Easy Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe

crock pot meatloaf

Did you know that you can make a mean meatloaf in the crock pot?  I had no idea, until @kallagreen gave me the idea over Twitter. She started throwing out ingredients and I started guessing amounts and throwing in a little of what I had on hand.  The top part was done perfectly (just the way I like it), and the flavor was scrumptious!  And it couldn’t have been easier!

Here’s the ingredients I put together for Crock Pot Meatloaf:

(I’m guessing you could tweak this with what you had on hand and it would still turn out great!)

• 2 Eggs Beaten
  • 3/4 c Milk
  • 3/4 c Uncooked Oats
  • 1 T Dehydrated Onions
  • 1/2 t Ground Sage
  • 1/2 c Cracker Crumbs
  • 1/3 c Salsa
  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 1/2 c Ketchup (topping)

Directions:

1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl until well mixed.

2. Form a loaf and place in a crock pot (you might try spraying it with cooking spray or using a crock pot liner).

3. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

4. Add ketchup on top for remaining 30 minutes.

5. Dinner is served!

What’s in YOUR meatloaf?

signature_thumb7

24 Responses to “Easy Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe”

1. Janet
    February 23, 2011 at 9:35 am #

Thanks for the idea! I’m always looking for something quick that I can pop in the crock pot before work.

• QuatroMama
      February 23, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

Quick and Easy – my favorite ingredients!

2. Lana
    February 23, 2011 at 10:49 am #

I’m throwing it together right now, or as soon as my package of hamburger thaws out! Thanks for the idea! Have any ideas for short ribs????? We have SEVERAL packages of them in the freezer, but I have yet to find a recipe for them that sounds good.

• QuatroMama
      February 23, 2011 at 12:51 pm #

I hope it turns out as good as ours, Lana! I’ll be keeping my eye out for a good short rib recipe – I think I have some to use up too!

3. Laurie
    February 23, 2011 at 11:27 am #

I would have never guessed it would work but what a nice idea when you aren’t home. We love lipton onion soup mix, cornbread stuffing, eggs, milk, a bit of worcestshire sauce, and then mix in and top it with some chili sauce. Yummmm.

• QuatroMama
      February 23, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

I was honestly a bit skeptical, but it turned out wonderful! Sounds like a yummy meatloaf concoction!

4. oh amanda
    February 23, 2011 at 11:35 am #

I always say I don’t like meatloaf and then I eat it and I *do* like it! Maybe I’ll try this one! Do you have Ted’s Montana Grill where you are? They have THE BEST meatloaf ever. And I think it’s bison. But SO GOOD.

• QuatroMama
      February 23, 2011 at 12:49 pm #

I have yet to try Ted’s Montana Grill or ordered meatloaf off a menu – but you’ve inspired me to try! Hope your sickies are better today.

5. Saidah@AProverbsWife.com
    February 23, 2011 at 11:41 am #

I’m going to try this just because my kids love meatloaf and I make it often in the oven. It would be great to use this recipe to teach them how to make from start to finish on their own.

• QuatroMama
      February 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm #

Great idea! It’s a staple in our house!

6. Cyndi Spivey
    February 23, 2011 at 12:30 pm #

Wow that looks delicious!! I’m definitely going to have to try that. I love using my crockpot!
    Blessings,

7. connie ashenfelter
    February 23, 2011 at 12:46 pm #

I have made a crock pot meatloaf before, but have never included sage..yummy.
    My normal recipe is little cheddar loaves, which had shredded cheddar cheese in it.
    ( obviously.:) You make them in single serving little loaves and my kids love them.:)

8. stacey McCastlain
    February 23, 2011 at 2:47 pm #

Sounds similar to the recipe I use except for the salsa. That sounds like a great idea. The only other difference is I put green olives in mine. Even people who claim to dislike olives love it in the meatloaf. Thanks for sharing.

9. Lana
    February 25, 2011 at 7:06 am #

Your meatloaf was WONDERFUL! I am going to try and blog about it for a friend’s Hunk of Meat Monday spot. It’s on Beyer Beware at http://beyerbeware.blogspot.com/search/label/hunk%20of%20meat%20Monday
    I will give you full credit and hopefully some traffic from the post! Come join us!

10. Laurie
    February 27, 2011 at 10:35 am #

My family also loves meatloaf made in muffin tins. It takes less time to cook, each one gets a little of the crunchy outside and they freeze and reheat really easily.

11. Lana
    February 28, 2011 at 8:36 pm #

Hi! I shared your recipe on my blog and at Beyer Beware. It’s had some good hits! I hope it directs some traffic your way! Thanks again for the great recipe!

12. Christie
    April 12, 2011 at 10:19 am #

Little late, but catching up on the blog.
    My favorite meatloaf recipe is by Kraft. It’s basically
    2 lb ground beef
    1 pack stove top (dry)
    1-2 eggs
    1 cup wet–ketchup, salsa, salad dressing (zesty italian is great!) I use this to get rid of the odds and ends in my fridge…I might use whatever chili sauce I have left in a bottle, and then enough ketchup to make 1 cup
    if wanted–1 cup veggies–I also use up fridge odds and ends…onion, celery, green pepper, mushroom, roasted red peppers, carrots…

Make into 2 loaves, or put in muffin cups or mini loaf pans for smaller portions. I freeze this unbaked, then just pull them out in the morning for dinner. Bake at 350 for 30-75 minutes (depending on the size–obviously a muffin takes less time than a 1 lb. loaf!!) I’m sure you could throw this is the crock pot, too.

• QuatroMama
      April 12, 2011 at 10:24 am #

GREAT suggestions, Christie! Can’t wait to try this recipe!

13. mamahall
    April 25, 2011 at 3:51 pm #

i love crockpot meatloaf! thanks for this *easy* recipe. the only crackers i had on hand were Goldfish – HA! secret ingredient {wink} i shared this recipe & your link on my blog today. thank you! http://mamahall.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-weeks-menu-breakfast-and-lunch.html

• QuatroMama
      April 27, 2011 at 12:10 pm #

Awesome idea! Hope it turns out tasty! =)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. meatloaf recipe crockpot - May 18, 2011

[…] Easy Crock Pot Meatloaf Recipe | 4tunate Feb 23, 2011 … i love crockpot meatloaf! thanks for this *easy* recipe. the only crackers i had on hand were … […]

2. meatloaf recipe crock pot - May 18, 2011

3. 17 More Ways to Use a Crock Pot - GOODEness Gracious - August 16, 2012

[…] of beef, loving this Easy Meatloaf idea and Salisbury Steak?!? Who […]

4. Crockpot Meatloaf- Quick and Easy - GOODEness Gracious - August 23, 2012

[…] Crock Pot post, I came across a fellow Hoosier’s recipe– Jen over at 4tunate. She made meatloaf in her slow cooker and it really got me thinking of how to convert one of my recipes to the crock […]