Disney Quest 2010: Big Thunder Mountain of Laundry

So what does the laundry pile look like upon return from Disney World with quadruplets after a snow storm delay?

Sort of like this…

DSC_5729C

Accept more impressive in real life.

6 loads folded

1 in the washer

1 in the dryer

3-4 waiting to be washed

If only I could have bottled up some Pixie Dust that would magically wash/dry/fold/put away these giant loads of laundry!

HOWEVER…it beats living out of a suitcase!

It’s soooo good to be home after our 2,000 mile road trip to Walt Disney World and back. There’s so much that I cannot wait to share with you, sweet blogging family!

HOWEVER, laundry is ready for another switcharoo!

If you don’t hear from me soon, come check the bottom of the pile, okay?

15 Responses to “Disney Quest 2010: Big Thunder Mountain of Laundry”

1. mpannek
    February 17, 2010 at 4:08 pm #

If you find that pixie dust, PLEASE save some for me! My laundry pile looks like that all the time, unfortunately! I don't have quad boys, but I do have triplet boys + 2 other boys. I keep hoping to find my magic wand. A girl can dream, right? Welcome home!!!

2. Christy
    February 17, 2010 at 4:20 pm #

OK, so it IS a mountain of laundry, but at least it's got a little Disney magic on it, right? 😉

There are certainly worse ways to generate that much laundry!

Christy

February 17, 2010 at 5:05 pm #

Welcome back! Sorry about all the laundry… but at least you also have a big pile of pictures and memories, right?

-Holly

4. AmazingGreis
    February 17, 2010 at 5:37 pm #

Wow, good luck with that. I have a load or 2 thatneeds doing, you know, in your "free" time!! 🙂 So glad y'all had a great time at Disney, can't wait to see the pictures and read the stories!!!

5. Maria@SavingQueen
    February 17, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

It was great meeting you at #DisneySMMoms. We just arrived home last night. Our clothes are still in our suitcases. I am about to tackle them now! Let me know if you come across that bottled Pixie Dust!

6. Stephanie
    February 17, 2010 at 5:50 pm #

So glad you are all home and safe!!
    The laundry doesnt look like much fun, but i sure cant wait to hear all about the fun you have had over the last week!!!
    XOXO!!

7. Hi! My name is Janet.
    February 17, 2010 at 6:05 pm #

no pixie dust necessary. "for every job that must be done there is an element of fun. you must find the fun, and snap! the job's a game!"

8. Kara
    February 17, 2010 at 6:07 pm #

As much as I love you guys, I am not jealous of doing/folding 12 loads of laundry

February 17, 2010 at 10:06 pm #

Happy to hear that you arrived home safely – welcome back! I am sure you have lots of stories to share…can't wait to see all your wonderful pictures.

Gail
    Annapolis, MD

10. Stacey Robinsmith
    February 17, 2010 at 11:58 pm #

Your blog is a reality check for us. We have 10 month old twin girls and thought NOBODY works as hard as we do. You give us inspiration to do more!! If you care to visit our girls' adventures you can at http://www.StaceyRobinsmith.com

11. Danielle
    February 18, 2010 at 1:47 am #

Reminds me of a friend's recent post… She just had a beautiful baby girl… Lily… who has down syndrome… Here's her end of her blogging post! (: She also has 10 kids… so that might account for part of her laundry! (:

"Well, precious Lily, I need to go attack the mountain of laundry that we have accumulated in less than 24 hours. I think Early Intervention needs to send a maid for the first three months instead of a therapist. HA! :)"

Can't imagine either of your guys' laundry load!! 3 girls under 3 keep me busy. No more!!! (:

12. Emily
    February 18, 2010 at 9:54 am #

Glad you got home safely! We were at Magic Kingdom last week and I thought of you. We were there with my twins toddlers and with their twin toddler cousins, and even though we had six adults to the four children, I STILL felt outnumbered – I don't know how you do it!

13. HoundDogMom
    February 18, 2010 at 12:37 pm #

Glad you made it to Disney and back safe and sound. If I lived closer I would come help with the laundry. I actually love to fold clothes, just don't like to put them away. 🙂 Sherri

14. Krystyn
    February 18, 2010 at 2:30 pm #

Is it bad that my laundry almost always looks like this…with only two kids. So, does that mean working is sort of like a trip to Disney? One can only wish!

15. Mama Llama
    February 18, 2010 at 9:51 pm #

welcome back… so glad you got to go on this trip! hope you make it to the other side of the mountain!