Smoky Mountain Memories Part 3

Let’s wrap this thing up!

(If you missed Part 1 or Part 2 of our Smoky Mountain Memories, feel free to catch up!)

Our last day in the mountains was my personal favorite.

I mean what’s not to love about a first Trolley Ride?

smokies1

or enjoying a beautiful day in downtown Gatlinburg?

smokies3

or eating some famous pancakes at The Pancake Pantry?

smokies2

or enjoying these gorgeous mountain top views?

smokies5  smokie4 smokies6

smokies9 smokies10

or ending the day with a little swim in our log cabin’s hot tub?

smokies11

It was a beautiful end to a beautiful getaway…

smokies12

…with beautiful memories.

smokies13

Tom and Kathy (and Kristy and Ryan) – we’re so thankful for the opportunity to spend some time away with you.  You are in our thoughts and prayers daily!  We love you dearly!

And thanks for allowing me to share the sweet memories with all of you!

image

13 Responses to “Smoky Mountain Memories Part 3”

1. purejoy
    July 27, 2010 at 9:50 am #

DUDE!!!
    you were in my flipping BACKYARD!!!
    i live in knoxville. and my inlaws live in g-burg. and my FIL was the manager of the pancake pantry for 25 years!! and the owners and my inlaws are bffs!!
    i love the smokies. so glad you had a fun time in my back yard. and the mountains are awesome. your pictures rock. i would have loved to have seen you in person… i love me some pancakes! 🙂

• QuatroMama
      July 27, 2010 at 3:38 pm #

purejoy – NO WAY! How crazy is that? Wish we could have seen you! Tell your fam and friends that the ‘Cakes were TO DIE FOR! <3

2. Sioby
    July 27, 2010 at 12:03 pm #

Hello Jen =) love your pictures. Always!=) Anyway I wanted to let you know I thought I had an email from you but it was a junk email lol. But in the subject line it said from you and it was your email address. I just thought I’d let you know…have a great day, Jen!

• QuatroMama
      July 27, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

Sioby – Thanks, Sweetie and yes, my yahoo got hacked along with lots of other people. Grrrr. Thanks for letting me know.

3. Courtney
    July 27, 2010 at 12:19 pm #

Jen~
    Looks like you had a fun and relaxing trip with all your boys! I have been reading your blog for quite awhile, don’t have one of my own but love getting tips from all the wonderful moms out there, including you of course! Just wondering, and I’m sure you’ve answered this question before, but what do you use for your picture editing? I’m always curious what other busy moms use out there.

• QuatroMama
      July 27, 2010 at 3:40 pm #

Courtney – The goal is to take a good picture and not have to edit it! But I use both Picnik and Picassa for editing and for the watermark feature! Free is always good! =) Thanks for your sweet comment!

4. Stephanie
    July 27, 2010 at 12:32 pm #

Wow, those are some beautiful pictures!!
    Sounds like a prefect ittle vacation!!

July 27, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

What beautiful views of the mountains!! And a Pancake Pantry? YUM! I LOVE pancakes!! Glad you had such a wonderful trip and time to spend as family before your MIL’s tough journey ahead. Hope she is doing well.

• QuatroMama
      July 27, 2010 at 3:41 pm #

Barbara – Thanks so much, and she’s recovering well. Just waiting for some more test results and the treatment plan. Hugs to you and your fam!

6. Kori Gammon
    July 27, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

I LOVE the pic with Mommy, Daddy and boys on the bridge together.

• QuatroMama
      July 27, 2010 at 3:42 pm #

It’s one of my favs too, Kori. (Minus my sweaty head =) )

7. Lacey
    July 28, 2010 at 12:09 am #

I’m amazed at these new pictures! Looking at their faces, the boys have really become little boys and definitely not babies/toddlers anymore! It just struck me this time around how grown up they’re becoming! Great pics and it looks like you had an amazing trip!

8. Gail
    July 28, 2010 at 9:38 am #

Great pictures!! Looks like you all had perfect weather. The boys are getting so big…soon, they won’t be able to fit on your laps for family portraits! Enjoy these family times. Thank you for sharing. Praying for strength for your mil.