Yes, We Can! (Bob the Builder Said It First)

Mother’s of preschoolers, regardless of party affiliation, know that President Obama was borrowing his famous “Yes We Can” campaign line from Bob the Builder.

In which Bob asks,

Can We Fix It?

To which the machinery responds:

Yes, We Can!

We were inspired by Bob’s “Yes We Can’” spirit in our potty training endeavors.  And to celebrate our “Yes We Did!!!!!”, we went diaperless AND strollerless to The Children’s Museum to visit the Bob the Builder Exhibit.

Bob and his friends did not disappoint. We had a grand time and checked out most of the museum before heading home.

None-11 None-8 None-7None-9 None-10None-12

QuatroSignature

12 Responses to “Yes, We Can! (Bob the Builder Said It First)”

1. The Gypsy Mama
    May 17, 2010 at 9:31 am #

OH my word – that's like a boy's paradise and dream come true all rolled into one!! Where the heck is that museum?? My kids might pass out from the happy if we went there.

On a related note – we had a major potting training fail in church on Sunday. Yes, I said "in church." Oh the shame…..

2. Lorri
    May 17, 2010 at 9:48 am #

This looks like great fun! Is this in Indianapolis?

3. 1/2 dozen blessings
    May 17, 2010 at 10:09 am #

Oh My…This is AWESOME! We have always been HUGE Bob fans. Maya has loved Bob (not princesses, but Bob) since she was about a year old. We would have LOVED this. So fun…thanks for sharing. I'll have to show the big kids these pics. Kami

4. Stephanie
    May 17, 2010 at 10:49 am #

Diaperless..strollerless…AND you still managed to take pictures?!?!
    lol
    Awesome pics! Looks like they were in heaven!!

5. Suzy
    May 17, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

Strollerless!!!!! That's exciting. 🙂 I can't wait to do something like that with our Fab Four. 🙂

6. Julie
    May 17, 2010 at 2:05 pm #

So how do you handle the diaperless outings the first time? Do you line the car seats with plastic, bring 5 extra pair of pants for each and hope for the best?

7. Jackie
    May 17, 2010 at 2:42 pm #

I'm so excited that you wrote about this. I grew up going to the Children's Museum in Indy and am taking my son there for the first time at the end of the month. I can't wait!

8. Kara
    May 17, 2010 at 4:16 pm #

A strollerless event? Quite an accomplishment! But also very sad because it means they are growing up so fast

May 17, 2010 at 5:09 pm #

Congratulations! That sounds like tons of fun.

-holly

May 17, 2010 at 10:03 pm #

What a perfect exhibit/activity for 4 boys!! My son would love that, too!! Congrats on the big milestone – an outing without a stroller or diapers! wow! Did you ever imagine that day would come!?!? haha!

11. Lisa
    May 18, 2010 at 12:38 am #

hi! new here 🙂 but I love your blog and you have such cute boys!

12. teresa
    May 18, 2010 at 10:08 pm #

what a fun outing for your boys (mom & dad too). how exciting that it was without diapers and a stroller – quite the milestones!!