Ain’t God Good

My pastor growing up used to sing a song that went like this…

aintgodgood

If you’d like to flashback to 1986 with some really bad hair, you can check out this YouTube video to hear it.  (Of course it’s Southern Gospel, when else is “Ain’t” musically acceptable?)

I’ve been singing it all night.

Not only does He bless us EVERY DAY with His mercy, grace, and love; Today was a day that can only be explained through His goodness and His provision.

If you don’t mind I’d love to share the story with you…

I’m sitting on the couch during nap time checking comments on the blog when the doorbell rings.  I jump up to answer it and there is a lady standing there with a card in her hand.  My first thoughts were,

“Are you one of my neighbors delivering us a Christmas card?”

“Do I know you?”

“Stink, I don’t have a Christmas card ready for you…whoever you are.”

Very quickly she handed me the card and said, “I have a delivery for you.” And just like that she was GONE.

Puzzled, I opened the card and out fell 4 one-hundred dollar bills.  Incredible!

Absolutely INCREDIBLE!

The card was addressed to Brad, Jen, Brooks, Clark, Henry, and Isaac and simply signed from “Our Family”

Minutes later Brad made a call to our mechanic to find out if our car was diagnosed yet.  A low fluid indicator light has been coming on, even after refilling it with anti-freeze.  Turns out the heater core is leaking coolant just behind the dashboard.  To fix it will cost around $450!

Minutes after that a guy called about an item that we listed on Craigslist a few weeks back to see if it was still available.  We had all but given up on selling it, since we hadn’t had any real interest or inquiries.  Lo and behold, he came by the house and it was sold.  The price that the item sold for should take care of taxes and leave a cushion for the repairs.

Isn’t that down right AMAZING?   We are shocked, overjoyed, relieved, and we’ve even laughed out loud over the preciseness of God’s timing and provision.

People have been generous to us in many ways, and we feel exceedingly blessed and amazed by God’s provision for our family during this season of unemployment through the holidays. We are truly 4tunate!

Ain’t God Good?

26 Responses to “Ain’t God Good”

1. AmazingGreis
    December 24, 2009 at 12:08 am #

That is absolutely amazing!!! Merry Christmas Murray Family. XOXO

2. Cheryl Lage
    December 24, 2009 at 12:20 am #

Beautiful! I LOVE how Christ continues to come to us—particularly at this time of year.

Blessings to you and your beautiful crew. 🙂

3. Lorri
    December 24, 2009 at 12:25 am #

Thank you so much for sharing! I love hearing those stories of His provision. Merry Christmas to your family!

4. Following HIM
    December 24, 2009 at 12:28 am #

HE is amazing and HIS spirit of good will shines through! Merry Christmas Brad, Jen, Issac, Clark, Brooks, and Henry! May your Christmas be merry and you all stay warm 🙂
    ~Elyse

5. Kristin
    December 24, 2009 at 6:39 am #

God is so good! It is always so neat to see how he works different situations out!

Merry Christmas!

6. Juliana E.
    December 24, 2009 at 7:40 am #

Yea! God is so good! He gives us what we need at the perfect time! May God continue to bless you family!
    Merry Christmas!

7. KirkKrew
    December 24, 2009 at 8:36 am #

I love to hear stories like this! God is SO good and is ALIVE and working miracles today!!! Merry Christmas to your sweet family!

8. Krystyn
    December 24, 2009 at 8:44 am #

How amazingly awesome! God is so good!

9. Julie
    December 24, 2009 at 8:47 am #

Wow – that gave me goose bumps! Absolutely amazing!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

10. ASHENFELTERS
    December 24, 2009 at 9:42 am #

GOD IS SO GOOD!!!!
    I have many stories in my life that sound just like yours….God is good, all the time. Merry CHRISTmas Murrays!:)

11. Jenn Brothers-Haler
    December 24, 2009 at 9:55 am #

Amazing Jen! Brings tears to my eyes! Hope you have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR! Hugs to your fam!

12. Shannon
    December 24, 2009 at 2:15 pm #

That's awesome! thanks for sharing

13. Queen of pink in a house of blue
    December 24, 2009 at 4:34 pm #

GOD IS Amazing!!
    what a wonderful thing to happen to your family!!

Baby Alayna went home today too!!! GOD is GREAT!! She wasn't suppose to go home until January!!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

14. ASHENFELTERS
    December 24, 2009 at 4:40 pm #

speaking of stories in my life..I went to go to the store today to pick up a small amount of groceries to hold us over til next paycheck..and there in our mailbox was a 100$ gift card for a grocery store!!!! God knows what we need, when we need it!!!:) Made me smile when I thought about how He has provided for your family!
    He is Good, ALL the time!

15. Mountain Girl
    December 24, 2009 at 6:00 pm #

WOW! That is really a special story! God bless ya'll!

December 24, 2009 at 7:14 pm #

God is good. That is amazing.

17. Kate
    December 24, 2009 at 9:50 pm #

Thanks for sharing that WONDERFUL testimony of God's faithfulness! He gives us EXACTLY what we need, exactly WHEN we need it. He is GOOD indeed!!!

Merry Christmas sweet friend!

18. Sarah
    December 24, 2009 at 9:55 pm #

goosebumps……

What an amazing God we serve…

19. Mama Llama
    December 24, 2009 at 10:24 pm #

God always provides! So encouraged and excited for your family. Living fully in faith! Merry christmas to you and your 4 little ones!

20. Long Family Chronicles
    December 25, 2009 at 11:26 am #

Wow, what an amazing story Jen! Thanks for sharing!! God has big plans for your family!!

21. Melissa
    December 25, 2009 at 11:41 am #

Brings tears to my eyes because a similar thing happened to us on Wednesday. God is so good. We used to sing that song in college. I had forgotten it until a few days ago a friend of mine posted it on FB and I had been singing it over and over to my girls. Then a few days later He showed us again how good He is!

22. Stacey
    December 26, 2009 at 3:11 pm #

A similar story for us to Jen. I had car trouble going to work at 430am on Fri two weeks ago and after the weekend we got it towed to the shop and a day later the mecanic said "girl you had someone riding with you because what was wrong with the van when the piece fell into the engine it did not damage not one thing when it fell through the engine." I told him "I know just who that is because he is with me in that car everytime I get in it." On the following Sat I got a Christmas card with 5 $100 dollar bills which covered half of the repair cost that also included my heater being fixed. We have our van back because he said he knew how hard it was for us with the trio and we could make payments on the rest. God is good and I don't know where I would be with out him in my life…Merry Christmas Murray's

December 26, 2009 at 11:24 pm #

YES, He sure is. I have so many similar stories of how He takes care of our family, too! Thanks for the story; love it!
    -Becca

24. Jamie
    December 27, 2009 at 4:26 pm #

That is a Christmas Miracle. And, I know that song too. We grew up with the Lester Family coming to our small Church all the time singing "Ain't God Good". We even had a young adult/teen choir named the ain't God good singers. Small world. Merry Christmas. Jamie

25. KK @ Running Through Life
    December 28, 2009 at 1:40 pm #

What an amazing story! Good is GREAT!!! Many blessings to you and your family!

26. teresa
    January 6, 2010 at 10:48 pm #

Praising God for His faithfulness & provision in your lives. Thanks so much for sharing and lifting up His name.

((((hugs))))