53 Years – Through It All

UPDATE: My dad had surgery last night to partially remove the kidney stone.  Unfortunately they were unable to blast/remove all of it and he will repeat the procedure next week.  He has been the BEST patient, and his outlook has been remarkable!  They are hopefully releasing him this afternoon. Thank you for your continued prayers and concern.  Your prayers have provided much peace and assurance for our family.  God is faithful!

—————————————-

parents Today my parents are celebrating their 53rd Anniversary in the romantic atmosphere of the hospital.  Nothing like an IV drip of pain meds to help you celebrate the love of your life, right?

Last night I got a call from my sister. “Jen,…”, she said. Instantly I knew that the words “hospital” and “ambulance” were about to come out of her mouth. My dad was experiencing severe pain and vomiting and they were on their way to the hospital.

Thank you to all of you who reached out through Twitter, Facebook, and texting last night as I asked for prayers.  I felt surrounded by your genuine concern and comforted by your prayers.

It was a huge relief to find out he is suffering with a kidney stone.  Although he’s in for a few very unpleasant days ahead, we are so incredibly grateful that it is not life-threatening.

My parents have been and continue to be a godly example in my life.  Their marriage and their lives are examples to many.  They demonstrate so many character qualities that I would love to possess more of, they are so supportive of one another and of others, and they are two of the most unselfish individuals you’ll ever meet!  They’ve been “Through It All” and are continuing to depend upon His Word.

“Through it all,
Through it all,
I’ve learned to trust in Jesus,
I’ve learned to trust in God.
Through it all,
Through it all,
I’ve learned to depend upon His Word.”

Thank you for continuing to pray for his recovery and strength.

Happy 53rd Anniversary, Mom and Dad!

15 Responses to “53 Years – Through It All”

1. Marianne
    February 23, 2010 at 12:01 pm #

53 Years?! How amazing!! At my young age and this point in my life, that's not something I can even phathom. What beautiful examples of all that a marriage should be for you and your siblings.

I'm still praying for a speedy recovery, but so happy (for lack of a better word) that it's "just" a kidney stone.

A very big congratulations to your parents, may they make to at least 75 years 😉

God bless to each of you!
    Marianne

2. Krystyn
    February 23, 2010 at 12:13 pm #

Happy anniversary to your wonderful parents.

I'm so sorry they are spending it in the hospital, but so relieved that it isn't anything more serious. I hope the pain meds work, though.

3. Karen
    February 23, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

I am sorry to read that they spent their anniversary in the hospital but I am so glad he will be ok.

4. Briana
    February 23, 2010 at 12:21 pm #

Congrats to your parents on 53 years! 🙂

Thinking of your family!

5. Lisa Kirchenbauer
    February 23, 2010 at 12:36 pm #

Glad that your dad is okay! Prayed for him last night and this morning. Tell him get well soon and wish both your dad and mom Happy Anniversary. They were great when I would be over at your house when Sandy and I were growing up. They are awesome examples of Christ's love!

6. AmazingGreis
    February 23, 2010 at 12:47 pm #

I was so glad to hear that your dad would be ok.

Happy Anniversary to your parents!!! 53 years is an amazing feat, way to go.

7. Heidi
    February 23, 2010 at 1:10 pm #

Happy 53rd Anniversary to your parents! So glad that they found the cause of your Dad's pain and praying that he will be feeling much better very quickly!

8. Stephanie
    February 23, 2010 at 3:09 pm #

Happy Anniversary to your beautiful parents!
    So sorry that they are spending it in the hospital. but so happy that it is nothing more serious!
    What a wonderful and inspiring couple!!!

9. Kara
    February 23, 2010 at 4:13 pm #

I'll be praying! Thank goodness for todays incredible technology and amazing doctors! Congrats on 53years!

10. Angie @ Just Like The Number
    February 23, 2010 at 10:08 pm #

I didn't realize your parents were of the same generation as mine – we just celebrated my parents' 50th anniversary last fall. I'm so glad to hear that it wasn't anything more serious for your dad, not that kidney stones are a barrel of monkeys. Hope they can celebrate in style as soon as your dad's feeling better.

February 23, 2010 at 10:12 pm #

I saw your tweets last night and today and I'm glad your Dad will be ok.

Happy Anniversary to your parents – its so awesome to hear of couples who have share such amazing relationships. My parents have been married 41 years and my grandparents would have been married 65 years the year my grandfather died. My husband and I plan to continue to trend! 🙂

12. Mommato2miracles
    February 24, 2010 at 12:12 pm #

Praying for your father, what an amazing testimony 53 years!!! Praying for a speedy recovery.
    PS what is this song that you posted?

13. designHER Momma
    February 24, 2010 at 2:37 pm #

ugh – thanks so much for the update. Glad everything looks like it going to ok. Oh, and your parents are so cute!

14. Kelly
    February 25, 2010 at 12:56 pm #

Happy 53rd!! That's amazing and sweet!

15. Christina
    February 25, 2010 at 6:43 pm #

Happy 53rd Anniversary to your parents! What an amazing example!

Sorry they had to spend it in the hospital. But glad that your Dad is doing well and it was not life threatening.