Full of Much, –Ful of Less

It has been a VERY full day.

Full of Play:

Dressing up like police officers, Bob the Builder, and firemen with our family friend CJ

Eating at Sonic for an afternoon treat

Visiting our local firehouse and having Mr. David the Fireman give us a tour of the trucks and gadgets

Full of Business:

Phone calls securing insurance for our family

Phone calls with possible job leads for Brad

Conversations about Future Prospects and Unknowns

Financial Discussions

Full of Questions, Full of Mystery, Full of Unaccomplished Plans, Full of Fun, Full of Confusion, Full of Celebration, Full of Sarcasm, Full of Unanswered Messages in my Inbox, Full of Thankfulness for Answered Prayers…

And I’m discovering that the MORE I think I’ve learned to trust God with my life, the MORE He is showing me that there’s so much MORE to trust Him with FULLY.

And He’s teaching me that I need to be more ThankFUL, FaithFUL, TrustFUL, and JoyFUL…

…and less FearFUL!

faith

Photo by doogiedom via Flickr

11 Responses to “Full of Much, –Ful of Less”

1. Ivy
    December 2, 2009 at 6:13 pm #

Enjoyed your post. It really is true that the more we trust the Lord, the more He does for us. I have been wanting to switch Dr's in my OB/GYN's group and they wouldn't let me so I was about to leave the practice all together (even though they are the best) and today they brought it up and suggested I switch to another Dr in the group and now it's a done deal! I wont have a consult till mid January but…I have a great feeling:)

2. Mountain Girl
    December 2, 2009 at 8:40 pm #

I hope some prospects come through for Brad jobwise, but how wonderful to have fun filled time with the boys and learning how to trust God.

3. Stacy
    December 2, 2009 at 9:34 pm #

Thanks for the post – I think I needed the reminder! Know that I am praying for you and your family and that Brad finds a job soon!

December 3, 2009 at 7:48 am #

Jen, I really needed to hear this message today – thank you. As always, your posts make me think, smile, cry, laugh out loud and be THANKFUL that I've worked w/you and known you! Have a blessed holiday!
    Christy Barga

December 3, 2009 at 2:56 pm #

Thanks for writing this. I needed the reminder, too. Hang in there through these tough times. I hope a job comes through for Brad soon!

-Holly

6. designHER Momma
    December 3, 2009 at 4:35 pm #

Sounds like you are in a good place. Praying for your family!

December 3, 2009 at 8:41 pm #

? for you did you get your boys the H1N1 shots?

8. KK @ Running Through Life
    December 4, 2009 at 4:18 pm #

Thanks for this post. I really needed the reminder. Hugs to you and your family!

9. Jocelyn
    December 4, 2009 at 4:35 pm #

I love reading your blog, and I really do hope/pray Brad finds a great job (with a great pay!) very soon!

We are about to have our first child (a baby boy), and I can't imagine how hard it would be if my husband was not employed. And yet you remain so positive, even with your four cute boys… which is why I know good news will surely come your way soon. Y'all are in my thoughts.

10. "The Queen of Free"
    December 10, 2009 at 8:47 am #

"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you, there is more of God and His rule." Matt. 7 The Message

prayers for you as you are filled.

11. teresa
    December 12, 2009 at 12:04 am #

what a beautiful post. such a good reminder of what we need to be -ful of. =)

praying with you,