Summer Quadyssey: Indiana State Fair

Quadyssey_logo

Our Summer Quadyssey to the Indiana State Fair was accompanied by absolutely gorgeous weather. I don’t think I even broke a sweat. An August seventy degree day in Indiana is the equivalent of no snow at the North Pole on Christmas. The hours went by quickly and there was so much to take in!  I had NO IDEA how many hands-on activities the State Fair provides for toddlers/preschoolers; From baby animals, to farm vehicles to climb on, and even a fishing pond!  I really wanted to see the boys go on a pony ride, but I couldn’t justify $20 ($5 per kid) for a ride the length of our backyard and back. The highlight of our visit was the “Little Hands on the Farm”, where the boys became Farmers for the Day; Complete with buckets, collecting eggs, digging up vegetables, riding a tractor, and earning play money for their hard “labor”, for which they cashed in for a cereal bar.

I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking….or most of the talking.

DSC_3143c

Where’s my ice tea and newspaper?  (Left to Right: Clark, Henry, Isaac, Brooks)

DSC_3107c

Clark “Framed”

DSC_3109bw

Two Twinkies Talkin’ in a Tractor

DSC_3122c

Hello, Mr. Cow.  You are quite popular at our house.

DSC_3151c

Well, we are in LUCK!

DSC_3152c

Soybeans or Corn?  That’s the dilemma.

DSC_3125c

Goats get a bad rap, but I happen to like you little Billy.

DSC_3163c

Those strollers back there got nothin’ on our quad stroller BEAST!

DSC_3178c

What does “ignition” mean, Daddy?

DSC_3181c

Future Quadmobile???

DSC_3150bw

Herding the Cattle Farmers

DSC_3194c

So THAT’S where our sippy cup liquid goodness comes from!

DSC_3195c

Elephant Ear…Sounds Gross, but Tastes Like SUGAR!

faircollage

I attempted several video clips, but kept being interrupted by curious fair goers.  Really nice fair goers, I might add.  Nevertheless, I didn’t get too much footage, but I hope you enjoy the short collection from our day at the fair!

Only 350 short days until next year’s Indiana State Fair!

10 Responses to “Summer Quadyssey: Indiana State Fair”

1. AmazingGreis
    August 27, 2009 at 11:24 pm #

Looks like ya'll had so much fun! Love the pictures.

2. Martha Klopp
    August 28, 2009 at 10:59 am #

cute video! I'm curious, does it get annoying when people say you've got your hands full? Or when that couple started asking if they were at the terrible twos?
    Anyways I loved the video- they are so happy!

3. QuatroMama
    August 28, 2009 at 11:05 am #

Martha, Most of the time we take in in stride. I'm sure I would say some of the same "catch phrases" that we get on a daily basis. We have to remember that it's not everyday that people see quadruplets, and enjoy the moment of sharing our family with them!

4. Carol
    August 28, 2009 at 12:17 pm #

The boys are so cute and the pictures are great.

August 28, 2009 at 3:42 pm #

What a great day! Your fair looks nice – we went to ours last weekend too but it wasn't quite as great as IN's looks! Although our kids still had a blast seeing all the animals, tractors and getting to ride a few rides!

6. Kara
    August 28, 2009 at 5:46 pm #

I love how in the first picture henry's expression is "What the heck is this bucket doing on my lap!" Awesome pictures.

7. Stephanie
    August 29, 2009 at 12:34 am #

Love the video..love the pics..love the outfits…heck, I love it all! They look like they had so much fun!! Only 350 more days! lol

8. Suzanne
    August 29, 2009 at 9:09 am #

"you've got your hands full"…oh, God love 'em. if i could have a penny everytime…

LOVED the pics of the little men at the fair! can't wait to take the steecies to their first state fair this fall.

love you and hope you have an incredible weekend!
    kees, kees
    suz

9. michele
    August 29, 2009 at 4:36 pm #

Your boys are SO cute!! And your photography is awesome. I am so glad I happened upon your blog!

10. Cara
    September 18, 2009 at 12:49 pm #

Isn't Little Hands on the Farm SO COOL?!! One of my favorite things when I worked there…love looking at the pics…and your stroller! awesome!