Easter Blessings

easter family outdoor picture

Hope you all had a blessed Easter weekend!  We had such a great time celebrating with our church family and both sides of our family throughout the weekend.  Each year I’m alive, Easter seems more full of meaning and LIFE!  I’m so thankful for Jesus and His dreadful death on the cross for my sins, His miraculous resurrection that conquered death, and the gift of eternal life through faith in Him.

I hope to celebrate it EVERY day with as much excitement and purpose as I did yesterday!

Some Blessings from our Easter Weekend:

• The Good Friday Pancake Breakfast with my family and spending the day with them.
  • The Good Friday Service at our church
  • The boys (finally) all learned to pedal their bikes without help. A truly great moment to see all four of them pedaling down the sidewalk!
  • Walking through the woods with my boys hunting for mushrooms. (Yes, we eat wild mushrooms – called morels and they are tasty!)
  • Seeing the boys get so excited about their new Bibles from their Sunday School teachers.
  • Spending Easter morning with our church family singing and celebrating!
  • Soaking up time with Brad’s family in the afternoon – delicious beef and noodles, egg hunting, and seeing lots of family!

What were YOUR Easter blessings?

PS Bonus points if you can name the boys left to right! =)

signature_thumb7

15 Responses to “Easter Blessings”

1. Traci
    April 25, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

u have such a beautiful family!

<3 Traci

• QuatroMama
      April 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm #

Thank you, Traci. You are so stinkin’ sweet! Happy Belated Easter!

2. Sonya
    April 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm #

Great picture:) I have that same dress and I’m glad I’m not the only one who decided to use it as a dress and not as PJ’s!

• QuatroMama
      April 25, 2011 at 2:08 pm #

Funny, Sonya! I don’t remember where I got it, but I definitely don’t remember it being in the pajama section. =) However, it is pretty comfy!

• Sonya
        April 25, 2011 at 3:53 pm #

I found mine at Kohls. It wasn’t hanging in the PJ department but when I went to find out if it was on sale, I finally found it there. It’s also possible that it wasn’t PJ’s but the person putting it out didn’t realize that! No matter what it is comfy!

3. Ordinary Sarah
    April 25, 2011 at 1:42 pm #

We made your Resurection Rolls yesterday! Definitely a new Easter tradtion for us. We didn’t have butter so we used applesauce and it was DELICIOUS!

Glad you had a great Easter. 🙂

• QuatroMama
      April 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm #

Oh Yay! So glad they turned out – I was surprised at how GOOD these tasted. I was making them purely for the activity/visual but YUM I think I’ll make them even when it’s NOT Easter!

4. Cathy Willman
    April 25, 2011 at 2:04 pm #

I also was thrilled to spend time with my family this wonderful holiday weekend, mine and our church family. We made Resurrection Rolls for the first time too! And after quite a nasty family fight, my sister and I made Peace, which was the biggest surprise of all.

• QuatroMama
      April 25, 2011 at 2:07 pm #

What a blessing to restore a relationship on Easter! Thankful you had a great weekend!

5. Barb
    April 25, 2011 at 3:52 pm #

Isaac, Henry, Clark and Brooks! Wonderful looking family!

• QuatroMama
      April 25, 2011 at 5:53 pm #

Switch the identicals and you’ve got it! And Thank you!

• Courtney
        April 30, 2011 at 4:08 pm #

Shoot, I was going to say the same order, but I guess I was wrong. Henry and Isaac are easy but the identicals are tougher. 🙂 Great picture though!

6. Lana
    April 25, 2011 at 6:35 pm #

I’m not even going to try and name the boys! MORELS! I am so jealous! Our blessings were to be among family and friends the entire weekend and see the sun on Easter Sunday.

• QuatroMama
      April 27, 2011 at 12:09 pm #

We found another batch last night…wanna share? =)

April 25, 2011 at 9:31 pm #

Morel hunting! Yum!! We used to find some growing in our yard the first few years we lived here, but not any more 🙁

Sounds like a wonderful Easter – ours was great, too 🙂 Great family photo!!

*******
    April is Autism Awareness Month. I’m dedicating my blog all month long to Autism.