4 Years. 2 Weeks.

bedtime for preschoolers  tucking in the boys for bed

We’re two weeks into being FOUR already, and I’m already quite fond of it.

I love how their personalities are shining more than ever. They are confident (sometimes even cocky) little beings.

I love that they use little intelligent phrases like “Well, actually” and “I’m sure”.

I love that their sense of humors seem to grow more every day.  They’ve learned to pull our legs, tell funny stories, and be sarcastic.  It’s a “laughathon” around here… you never know what they are going to come up with next.

I love all the things they can do even better: kicking, catching a ball, gaining independence in daily activities, confidence, carrying on lengthy conversations, their incredible memories…  I see changes in them weekly.

I love that they are loving each other as brothers even more.  Today they sat and looked at a book all together for 20 minutes, just chatting away, flipping through pages together.  They make up games daily. The have huge imaginations and act out things together.  Having brothers has never been better!

I love that bedtime is getting a tad easier (at least for this week)!

I love thinking of all the fun adventures we have ahead of us this year.

I love living this miracle of FOUR every single day: FOUR healthy, growing, surviving, happy, FOUR year olds.

signature_thumb7

This blog post is linked at

Tidy Mom I'm Lovin It Fridays

13 Responses to “4 Years. 2 Weeks.”

1. Crystal
    February 18, 2011 at 10:18 am #

I totally know what you mean. It’s so much fun to watch your babies grow and become more independent! My 3-year-old loves to say, “Sure, that’s a good idea,” instead of “Yes.” It’s the cutest thing ever!

• QuatroMama
      February 18, 2011 at 12:41 pm #

Crystal – my boys say “I know a very good idea” when they want to do something and it CRACKS ME UP. Love this age! Enjoy!

2. Kelly
    February 18, 2011 at 10:45 am #

I love it. My two girls (almost 6 and 3) are outside swinging now and planning their weddings!!!!

• QuatroMama
      February 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm #

Planning weddings! It really did start that young, didn’t it?
      So sweet!

3. megryansmom
    February 18, 2011 at 1:02 pm #

We’re counting down our last 4 days of 4!

4. Kate
    February 18, 2011 at 1:25 pm #

OMG I LOVE those little boys!! They are all so wonderful. :)

5. Gen
    February 18, 2011 at 1:47 pm #

Such a CUTE post, Mur! I love hearing about those sweet BIG boys! Where does the time go!?! Enjoy those all those wonderful moments, age 4 is truly AMAZING!! Love to all of you. xoxo Gen

6. Kim
    February 18, 2011 at 2:41 pm #

What sweet pictures. I have to agree with you, 4 years old is a great age. :)

7. The Cottage Chick
    February 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm #

I love 4. I think it is magical. My twins are 4 and 1/2 right now, and it is golden! Precious pictures!

God Bless You
    Denise

8. Sue
    February 18, 2011 at 10:43 pm #

What a fun bundle of fun you have there, times four! :)

9. thefarmerfiles
    February 18, 2011 at 10:57 pm #

These FOUR blessings are FOR you! Couldn’t resist. 😉 Four is so different than three, and a healthy distance from two. It gets easier. 😉

February 21, 2011 at 9:58 pm #

I totally know what you mean! My 4 year old twins just amaze me some days with what they say and do….and probably even more amazing is their 2 your old lil brother who THINKS he’s 4 also…and seems so mature for a 2 year old. He does and says so much already that I don’t remember them doing at this age (I realized just now that he is the same age as they were when he was born…).

Isn’t it amazing?? what a ride….

11. Michelle @Gotchababy
    February 23, 2011 at 10:53 pm #

Oh I love it! You will love all that four has to offer — it’s like coming out of hostage negotiations and getting a seat by the pool. They will grow up so much this year, and it will happen right before your eyes. Enjoy, enjoy :)