Simply Homemade: Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes

3945058511_c6486af903 I made some simply delicious banana chocolate chip pancakes yesterday on a whim.  I was searching the freezer, fridge, and pantry for an easy meal for lunch, and came up empty handed, until my head said PANCAKES!  I whipped out my beloved and worn Betty Crocker’s Big Red Book*, and carefully tweeked a Banana-Pecan Pancake recipe into my own Banana Chocolate Chip Pancake creation.

I have no regrets. Zilch.

I doubled the recipe and froze the leftovers in freezer bags, so we’ll have another quick and easy breakfast/lunch on hand.

___________________________

Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes

2 large eggs

2 c all-purpose flour

2 c of buttermilk (I substituted with milk and vinegar

3 medium mashed bananas

1/4 c of granulated sugar

2 t baking powder

1/4 c vegetable oil

1 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

1 c chocolate chips

Beat eggs in medium bowl with hand mixer.  Beat in remaining ingredients, minus the chocolate chips until smooth.

Heat electric skillet to 375 degrees and lightly grease with butter or non-stick spray.

Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto the hot surfaces, cook until pancake is bubbling and dry around the edges.  Flip and cook until golden brown.

___________________________________

YUMMILICIOUS!

What kind of pancakes are you favorite to make/eat?

QuatroSignature

photo credit

*Links to Amazon.com affiliate

This post is linked to Diaper Diaries Things I Love Thursday, Southern Fairytale’s Mouthwatering Monday and Balancing Beauty and Bedlam’s Tasty Tuesday.

15 Responses to “Simply Homemade: Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes”

1. Kim
    August 11, 2010 at 11:42 pm #

Oh, that sounds delicious! I’m going to have to try that!

2. SavvyLittleWomen-Kate
    August 12, 2010 at 12:46 am #

Those look fantastic! My little ladies love pancakes :).

3. Betsy (Eco-novice)
    August 12, 2010 at 1:28 am #

I love whole wheat buttermilk blueberry pancakes (I use white whole wheat). That’s what I make most often. Also love whole wheat buttermilk pancakes (sans blueberries) with whipped cream and sliced strawberries. I am also a serious pancake lover, but we try to do mostly whole grain.

4. Betsy (Eco-novice)
    August 12, 2010 at 1:35 am #

Oh, my goodness, you have quadruplets. I know it’s a little late for this, but congratulations. 4 boys!

5. the Success Ladder
    August 12, 2010 at 3:31 am #

Great article, thanks for sharing this. I have subscribed to your RSS feed and am looking forward to reading more from you.
    Keep up the good work and don’t stop posting please.

6. Melissa
    August 12, 2010 at 6:55 am #

Yum. We’ve made banana chocolate chip pancakes, and they’re delicious!

I miss blueberry pancakes: I wasn’t able to buy blueberries when they were on sale (ONCE this summer), so I haven’t made them for a long time. Hmmm … I wonder if I could do anything with peaches.

7. Lauren Green
    August 12, 2010 at 8:40 am #

That’s awesome! I love improvising recipes. I also love a recipe that I already have all the ingredients for in my pantry or fridge. I bet the kids munched them all up!

8. Lacie
    August 12, 2010 at 8:59 am #

I have never in my whole life heard of doing that to substitute for buttermilk. Great idea….because who honestly keeps that stuff stocked in their fridge? I read your twitter status that you were making these and you inspired me to get baking. Here is what we had last night for dessert: http://www.lifedownourlane.com/2010/08/blueberry-buckle.html

9. Kendra aka The Meanest Momma
    August 12, 2010 at 11:43 am #

These sounds delish! I will have to give that recipe a try.

Tx!

August 12, 2010 at 2:04 pm #

We make Banana Pancakes almost every weekend (unless we don’t have any bananas…) and they are an absolute favorite! They taste just like banana bread! yum!! We’ve also made pumpkin pancakes and those are pretty yummy in the fall, too!

11. sioby
    August 12, 2010 at 2:39 pm #

YUM! I am craving pancakes now! Thanks for sharing your recipe, will have to give it a try. I remember the pumpkin pancakes recipe you posted (I think last year?) and they turned out delish!

12. oh amanda
    August 12, 2010 at 6:43 pm #

We eat pancakes like they are going out of style. Today we made banana-peanut-butter-pancake-muffins. I put a scoop of banana-pancake batter in a muffin tray, then a scoop of peanut butter then another scoop of pancake batter. YUMMO.

But throwing some chocolate chips in it? GENIUS.

a

13. Gramma Murray
    August 12, 2010 at 10:58 pm #

Grampa just recently discovered that he likes chocolate chip pancakes. If you want to always have buttermilk on hand, there is a powdered version that will keep a long time on the fridge shelf. You can find it in the baking aisle and I love the way it works in recipes. It’s Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend. I have used it for years. You never know when you will need some Buttermilk for a recipe.

14. brittany
    August 13, 2010 at 12:02 am #

I make blueberry pancakes sometimes. I love them. I put chocolate chips in pancakes for the kids sometimes. I think pumpkin would be yummy for fall.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Chocolate Chip Pancake - September 10, 2010

[…] Simply Homemade: Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Pancakes | 4tunate I made some simply delicious banana chocolate chip pancakes yesterday on a whim. I was searching the freezer, fridge, and pantry for an easy meal for lunch, and came up empty handed, until my head said PANCAKES! […]