A Simple Yet Genius Way to Keep Track of Giving Kids Medicine

You know how some of the most simple ideas are the most genius?  THIS is one of those.  I repinned this idea a little while back, and low and behold when Clark came down with a sinus infection this past week and needed antibiotics, we tried it out.

Life changing!

Just mark the days and time right on the bottle and check off after the medicine is given.  Instead of trying to solve the mystery over whether it was yesterday or this morning that you gave meds last, you can just check the bottle. {Wait am I the only one who is this forgetful?  Quadbrain 437: QuatroMama 7.}

It also makes it so much easier if more than one person is involved in giving your child medicine (husband, babysitter, nanny, etc.).

Perhaps you already have a system, or perhaps your memory is much sharper than my own, but if not THIS very well may change your life. =)

This post is linked at We are THAT Family’s Works for Me Wednesday.

10 Responses to “A Simple Yet Genius Way to Keep Track of Giving Kids Medicine”

1. Wiley
    January 25, 2012 at 11:59 am #

This is absolutely genius and I love more than anything else I’ve ever tried. Is it weird that I’m on some level rooting for an infection to try it out? (no, not really!)
    Wiley recently posted.. Sense of impending doom, lifted!

• QuatroMama
      January 25, 2012 at 4:57 pm #

I won’t wish an infection on you, but it’s almost fun to check off! =)

2. Dawn
    January 25, 2012 at 12:50 pm #

Jen, you just caused me to nearly slap myself. Six kids, all of whom are too old for liquid medication now, and lots of… “Did I give it to him this morning? Or was that last night?” Oh yeah. Genius. Totally Pinned it!!
    Dawn recently posted.. If You Love Me- Please Update!

• QuatroMama
      January 25, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

Thank you! So glad that I’m not the only one who struggles with the medication memory! <3

3. Beth
    January 25, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

Genius!!

We are right in the middle of a few infections and having four kids on three different antibiotics with different dosage schedules is WAY too much for my groggy quad-mama brain. I have created elaborate charts in an effort to keep myself organzied, I can’t believe I never thought of this.
    Thanks for sharing!

• QuatroMama
      January 25, 2012 at 4:56 pm #

I know right? It almost makes you mad that it’s so simple!

January 25, 2012 at 9:08 pm #

I saw that idea on pinterest, too! It IS genius!! Sorry you had to test it out already though!!

5. Darcy @ Message in a Mason Jar
    January 25, 2012 at 11:03 pm #

Why didn’t I think of that?!! Great idea…especially in this season, which I’m sure will bring one of those bottles my way. :/

6. Stacey McCastlain
    January 26, 2012 at 1:39 pm #

Love it. Thanks for sharing.

7. Becky
    January 26, 2012 at 6:06 pm #

what a cool idea! My oldest(7) makes it easy and refuses to take antibiotics and chooses a penicillin shot over medicine anytime (just today actually!). So no remembering for me. lol If the other 2 catch her strep I will have to do this :)