To Infinity And Beyond!

woddyandbuzz Thanks to free kids movie rentals at Family Video and a couple of pairs of hand-me-down PJs, our boys have been introduced to the wonderful world of Disney PixarToy Story is my favorite Pixar film, so it’s fun to share a common love with my boys. (Helicopters, fire engines, Bob the Builder, and dinosaurs just don’t seem to do it for me personally.)

It didn’t take them long before they caught on to the main catchphrase of the movie, “To Infinity and Beyond”.  One night the little orange PJs inspired them to run laps shouting this line for over 20 minutes!

Don’t worry, I clipped it down to a less than 2 minute clip.  However, if you experience motion sickness on carnival rides, I would recommend at least one dose of Dramamine before viewing.

Toy Story 3 will hit the theatres in June 2010, perhaps that will be the boys’ first movie to watch at the theatre?

My first trip to the movies was to see Bambi.  I went as a tag-along with my brother who was in high school and his date.  What was yours?

29 Responses to “To Infinity And Beyond!”

1. Amanda
    November 20, 2009 at 7:05 am #

love it! elizabeth has recently become obsessed with woody and buzz…she calls buzz, boz lightyour. love their energy and zest! :)

2. Hilary
    November 20, 2009 at 7:28 am #

MY 1st movie was ET I loved it!!!:)

3. Juliana E.
    November 20, 2009 at 8:49 am #

Too cute! I don't remember my first trip to the movies, but my oldest child's first movie was Toy Story 2 and the triplets was Finding Nemo. Love the PJ's – gotta love hand-me-downs!

4. Meg
    November 20, 2009 at 9:08 am #

So very, very cute!!! I love Toy Story and had NO idea Part 3 was coming out next year! I remember my son's obsession with Buzz about 9 years ago. He dressed up like him for Halloween one year! Thanks for starting my morning off with a smile!

5. Manda
    November 20, 2009 at 9:38 am #

Oh my goodness, they are so ADORABLE!!!

6. Stacia
    November 20, 2009 at 10:28 am #

Don't remember my 1st theater movie, but my first 'date movie' when I was 14 was the original Toy Story!!! Of course my parents were there with us, but it was still my first 'date' :)

7. Lani
    November 20, 2009 at 11:32 am #

They are such cuties, so happy:)
    My first movie experience was E.T.!

8. BreezieGirl
    November 20, 2009 at 11:38 am #

My first movie in theatre's was The Little Mermaid.

November 20, 2009 at 12:16 pm #

So funny!

-Holly

10. Mr. and Mrs. B
    November 20, 2009 at 12:31 pm #

Absolutely precious!!! I've been reading your blog for probably close to a year now and it's been so fun to watch you little guys grow up. They are growing into such little men. What a blessing they are I am sure.

11. Suzanne
    November 20, 2009 at 1:43 pm #

Your boys (all 5 of them) are precious! And you, Sweet Jen, are an inspiration to women everywhere! Keep the faith – He loves you abundantly.

12. Mamma Sol
    November 20, 2009 at 3:08 pm #

How super cute! My first film was Norwegian 😉 But my first American film experience was Ghostbusters 2! Subtitled, of course.

Well, I can honestly say that I am impressed that you have managed to get this far without introducing Disney Pixar! We have recently had a 3-week-bout of various viruses keeping the twins indoors, and I have given in to Pixar already, at 19 months!

So, respect to you, Jen, and love to your boys – to infinity and beyond!

November 20, 2009 at 3:29 pm #

Wow, I'm impressed you remember your first movie theater experience! I don't remember my first, but I remember inviting some friends to see Free Willy for one of my birthdays (tenth, I think). Usually our parties were stay-at-home little shindigs, so it was huge to get to go see a movie! I have always loved Free Willy since. As an adult it sure looks fakier than it did then!
    -Rebecca Wilson

14. Jenn Brothers-Haler
    November 20, 2009 at 4:21 pm #

My first movie that I remember was Bambi! My mom sat and cried like a baby during it.

15. Kelly
    November 20, 2009 at 5:32 pm #

I am not sure. I think probably a Disney movie….Maybe even "Bambi" but the first one I remember is "E.T."

November 20, 2009 at 6:53 pm #

My first movie was "Other Side of the Mountain" I cried so hard I think I embarassed my friends!

17. Audrey
    November 20, 2009 at 9:41 pm #

Very cute! My first one was probably ET.

Don't forget your local library has all of those Disney movies! They are a great resource!

18. Jessica
    November 21, 2009 at 9:42 am #

Sooo cute – LOVE the video..

Also, hope you don't mind me telling you, but … I wanted to mention that Issac barely shows on the header. I can just see the tiniest part of the back of his shirt. (I think Issac – red shirt)… If I scroll – move the bar on bottom of my computer screen – over, then I see him, but otherwise the little guy is hidden.

19. Lacey
    November 21, 2009 at 11:39 am #

That video totally makes my day! Especially since I spent last night "running laps" with the twin girls (almost exactly the same age) that I babysit. Except for instead of "To infinity and beyond," their phrases of choice were peek-a-boo, boo, twinkle twinkle little star, and ABC. Gotta love it!

20. Amy Rainey
    November 21, 2009 at 2:47 pm #

101 Dalmations was my first flick

November 22, 2009 at 10:46 am #

They are so cute! Thanks for sharing Jen/Brad. To infinity and beyond! ~Darlene

22. Kara
    November 22, 2009 at 1:21 pm #

So cute! I can't believe you went as a tagalong on your brothers date!! Does this scream a brady bunch episode or what (Bobby goes with Greg on a date)! Hope you didn't bring an umbrella!:)

23. Leah
    November 22, 2009 at 4:27 pm #

My first movie in the theater was a Christmas movie, Prancer.

24. Leah
    November 22, 2009 at 4:28 pm #

And, Gavin (my 2 year old) will most likely see Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel this December (or January) and I'm pretty excited for him!

25. Elizabeth
    November 22, 2009 at 9:49 pm #

So funny!

26. AmazingGreis
    November 23, 2009 at 9:37 am #

The first movie that I remember seeing at a theater was Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I was probably 5ish and was with my Daddy at our local $1 theater. Fun times!

27. Mom Taxi Julie
    November 23, 2009 at 4:00 pm #

So cute! I love the Disney Pj's I got my son a ton of them one year when they were on clearance and he wears them year round.

I think the first movie I remember seeing was Song of the South but I could be wrong.

28. Nikki
    November 24, 2009 at 1:04 pm #

Aw! That's so cute!! Toy Story was actually my first movie (I'm 14 – not a parent, obviously, but I am an aunt of 4). They're so adorable! It definitely brightened my day!

29. Deanna
    November 27, 2009 at 4:29 pm #

Adorable! My boys are crazy about Toy Story, too (and yes, it's my personal favorite!)