The Historic Last Day of Winter 2012

This week summer spring began.  Usually in Indiana, the changing of guard from winter to spring goes pretty much unnoticed.  However, this year we celebrated the last day of winter in the Spiderman sprinkler*. {Thanks Aunt Kristy and Uncle Ryan!}

spiderman sprinkler in spring

It was 83. It was historic. I can just imagine them telling their own kids one day about a day they spent the sprinkler with their brothers in March.

I love thinking about the things they might look back on fondly and hope they have an endless supply of “remember whens” to share with their own children someday.

How have you been spending these first days of spring?

*Amazon affiliate link

10 Responses to “The Historic Last Day of Winter 2012”

1. Crystal
    March 23, 2012 at 10:43 am #

We’ve been spending them making snowman, having snowball fights and running through the snow! 🙂 One of these days spring will show…

• QuatroMama
      March 23, 2012 at 11:08 am #

That sounds more “typical” than what we’ve been experiencing! The cold days just make you more grateful for the warm days that are just around the corner, right?

2. DesignHER Momma
    March 23, 2012 at 12:51 pm #

I’m crazy loving this weather. Even today, although it’s rainy, is fantastic. Hope it stays forever!
    DesignHER Momma recently posted.. stale oatmeal brain

3. Stacy
    March 23, 2012 at 2:08 pm #

Love your blog! As I’m sure many say to you: I don’t know how you do it!!! WOW! 4 boys. lol I have 2 that are 16 months apart and some days I feel like treading in water. Would love for you to share tips on how you do just the everyday 🙂
    Stacy recently posted.. Spring Break Work

• QuatroMama
      March 23, 2012 at 5:16 pm #

Only by God’s grace! =) Thank you so much…I will share more soon!

4. Tesha
    March 23, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

Wow amazing family I can not even Imagine 4 the sane age. We have 4 boys on earth and one in heaven. We also have a girl. I love your blog so cute. BOYS rock,!
    Tesha recently posted.. JONATHAN’s SLIDESHOW

5. Courtney
    March 24, 2012 at 10:24 pm #

I know- the weather has been crazy here in Tulsa, too. I don’t ever remember having to turn the AC on in March! You’re four boys are too cute- or maybe at this point I should say “handsome”!

Blessings!

6. Lisa Jean
    March 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

We also did the sprinkler this week. First time in Maine for us 🙂

7. Crosby
    March 26, 2012 at 5:34 am #

Me too, I cherish those unforgettable moments. Especially those simple days that simply made special for a simple reason. Thanks for reminding me that life is historic.
    Crosby recently posted.. What Is Tinnitus A Symptom Of