Wombmates to Cribmates to Roommates to Bunkmates

First they were wombmates,

ultrasound of quadruplets image at six weeks

Then they changed to cribmates,

how to co-bed twins in a crib

Who transitioned to roommates,

twin boys sharing a room toddler beds

That last night turned into bunkmates.

bunkmates identical twins boys

{and roommates again}

twins boys sharing bunk beds

All together in the same room. A room FULL of boys and memories in the making!

Happy 5th Birthday, Boys! Enjoy bunking together, and remember these bunk beds, sheets, mattresses, and mattress covers cost more than your Daddy’s first car! 😉

17 Responses to “Wombmates to Cribmates to Roommates to Bunkmates”

1. Maija @ Maija's Mommy Moments
    February 6, 2012 at 11:48 am #

I love this! My two eldest children are bunk mates right now and I love having them in a room together – you’re right there are definitely memories in the making!
    Maija @ Maija’s Mommy Moments recently posted.. What I Made From Pinterest This Week

• QuatroMama
      February 6, 2012 at 3:36 pm #

So sweet! Love the togetherness! =)

2. Wiley
    February 6, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

That’s definitely a room full of boys! How do you work closet space?!?

And do they each have a certain bed or is there a rotation?
    Wiley recently posted.. 76-week medical streak broken!

• QuatroMama
      February 6, 2012 at 3:34 pm #

We’re still figuring out our new clothing/closet situation. They already shared one closet, so that still works, but the dressers would no longer fit in the room of beds, so we have to figure out a new system.

3. Emily
    February 6, 2012 at 12:12 pm #

I am SOOOOOO happy that they are all back together, and I’m sure you are too! Oh, the fun! I almost want to come watch them overnight just so I can experience the new mayhem of bedtime fun 😉

• QuatroMama
      February 6, 2012 at 3:33 pm #

Well, in that case you’re on duty tonight! HA! No, please come by and see the new set up. =) We love you!

4. Crystal
    February 6, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

I’ll bet they will just love this setup! Bunkbeds are so handy. P.S. I’m the writer who asked you about the Clubhouse, Jr. article — was something you were still interested in doing? It’s fine if not, I was just hoping to find out for sure. 🙂

• QuatroMama
      February 6, 2012 at 3:32 pm #

Crystal, I am so terribly sorry! I have your email in my inbox starred and it has disappeared. My ugly inbox must have ate it. Would you mind re-sending? Thank you so much for pursuing us and being an encouragement in our lives!

February 6, 2012 at 9:14 pm #

How fun! We got our twins bunk beds for their 5th birthday this year, too. Right now, our boy/girl twins still share a room and their younger brother has his own room. At this point, that arrangement still works well for everyone involved!

Soon though, we’ll be putting our youngest in toddler bed, then a big boy bed…then once we trust he can stay in his own bed, in his own room, we’ll work on letting him share a room with his brother which will then allow our daughter to have her own room.

Some people are surprised that we still have our b/g twins share a room but they are so close and love it and I’m going to cherish that as long as I can!

6. Theresa
    February 6, 2012 at 11:57 pm #

So much fun! Ours have gone from crib mates to room mates (sharing cribs to having their own cribs) all in the same room. It is nice to see how you have transitioned and what we have to look forward to.

: 0 ) Theresa
    Capri + 3, Multiple Babies = Multiple Blessings
    Theresa recently posted.. Things People Say…

7. noelle
    February 7, 2012 at 4:44 am #

I knew a lady with 5 boys who all slept in 1 room and all the dressers were in a seperate room 😉 She was my old neighbor. I’d probably do the same. I have 2 boys 4yrs. apart in age currently sleeping in a bunk… 10 and 6. Wondering how long until the 10yr. old is too big for a bunk?!? But there’s no room otherwise!! Baby girl has the 3rd (smallest) bedroom to herself and all the boys’ stuff is crammed into 1 small room! With stuff in the garage too as we have no room for a playroom : /

8. Lana
    February 7, 2012 at 9:26 am #

Too funny. The time really does go by so quickly. You won’t know what to do with yourself once they head off to Kindergarten! Enjoy and happy birthday to all the boys!

9. Kathy Cunningham
    February 7, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

I misread the title and thought it said, “wombats”, not “wombmates”. Well, no matter how you spell it, they are so precious!

10. teresa
    February 7, 2012 at 5:54 pm #

i think they will love the bunkbeds and all in the same room. hopefully they will eventually go to sleep. grin.

11. Gail
    February 7, 2012 at 9:21 pm #

Aww, glad all four boys are back together. Fun times and many memories : )

Gail
    Annapolis, MD

12. Jennifer
    February 7, 2012 at 11:01 pm #

I see your boys and question, “does my daughter really look that old?!!!” They are growing up to fast. My daughter turned five on Christmas Eve.

13. Rachel
    February 8, 2012 at 1:51 pm #

This is precious – I love seeing the wombmates/cribmates they look so peaceful sleeping. Hopefully sleep will again be that peaceful once the excitement of having all FOUR boys in the same room 🙂

PS – Love the bunks, did you have these custom made?