You All Turn Four Today.

I’ll never forget the miracle day when you stopped living in here.

image

And started living out here.

image

What a journey it has been with the four of you!

Today you each will turn four at 12:33, 12:34 (B &C), and 12:35 pm.

We’ve shared lots of memories in your four years of life…

Ventilators. Isolettes. First car rides. Co-bedding. Weekly weigh-ins. All nighters. Thousands of bottles. Seeing you each smile for the first time. Lots of teeth. Lots of tears. RSV Shots.  Playing peek-a-boo. First Christmas. Beating the odds. Learning to talk. Eating cake.

Walking at your own pace. Running. Moving. Staying in during winter months.  Playing with toys. Reading books. A few scary illnesses.

Watching you learn. Little adventures. Watching you become little people. Brushing lots of teeth. Making people laugh. Singing. Decorating cookies. Swinging. The magic of Disney World.

Swimming. Cheering for the Colts. Discovering how things work. Cracking jokes. Telling stories. Learning how to spell your name. Tackling. Bringing joy to others.

And the pretty neat thing is you’ve been with us (Yes, I’m talking to you, Readers!) through so much of this!  Thank you for caring and loving on us for FOUR YEARS. You’ve been so great and I look forward to telling the boys about so many of you who have cared for us on this adventure.  In fact, I can’t wait to show them this very post and read your birthday greetings!

Would you be so kind if you are reading (click over if you are reading via email or reader) to leave a comment telling us more about YOU!  Tell us when you first met the boys (in person or the web), tell us where you are from, tell us your favorite quad memory, or tell us a birthday wish! (Or all 4!)

Pretend this is your very own Hallmark card to our boys, and YOU get to write the inside!

I’ll even share a little birthday gift for a commenter on this post.  A recordable Hallmark storybook as a thank you for supporting our family! You will LOVE it!

image

I’ll pick a winner on Sunday, February 6th after the boys birthday party!

signature_thumb7

PS In case you were wondering, Hallmark is not sponsoring this post or the quads 4th birthday!  I received one of these as swag from the Blissdom Conference and wanted to pass it along to YOU as a thank you!

130 Responses to “You All Turn Four Today.”

1. Eos Mom
    February 2, 2011 at 10:38 pm #

Happy Birthday Brooks, Clark, Henry and Isaac!!! I’m just a mom from Phoenix who’s been reading about you guys for a few months (since the UBP). My son is 5 so I can relate to the preschool boy fun, though I can’t imagine having 4 at once! I’m sure it’s crazy but I can tell your home is just overflowing with love and joy. Best wishes!!!

February 2, 2011 at 10:46 pm #

Happy Birthday Murray Crew! Hope your day was fabulous – filled with LOTS of snow and fun!

My twins are just a few months older than you are. I think I started reading your blog shortly after you all came home. I drew a lot of inspiration from your Mommy – I told myself if SHE can do this with FOUR babies..I can do it with just two! I’ve enjoyed watching you grow up these past 4 years! what an amazing journey!

3. Shannon Morgan
    February 2, 2011 at 11:20 pm #

Happy 4th Birthday, Murray Boys! Wow, I can’t believe you’re 4, time really does go by fast! I first learned about all 4 of you when your daddy called to tell Matt, that your mommy was pregnant. We first heard there were 3 of you, only a short time later did your daddy call back and say there were 4! We were so excited for your mommy and daddy! Ever since then I started following your mommys blog, and I love reading all about the 4 of you, since we don’t live close.
    My birthday wish for each of you is that you will have a fun, fabulous, and just an all out over the top day! Overall ,I pray that God will bless each of you, keep you healthy, and that you will make the decision to follow Christ at an early age.
    So Happy 4th Birthday, from Matt & Shannon Morgan (Haubstadt, IN)

4. Lori
    February 2, 2011 at 11:29 pm #

Happy Birthday Brooks, Clark, Henry and Isaac. I knew your mother in her Butler days and have been following you guys via her blog since before we all knew there were four of you. Since I live in Maryland I have never met you in person but I have truly enjoyed watching you grow and seeing all the fun you guys have had on your adventures both in Indy and far away. I pray that in the years to come you will not only grow bigger but your relationship with eachother, your parents, and the Lord will only continue to grow stronger.

5. Jen
    February 3, 2011 at 12:40 am #

Happy Birthday Henry, Brooks, Clark and Isaac!! I’ve been reading for the past two years and introduced 4tunate to a friend of mine who was expecting quads (who now follows you as well!). You have been so blessed with such loving, godly parents. I know God is going to continue blessing you this year! My daughter will be turning 4 in March so she really loves watching your videos! Happy 4th Birthday!

6. MONA BAKER
    February 3, 2011 at 2:09 am #

happy bithday from the baker quints, 4 is a great age to be!

7. Amy
    February 3, 2011 at 2:38 am #

Happy Birthday Brooks, Isaac. Henry, and Clark from California! I found the fab four back in October ’09 following a link from the Wilkinson quints. I think that my favorite quad memory was when they threw the first four pitches at a baseball game. I hope that your birthday was a fun one. :)

8. Ojke
    February 3, 2011 at 6:37 am #

Hey everyone,

I wish you to have a wonderful day today! I hope there will be yummie birthday cakes (and not too much of a mess to clean up afterwards).

I’ve been reading this blog for about 10 months now and I love it. I’m in awe of how you guys can coope with 4 toddlers!! It’s an inspiration for me, when I struggle with my toddler twins, it helps me keeping sane. :p

Lots of greetings and birthday kisses from Belgium :)

9. Emily Hasselbeck
    February 3, 2011 at 9:23 am #

Happy 4th birthday to my favorite quads! I “met” you long before you were born at the mall in Indianapolis, when we ran into your mom and dad (and I think maybe they had just recently found out there were indeed 4 of you). Your mom and I have been friends for a long time!! :) I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting you in person yet, but I follow all of your adventures on the blog and have since you were announced (as triplets)! :) I hope your birthday was as special as you are!! You are all a delight to watch as you grow!

God bless all of you on your birthday and always!!

Love, Emily Hasselbeck

10. Jenna @ Newlyweds
    February 3, 2011 at 9:33 am #

Happy Birthday Boys!! Now that your 4 it’s time to give mommy and daddy a little break. You know, put yourself to bed, give yourself a bath, cook dinner, all that stuff, lol!!
    Seriously I found you a few months ago, I have ID twin boys, and was in awe of you with double what I have. Keep up the good work QuatroMama

11. sl
    February 3, 2011 at 9:36 am #

Happy 4th birthday Murray boys!! I began reading your blog soon after the boys were born. You are an awesome family. She are a talented writer. I love reading about your days. I wish i had written down my days when my daughter was little. I was too busy working, surviving motherhood.Ha!!

12. April
    February 3, 2011 at 11:06 am #

Happy Birthday boys! I began reading your blog after finding your blog through the Steece’s blog when Suz was pregnant. My favorite blogs are of your cute costume ideas for Halloween! So much fun!! Congratulations Mom and Dad for making it through 4 years with 4 boys! :)

13. Dani
    February 3, 2011 at 11:37 am #

I came across your blog from another blog and I’ve been reading for about 6 months. I live in Mooresville, IN (by the airport)…Happy Birthday to your four beautiful boys!

14. Jennifer
    February 3, 2011 at 12:02 pm #

I first heard about your blog when you won the web blog award a few years ago (article in the Star). I first saw the boys at Costco in the quad stroller with your husband; talked to him a bit then. I saw them a couple times this past year at the neighborhood pool (I was there with a friend who lives in the neighborhood). My son was born 2/12/07 at St. V’s and we live in the burg so will may go to school together (assuming we all stay until high school age). : ) Happy Birthday to all the boys! Have a great weekend celebrating.

15. JenS
    February 3, 2011 at 2:08 pm #

Happy Birthday, boys! I have (frat) twin boys, Isaac Henry (!) and Luke Donald. They are almost 4, big boys just like you! (They have a big sister, too!) Our family has been quite busy with 3 young ones (19 months between Emily and her brothers) (and no, it’s nothing like having 4 at once, I know! I always hated when people would tell me their kids were so close together that it was like having twins- no, no it’s not!) so I don’t know how you do it! But I hope you all have a wonderful birthday! Congratulations to you all!

16. oh amanda
    February 3, 2011 at 2:33 pm #

You are FOUR years old! I look at your parents and think–wow! God must think they are super special (and very capable) to have been blessed with four boys at once! Then I realized (as I think of my own kids, too) that it was YOU that made them super special. God gave them to you and you to them. You made them the amazing parents they are. And they love you so much–everything they do is for you and to lead you to a life full of love and adventure for God.

I’m praying this year is your best year yet!
    a

17. Alicia @ Alicia's Homemaking
    February 3, 2011 at 3:03 pm #

Yay! Happy birthday, boys! Jen, it was AWESOME to meet you at Blissdom. :)

18. Staci Brown
    February 3, 2011 at 5:45 pm #

Happy birthday boys!! You have a story that not many people will ever experience. The bond that you 4 will have growing up is unmatchable. Granted everyday won’t be roses but you’ve been blessed with each other’s friendship forever!

19. Yvonne Ledford
    February 3, 2011 at 5:55 pm #

HaPpY bIrThDaY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ tO YoU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ tO YoU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ DeAr HeNrY♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♥ ♥ ….. tO YoU… ♥ ♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪…~~~~~ aNd MaNy MoRe!~~~~~♥

HaPpY bIrThDaY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ tO YoU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ tO YoU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ DeAr BrOoKs♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♥ ♥ ….. tO YoU… ♥ ♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪…~~~~~ aNd MaNy MoRe!~~~~~♥

HaPpY bIrThDaY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ tO YoU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ tO YoU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ DeAr ClArK♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♥ ♥ ….. tO YoU… ♥ ♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪…~~~~~ aNd MaNy MoRe!~~~~~♥

HaPpY bIrThDaY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ tO YoU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ tO YoU ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ DeAr IsAaC♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ HaPpY bIrThDaY ♥ ♥ ….. tO YoU… ♥ ♥ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪…~~~~~ aNd MaNy MoRe!~~~~~♥

…Whew…now that I am finally out of breath, I will say what a journey these last four years have been. I have followed you from the beginning, there are just too many special memories of you for me to pick just one. But, let’s see if I can. I love all the photos of you boys. I love when you sing Christmas Carols, but I think my favorite memories of you are at Halloween…the trips to the Pumpkin Patch!! I love to hear all about those special moments, and I love that you all aspire to be Fireman, Policeman, Builders, and I think Clark will be a comedian, and wonderful mighty warriors of God. I also love that you can sing a Johnny Cash tune…keep that up…you know girls like guys with a southern drawl and a nice voice *wink wink*. You are all so very special, and so very individual that I think you will all become exactly what you set your heart to becoming. Your Mommy and Daddy are AMAZING people.
    From our family in Arizona to your family…we wish you the happiest Birthday yet. Stay warm, stay well…and who knows maybe 20 years from now I can introduce my beautiful soon to be 4 year old Granddaughter to 4 of the cutest Johnny Cash singing boys out there.
    All my love♥

20. Allie
    February 3, 2011 at 7:52 pm #

Happy Birthday Boys! We’ll have to plan a playdate for you and Mackenzie sometime soon! Jim, Allie, Mackenzie and Aubrey

21. Ruth
    February 3, 2011 at 10:58 pm #

Happy 4th Birthday Henry, Brooks, Clark, and Isaac!!!!
    There are four of you; and in the book of Daniel in the Bible, there are four young men–Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego–who loved the Lord. Do you know stories about them? Do you love the Lord Jesus? The Lord Jesus loves you very, very, very, very much!!!!

I am from Danville, Illinois, and am a friend of Pam Zajicek. I started reading this blog before the four of you were born and am praying for you.

22. Miranda
    February 4, 2011 at 1:31 am #

Happy birthday boys!!

I first started reading the blog after someone i followed on twitter led me to your blog. What an incredible journey you’ve been on and it only gets better from here :)!

23. Susan Crenshaw
    February 4, 2011 at 6:57 am #

Happy Birthday week, Henry, Brooks, Clark and Isaac!
    I know you are so proud to be four, my favorite boy age! I love seeing you at College Park Church on Tuesdays when you come by. I hope you are having a fun week and love being four, all year long.
    God bless you and your sweet mom.
    Love, Mrs. Crenshaw

24. Debbie
    February 4, 2011 at 9:05 am #

I have followed your story from the beginning – I also have a set of mono twins, which is how I found your story on the MonoAmniotic Support Page. My girls will be 5 in May.

I wish your boys a very happy birthday!

25. Jen Welton
    February 4, 2011 at 8:47 pm #

Hi guys! Happy Birthday!!! I have son that was born on February 6th too!! He’ll be 11 on Sunday.

I just recently found your momma’s blog through that Blissdom conference and I think you all’s story is amazing and such a blessing on your mom and dad.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday and PARTY HARD!!!

26. Julie
    February 5, 2011 at 1:55 pm #

Happy belated birthday boys!
    I bet you can’t wait for your party!
    Have a great time and tell us what you got!

27. Adele
    February 5, 2011 at 8:30 pm #

Happy Birthday Henry, Brooks, Clark and Isaac!!

A friend I grew up with had triplet girls a couple of years ago and her blog led me to find a whole new M.o.M’s world. I love it – love seeing all the adventures and watch as you learn and grow while raising your sweet boys.

My favorite memory is the 5 Little Monkey’s halloween costumes from last year – I still tell people about that. Sheer Brilliance. :)

I hope everything goes well with the party plans!

28. Megan
    February 6, 2011 at 9:46 am #

I clicked on your site from another multiples site and just think your boys are so adorable and you have such a positive attitude while still being honest. My own son is a few months younger than your 4, so it’s fun to see what’s to come milestone wise.

29. KS Dallas
    February 7, 2011 at 10:07 am #

Happy (belated) birthday boys! It has been an amazing adventure watching you grow. You have become quite handsome little men. I can’t wait to continue watching your journey. All our love from Dallas…

Krista