2. Emily
    July 30, 2012 at 8:46 pm #

Am I ridiculous for almost getting a bit teary at the Olympic video? Such gooood memories! I had to share with Nick because he sees how grown up and cute they are now, but it is different than baby cute 😉 Love them and you!!! : )

• QuatroMama
      July 31, 2012 at 8:43 pm #

Not ridiculous in the slightest! I could tear up with how much you’ve seen us through! Love you back!

3. Angie @ Just Like The Number
    July 31, 2012 at 9:49 am #

I haven’t seen them try to re-enact much so far this time around, but we spent a good part of the 2010 Winter Olympics dodging brooms while they played “Curling! Curling! (a.k.a hurling). Love it.
    Angie @ Just Like The Number recently posted.. Our Great State Fair! {Ticket & Dairy Bar Giveaway}

• QuatroMama
      July 31, 2012 at 8:44 pm #

Hurling. There’s always some of that around our house in the winter! 😉