Fresh Apples and Apple Cider from Beasley’s Orchard

beasley's orchard danville indiana apples

Last week we had a crisp fall day, just perfect for visiting our favorite apple orchard.  We visit Beasley’s Orchard at least once a year for fresh apples and other goodies.  Our favorite treat is their fresh apple cider.  Yummmmzzz!

fresh apple cider at beasley's orchard indiana

We also love that there’s plenty of space to ROAM…

walking through the apple orchard

EXPLORE…

pick your own apples indiana

and RUN!!!

field trip to beasley's apple orchard indiana

And who says you need HAY or a TRACTOR to make a hayride fun? When you have an imagination of a 4 year old this wagon becomes a stage for dancing, singing, and racing.

indiana fall hayride with kids

Visiting the Apple Orchard is one of our favorite Fall traditions!

visiting beasley's apple orchard

How about YOU – do you visit an Apple Orchard this time of year?  What’s your favorite variety of apple?  (We like the Honey Crisp, Jonagold, and Granny Smith’s the best.) What’s your favorite thing to cook with apples?

15 Responses to “Fresh Apples and Apple Cider from Beasley’s Orchard”

1. Amanda
    September 19, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

We were at Beasley’s just this morning! We live extremely close to Anderson’s orchard so we frequent there a lot in the fall b/c of their fall concession stand–can we say elephant ears?!? YUM!!

I made homemade applesauce last weekend, going to try apple butter this afternoon. YUMMY!!

• QuatroMama
      September 21, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

Amanda – we should have planned to go TOGETHER! Heard I missed you again the other night! =( We (Amy and I) talked about you, though! =)

2. Jen W.
    September 19, 2011 at 2:30 pm #

We took our twin boys apple picking Labor Day, it was their first picking experience and they have been asking to do it ever since. They will be 2 in November. We did it as part of our home preschool initiative we started in August, and they had so much fun picking the apples and making pie and apple sauce. I hear almost daily requests for apple pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

• QuatroMama
      September 21, 2011 at 4:27 pm #

Your blog is SO CUTE! Love that you’re recapping your weeks of Preschool. Don’t you love making those seasonal memories?

3. Kori Gammon
    September 19, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

We don’t have apple orchards nearby but I’m hoping to find some at our local farmers market for cheap so I can bottle some apple pie filling in the next few weeks.

• QuatroMama
      September 21, 2011 at 4:25 pm #

Is the apple pie filling easy to make/store, Kori?

4. Kaia
    September 19, 2011 at 4:36 pm #

We love Galas for applesauce, canning, and eating fresh! Honey Crisp are also delicious!

5. Cathy Willman
    September 19, 2011 at 8:10 pm #

We’re headed to Anderson’s on Friday, I love their cider slushies. The boys love to Pick, and I love that it’s the same price whether I pick it or they do, so we pick until the boys are done, and I pick up what I need for cooking. I make applesauce every year. Sometimes regular, sometimes Red Hot. Maybe both this year. I’m also itching to try a new Apple Bread recipe next week. Galas are traditionally my favorites.

• QuatroMama
      September 21, 2011 at 4:24 pm #

It’s a GREAT day today for a Cider Slush! I wish they were closer! =)

6. Grady Pruitt
    September 20, 2011 at 9:27 am #

My son went to an orchard or a farm in Kindergarten, but we don’t do it every year. But my father-in-law does raise cattle, so we get to go see the cows just about every time we go see him.

7. joan thompson
    September 20, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

Sorry, I accidently closed the email I was posting to you. I ran across you today in Gitzen Girl’s comments under the last post, “Choosing Joy”. It appears that you are also familiar with Ann Voskamp, my new favorite author!! What wonderful uplifting blogs, both of them have, and I was thrilled that you are being enriched, also, by these women. (a momma with four little boys needs encouragement from all quarters….and you have chosen well.) May we be blessed by these women richly, one so young, yet already on her walk into Heaven’s glory, and Ann who finds so many spiritual truths in the life she lives.

Oh! What can I say?? Praise the Lord!!

• QuatroMama
      September 21, 2011 at 4:21 pm #

I’m so thankful for friends who encourage me through their words and their incredible faith! Glad you’ve found them as well! You continue to be a blessing to me through your comments – thank you so much!

8. Chloe
    September 21, 2011 at 8:00 am #

When I was there I said it was their first picking experience and they have been asking to do it ever since.and I want to experience it again..

9. Berna
    September 21, 2011 at 10:12 am #

Those little kids are adorable, I want to experience working as an apple picker.. While the apple, can I also eat that crunchy apple?? just asking =)

10. Gracelyn
    October 5, 2011 at 9:21 am #

Looks like the kids really enjoy what they’re doing and they are cute with that uniform. They are so adorable.