One of THE BEST Days of My Life…

I’ve been dreaming of taking the boys to the ocean since they were babies. I couldn’t wait to see their toes get tickled by the ocean waves and dig in the “King of all Sandboxes”.

My dreams did not disappoint.

It was delightful.  My eyes filled with tears just watching their joy as they chased the waves.

putting toes in the ocean

We weren’t planning of driving to the ocean first thing. The swim trucks were buried deep in the truck on the van for a day later in the week, but as we crossed the state line, the sand and waves were calling our names.

This was an introduction worth going out of our way for …

Boys Meet the Ocean.

Ocean Meet Our Boys.

playing in the ocean for the first time

It was a short visit, but it was such a sweet one.

A memory that will not be forgotten.

A memory that will go down as one of the best days of my life.

taking quads to the beach

signature_thumb7

13 Responses to “One of THE BEST Days of My Life…”

1. Aimee
    March 30, 2011 at 8:46 am #

Awwwww, Jen–this so makes me want to get my girls there at this age! Glad you had so much fun–adventures like this are so much better seen through their eyes. (oh, and go dawgs!)

2. Lana
    March 30, 2011 at 9:09 am #

i have some awesome shots of the girls on the beach that I just had to post. Our oldest loves chasing the waves, but Little Bear will go out with me into the water and tackle the big ones, well not so big because she is only 6. Waves fascinate me, and I am soooo glad our girls feel that special pull to them as well! Love your “old time” treatment on your shots. I have many of those from “back in the day” that I keep trying to clean up. So funny that what goes around always comes back! glad you had such a great trip!

3. AmazingGreis
    March 30, 2011 at 9:49 am #

Yaye for amazing FIRST time memories!!!

4. Cissie Graham Lynch
    March 30, 2011 at 9:59 am #

So sweet. I think every family holds special Beach moments in their hearts! I know I do!

5. Crystal
    March 30, 2011 at 10:25 am #

As someone who grew up an hour away from the Pacific, I can’t imagine seeing the ocean for the 1st time at the age of 4…it’s just always been there. 🙂 Posts like this help me remember to never take it for granted — it’s such a blessing!

6. MandyE
    March 30, 2011 at 10:28 am #

That gave me goosebumps just reading it….so glad you had such an awesome first visit! I can’t wait to take our girls, I hope this summer. 🙂

7. Suzy
    March 30, 2011 at 11:18 am #

Looks HEAVENLY!!! So happy you got to do that! My dream is to take my kids to the beach in Uruguay where I grew up, or in Peru where my dad’s side of the family lives. Might be a little more unattainable. 🙁

Keep up with me, Ted, and our Fab Four at http://four-by-two.blogspot.com.

8. Kim
    March 30, 2011 at 1:54 pm #

Looks like a fantastic time. So glad it was everything you hoped it would be.

9. Amanda (4andNoMore)
    March 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm #

Is that Coco Beach? That’s where my kids all 4 saw the ocean for the first time, too!

10. emily
    March 30, 2011 at 7:31 pm #

If you ever want them to feel like they are at the ocean, but make it a much shorter trip you should try Indiana Dunes. I looove it there and they would, too. 🙂

March 31, 2011 at 10:25 pm #

This sounds awesome!! What amazing memories!!

I thought I’d let you (& any readers out there) know that I’ll be doing posts all through April on Autism Awareness. If you know of anyone who might be interested in reading – please share the word!

• QuatroMama
      April 1, 2011 at 9:44 am #

Awesome, Barbara! What an awesome way to use your blog – will spread the word!

12. Candace Ezell
    April 2, 2011 at 8:27 am #

Great pics! I love the beach, and my four year old got to go for the first time in Sept. He was amazed by all the sand, and feared the waves. These are such great ages to take kids exploring!