Rookie Runners

We have four more runners in our house.  After and during Brad’s mini-marathon training, they’ve been running their hearts out: 3 runs around the block on Sunday, laps around the outside of the house, sprints from one end of the house to another.  {If you can’t tell, they look up to their daddy intensely!}

We discovered that part of the 500 Festival in Indianapolis during the month of May includes a non-competitive Rookie Run for kids ages 3-12. It took no convincing to sign these band of brothers up for their first race!

quadruplet super hero runners in capes

Of course, their superhero capes gave them an unfair advantage in speed and strength. {It’s all superhero all the time at our house!}

super hero capes for boys

Carbin’ Up before the race… 😉

race food for kid runners

We had time after picking up our registration packets to enjoy the Kid’s Festival and check out lots of the activities and displays. We also had the privilege of running into former congressman Mike Pence, who is running for governor of our state.  {He asked us for a picture to post on his Facebook page. 😉 }

mike pence indiana may 500 festival with quadruplets

At 1:40 the 5 year olds race began, thankfully our boys were in the second heat, because they were ready to run!

starting line 2012 rookie run indianapolis may

On your marks… Get set…..

indianapolis 500 festival rookie run starting line

RUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

5 year old run rookie run indianapolis

What a great way to spend Mother’s Day weekend  with my boys.  At one point after the race, I looked at Brad and said, “Brad, we have quadruplets, and they all are able to run in a race!” {It’s nothing short of miraculous.}

rookie run 500 festival indianapolis 5 year olds

They’ve accomplished so much in their 5 years of life, and I’m so thankful to be their Mama.

rookie run finish line 5 year olds

And the race continues…

23 Responses to “Rookie Runners”

1. mom taxi julie
    May 14, 2012 at 12:34 pm #

Adorable! What a great way to keep the family in shape 🙂
    mom taxi julie recently posted.. Mother’s Day Weekend Fun!

• QuatroMama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:45 am #

They can definitely outrun me these days! Gotta build up my endurance even more! Thanks, Julie!

2. Erica Mueller
    May 14, 2012 at 1:30 pm #

What an adorable team you have. 🙂 I bet their daddy was especially proud.
    Erica Mueller recently posted.. Online Password Safety Tips

• QuatroMama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Quite proud, I think. Thanks so much, Erica!

3. Katy
    May 14, 2012 at 2:35 pm #

How could I miss the capes! I couldn’t remember if the quads were 4 or 5. I’m lame. I looked in the 4 year old line up but then we left. LOVE the crouched down start!

• QuatroMama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:43 am #

Wasn’t the weather perfection? Such a fun event!

4. Kelly
    May 14, 2012 at 3:17 pm #

I just found your website through Pinterest. I am also a mom of boys. What fun!!! I can’t wait to read through more!
    Kelly recently posted.. Attention all mommies!

• QuatroMama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:43 am #

So glad you found us, Kelly! Looking forward to getting to know YOU better!

5. Shelly Coulter
    May 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm #

I LOVE THIS! I have a four year old (5 in JUly) that will be running his first with my in June. It will be his first 1/4 mile race and my first half marathon! I’m not sure what I’m more excited for! 🙂 This is so great! Thanks for sharing the pics!

6. Diane
    May 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm #

It is so fun to hop over here to see what you guys are up to. Aren’t energetic boys such a blast???
    Diane recently posted.. A Little Getaway

• QuatroMama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:39 am #

Yes! Especially when you can channel that energy into an accomplishment! Hope things are going well for you, Diane!

• Diane
        May 17, 2012 at 11:19 pm #

Things are great. It’s been such a blessing to get a peek into your life 🙂 You are truly inspiring!!!
        Diane recently posted.. Workin’ Together

7. Angie @ Just Like The Number
    May 14, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

The photo of you with the boys post-race made me tear up with happy tears … What a miracle indeed!
    Angie @ Just Like The Number recently posted.. Don’t Call It a Comeback. Or a Pop-Tart. It’s a Hand Pie.

• QuatroMama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:39 am #

Sweet Friend, thank you for understanding the miracle. I honestly pictured life very differently when the risks of quadruplets was explained to us, and I’m so thankful for God’s grace in giving us the opposite.

8. Shannon
    May 14, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

Oh how those superhero capes make my heart smile! Way to go boys:) So fun and what a wonderful way to burn energy and get those wiggles out. Happy summer!
    Shannon recently posted.. Dreyton and Carter’s 4th Birthday Party

• QuatroMama
      May 15, 2012 at 10:36 am #

capes + boys = true love Right? According to Henry it was the best day of his life EVER!

9. Grady Pruitt
    May 15, 2012 at 10:47 am #

I love the superhero finish! That’s a great shot! (But then again, you always have great pics of your family in action 😀 )
    Grady Pruitt recently posted.. What Are You Grateful For?

10. Crystal
    May 15, 2012 at 8:25 pm #

Go boys go! If you guys were here in 4 and 1/2 weeks, the boys could run in the kids’ run portion of the race I’m directing. June 16 is coming up fast, so you better book your tickets so they can race with Jack! 🙂

11. Ronald Clay
    May 17, 2012 at 11:37 pm #

I am a father of three boys and found you sight through Pinterest. My wife and I have had wonderful time with our boys over the last 20 years and our youngest is 11 so we still have many more memories. Handsome boys…have fun with them.

12. Grandma
    May 18, 2012 at 10:33 pm #

They have come a long way baby and thank you for every step you took to get to this point. You have just begun but what a beginning. Thank you Lord for these boys, their mama and their daddy. Love you all.

May 21, 2012 at 9:31 pm #

So cool! I’m training for a 10 mile run later this summer and my kids have the running bug, too! We had the Kids race last weekend that is run by the same foundation that is hosting the huge race I’m running in August. The twins were determined to do the 1 mile…and I was SOOO amazingly impressed with how well they did! My daughter ran it non-stop in about 9 minutes!!! whoa!!! It was a great time and I’m so proud of them!
    Barbara Manatee recently posted.. Bless this Baby!

• QuatroMama
      May 23, 2012 at 10:52 am #

Yay! That’s awesome, Barb! I love that it’s cheap too! =)

14. LuAnn Braley
    January 4, 2013 at 5:02 pm #

I don’t know how you do it. I get tired just reading about them! *lol*
    LuAnn Braley recently posted.. Learning My Own Strength