Fun For A Buck: Water Guns

Fun for a Buck

Welcome to another Fun for a Buck Post, where we share ideas on how to keep your family entertained without breaking the bank.  Frugal Fun For The Win!

I came across a 6 pack of water guns the other day for $5.99 (Less than $1 a piece), which I thought would provide perfect “Fun for a Buck” backyard play this summer.

Suddenly it’s turned from March to July weather in our neck of the woods – which means it’s the perfect weather to get WET! (Brad and I had quite the competition going on in the backyard. It’s all fun and games until somebody gets soaked!)

P1000453c  P1000457c P1000458c P1000454cP1000461c P1000451c

(No cameras were ruined in the making of this post. THANK GOODNESS!)

Need more Fun for a Buck ideas?  Give these a try:

Painter’s Tape Roadways

Painting With Water

Sidewalk Chalk

QuatroSignature

8 Responses to “Fun For A Buck: Water Guns”

1. alicia
    May 25, 2010 at 1:00 am #

Cheap thrills and entertainment for hours– gotta love it!!

May 25, 2010 at 10:40 am #

Wow, Isaac and Henry look so alike in the first picture!

3. Erin Steele (previously Domeyer)
    May 25, 2010 at 2:09 pm #

That is a great idea but in our house we have a no gun policy for the kiddos, even toy ones. A great alternative is a small $1 spray bottles for each of them. Many times they hold more water and are easy to fill and replace. It seems to work well in our house and at the swimming pool they come in handy when you need a quick spray to cool off…

May 25, 2010 at 4:24 pm #

How sturdy are the water guns? Sometimes the bargans just don't last.

5. Long Family Chronicles
    May 25, 2010 at 5:20 pm #

Jen, I used your "painting with water" idea and Sophia LOVED it so much!! It actually generated her first official temper-tantrum when I took her away from it when it was time for her afternoon nap!! Well-worth the buck considering it bought me about an hour of "quiet" play! Thanks! Keep 'em coming!

6. Erin
    May 26, 2010 at 2:37 pm #

Ok, I can't take credit for this one – my kids thought it up themselves, and I reluctantly let them, but it ended up being great outside fun for a few cents (if you're paying for city water)! Let them freeze their plastic toys in a cup or tub of water, then send them outside for it to melt! They did their legos and had a ton of fun 🙂
    Erin Powell

7. mom2one
    May 26, 2010 at 7:02 pm #

My son likes to play with silly string. Of course we only spray each other outside and I found some for a dollar at the dollar store.

8. Laney
    May 27, 2010 at 10:07 pm #

Fill a bucket with water and dish soap for fun with suds! They can wash outdoor toys, etc.