Festive Fall Snack Mix Recipe

This recipe originated from one of the ladies from my church growing up, Becky.  She helped throw a “Cooking Show Themed” wedding shower for me way back when…This recipe has become a fall tradition ever since.  Only now I DOUBLE the recipe for our “crowd”.

If you are a fan of the sweet and salty combination, then this will become an instant winner!

DSC_4248c

Festive Fall Snack Mix

Ingredients:

~ 1 Box of Ritz Mini Peanut Butter Sandwich Crackers

~ 1 Small Box of Sunmaid Raisins

~ 1 Bag of Candy Corn

~ 1 Bag of Plain M&M;’s

~ 1 Jar of Lightly Salted Dry Roasted Peanuts

Mix together in a large bowl.  (The small ingredients tend to sink to the bottom, so give them a little boost to the top.) CHOW DOWN!  Nom! Nom! Nom!

DSC_4244c

I like it because it’s not a complete sugar-loaded-wasted-calorie-snack.  You get a little sweet, but some protein and fiber while you’re at it!

It looks even more festive if you have a fall container like this apple one to keep it fresh in:

DSC_4251c

Speaking of a TREAT….Congratulations to Emily, She’s the winner of the Faith Baby Onesie or Tee of Her Choice.  Emily has a little “pumpkin” in the oven, so what a perfect prize!

Your Turn to Share: What’s Your Favorite Fall Time Snack?

7 Responses to “Festive Fall Snack Mix Recipe”

1. Michelle Z
    October 26, 2009 at 5:38 pm #

Yum! I'm always reminded of caramel dipped apples in the fall. My mom used to make them every year.

2. King Quads
    October 26, 2009 at 7:28 pm #

We are loving us some Pumpkin Bread in the King home this fall! The babies could eat a whole loaf if I let them!

I will have to try your "mix".

3. Tiffany
    October 26, 2009 at 8:05 pm #

Oh, what a great and different snack mix! Thanks for sharing it!
    I LOVE anything with pumpkin in it for the fall, and my dad's homemade fudge, and right now I am looking forward to carving jack o' laterns tomorrow and roasting pumpking seeds – yummmm!

4. Myra @ My Blessed Life
    October 26, 2009 at 11:55 pm #

Oh my word! This looks AMAZING and so easy! I'm so glad that I found your blog. I think I first saw you on the twitter #blissdom stream, your avatar caught my eye and then…mommy to quads! I'm amazed!

Love your blog! And hope to see you at Blissdom!

5. amanda jaaaaane
    October 27, 2009 at 9:04 am #

Nom, nom, nom is mogu, mogu, mogu in Japanese. In case you ever wondered…

6. charleston personal trainer
    October 27, 2009 at 10:12 am #

This looks delicious! I am going to make it to give to the kids I teach! How cute.

7. Jennifer (Savor)