Fair Warning!

DSC_2750

No, this is not my best impersonation of The Pioneer WomanNot even close

Rather, I wanted to give you “fair warning” that The Crew will be heading to the Indiana State Fair this weekend.  The weather is supposed to be lovely, so we’re planning on taking it all in: the sites, the sounds, the smells, and the tastes!  Perhaps it will be Quadyssey material…

So what do you suggest?  If you’re a fellow Hoosier, what are the “must sees” of the fair this year?  If you live outside the “Crossroads of America”, what are your favorite attractions/foods/events at your fair?

22 Responses to “Fair Warning!”

August 20, 2009 at 8:25 pm #

first thing nick would tell brad, is that is the wrong color of tractor!!!!!! have fun

2. Aimee
    August 20, 2009 at 8:36 pm #

We are heading out early Sunday to see the pig race! I'm not fair material either, but I'm sure my twins will LOVE it!

3. Momma Such
    August 20, 2009 at 8:44 pm #

Have fun and take lots of pics!!! :)

4. Jenny B
    August 20, 2009 at 9:09 pm #

mmm…pork tenderloin sandwich:) yum:) hope you guys have a blast!!!:)
    can't wait to see some pictures

jenny b

5. Melissa
    August 20, 2009 at 9:11 pm #

My family loves having the pulled pork sandwiches for lunch. We always love the animal barns too. Have fun!

6. Jen
    August 20, 2009 at 9:20 pm #

We are going on Saturday, maybe we will see you there! :):):):)

August 20, 2009 at 9:20 pm #

I haven't been to the fair in years, but we plan to take the kids to our small county fair on Sunday with some friends!

Have fun!

8. Stephanie
    August 20, 2009 at 9:43 pm #

Pork tent. Dairy Bar. YUM! (Stay away from the chocolate covered bacon.) Check out the big creepy cheese sculpture!

The boys will love Little Hands on the Farm.

9. AmazingGreis
    August 21, 2009 at 12:15 am #

Love the picture.

My favorite Fair foods: sausage on a stick and funnel cakes!!!

10. Mrs. Wilson
    August 21, 2009 at 2:40 am #

I've heard from Casey (mooshinindy) about deep fried EVERYTHING. I think that would be my favorite part.

I hope you six have a great time!

11. The Nolte Family
    August 21, 2009 at 7:46 am #

the boys will love the Little Hands on the Farm exhibit. Have fun.

12. Katie Madsen
    August 21, 2009 at 7:51 am #

Little Hands on the Farm is great. They get to collect items in a basket then they turn them in and get to buy a snack with the “money” they made on the farm. They even have petal tractors on the farm. Take some quarters to buy goat food so they can feed the goats (that is over by the DNR building). In the FFA building you can play putt putt for free!

13. Mom 4 Kids
    August 21, 2009 at 8:02 am #

That is an awesome photo! Keeper!

14. Jessica
    August 21, 2009 at 8:31 am #

Hey Jen,

We're going Sunday afternoon. My boys LOVED the little chicks at the county fair. You also can't forget a funnel cake and chocolate covered bacon, lol!

Jess

August 21, 2009 at 8:49 am #

You could always Detour down here to Louisville for the Kentucky state fair :-) Ours just started August 20th and goes through August 30th The boys would love to see the diving dogs show or the kids biz section inside.

16. HoundDogMom
    August 21, 2009 at 8:56 am #

Some of my favorites are Cotton Candy and Lemon shakeups. Not necessary to items that are good together though. :) I think the boys would love to experience Cotton Candy. Enjoy the fair and I wish it was next week instead. I head to Brownsburg, IN on 8-30 for the U.S. National Drag Races. We love Indiana. Sherri

17. King Quads
    August 21, 2009 at 9:28 am #

How fun Quatro Crew! I can't wait to see all of the pictures…I know they will be amazing!

18. Fran R.
    August 21, 2009 at 2:12 pm #

I love the photos of the boys. Growing up more handsome every day. Jamie and I tried to watch you on tv, but her dish and my cable didn't broadcast that channel. Your blog is such an excellent way of chronicalizing the boys and their growth and progress. Love and prayers. Fran

19. Moni Graf
    August 21, 2009 at 4:04 pm #

Look at you in your cute lil John Deere green shirt, Jen! Strike a pose!

Have a blast at the fair…maybe we'll be adventurous enough to try the KS State Fair this year. No promises, though.

Love ya,
    Moni

20. Christy AKA Trippin' Mama
    August 21, 2009 at 4:49 pm #

Check out Riley Fun Park. Pony rides for the boys. And Little Hands on the Farm is a sure winner, too.

Gotta have corn on the cob from the Lions/Kiwanis Club and the pulled pork sandwich from the pork producers tent. YUM! And, of course, my personal fave for dessert is always the funnel cake. Those boys will be COATED in powdered sugar.

Have fun,

Christy

21. Rachel
    August 22, 2009 at 4:23 pm #

Did y'all have fun? That's a DARLING picture!!!!!!!

22. Chelsa
    August 24, 2009 at 8:23 am #

i'm from a tiny town in southern indiana, but our "miss pike county" got 1st runner up at miss indiana :)