Costco or Bust

DSC_3198c

Can you find 4 boys amidst  the mass of groceries? Needless to say, we have to unload the groceries before we unload the little dudes.

This is what our van looks like after a Costco Run.  It’s likely that we pay their electric bill with our monthly “donation”.

I love Costco’s selection of healthy snacks for the boys.  Some of our favorites are Veggie Straws, Pirate’s Booty, and Dried Cherries.

What’s your favorite Costco/Sam’s/local grocery find?

28 Responses to “Costco or Bust”

August 31, 2009 at 10:31 pm #

Favorite Sam's find would have to be contact lenses and Starbuck's whole bean coffee.

Gail
    Annapolis, MD

August 31, 2009 at 10:34 pm #

Love those monster boxes of cereal.

3. moosh in indy.
    August 31, 2009 at 11:09 pm #

IZZE fizzy juice.
    Nom nom.

August 31, 2009 at 11:51 pm #

is that a bulk box of tampax pearls in that picture LOL

5. Lauren
    August 31, 2009 at 11:56 pm #

My husband and I have been thinking about trying Costco. Is it worth the membership fee? What are prices like?

6. The Murray Crew
    September 1, 2009 at 12:09 am #

@Anon – perhaps…LOL
    @Lauren Costco offers a money back guarantee up to 364 days after you buy membership, so there's literally no risk in trying. We save most of our money by using their coupons w/ the bulk discount.

7. Leah
    September 1, 2009 at 12:40 am #

The giant box of oatmeal! Yes, my kids love them some oatmeal, and instant oatmeal is soo easy!

8. Stacey
    September 1, 2009 at 1:49 am #

I love Veggie Straws. I am on detox right now, though. When I discovered them, I went through 4 bags in 2 months!! All by myself! LOL.

I also love their Pugliese loaves in the bakery. It's excellent bread to add with dinner.

9. Mama Llama
    September 1, 2009 at 7:02 am #

get you some groceries girl!

on a side note, what careseats do you have 3 in a row in the back there? it is hard to find a carseat that fits 3 in a row…

How much do the boys weigh? will you be able to keep them in those seats much longer?

10. Long Family Chronicles
    September 1, 2009 at 7:46 am #

Veggie Straws from Costco Rock my world!!! So healthy, so good!!

11. Missy...
    September 1, 2009 at 7:55 am #

I, too, want to know how in the world you get three carseats across in the back row!

September 1, 2009 at 8:02 am #

The Bare Naked Granola at Costco!

We also always bring home a fully cooked chicken! Only 5 dollars and well worth it

13. Fulton Quads
    September 1, 2009 at 8:17 am #

We too LOVE Costco! We usually have lunch there after our afternoon of shopping! The tribe LOVES the veggie straws too! Heck my entire clan likes them so much that I have to hide them so they don't eat them all! BTW, Love the pic of them in the van. What kind of car seats do you have that fit three across?
    Love, Cathy & her quads

14. Amanda
    September 1, 2009 at 8:38 am #

definitely LOVE the veggie straws…and we totally stocked up with that coupon this month! we also love their price on cheesesticks…and hebrew national hotdogs…and and and…i could go on and on! 🙂

15. CanCan (Mom Most Traveled)
    September 1, 2009 at 9:19 am #

Wow! I see lots of companies you guys "sponsor", like the juice consumption!
    What are the huge yellow bags, dog food?

16. The Murray Crew
    September 1, 2009 at 9:44 am #

CanCan – Softener Salt! Yeah wish they'd sponser us, instead of us sponsoring them! =)

Many of You – They are Evenflo carseats, but it's really probably because of the Odyssey that we can fit 3 across the back. It's one of the only minivans with that extra back bench seat width.

17. Andrea
    September 1, 2009 at 10:27 am #

My favorite for me and the kids are the 100% fruit juice chews (little nugget like things in a bag… not individually packaged) that they have at Costco… although I don't really concider them "healthy" since they are loaded with natural sugar – "healthier" by far!!!

18. Candace
    September 1, 2009 at 1:49 pm #

I love how Kroger has a organic section so it is easy and quick to find most of my food!

19. THE LYONS FAMILY!
    September 1, 2009 at 6:20 pm #

For us it's the organic pita chips and the spinach dip from the deli. Yum!

20. Jessie's Girls
    September 1, 2009 at 9:19 pm #

As a former Costco employee, I have to say I hope you're an executive member! 😉

21. Midwest Mommy
    September 1, 2009 at 10:57 pm #

Oh my word! I have to ask…how long does all this food last with 4 growing boys?

22. Catherine
    September 2, 2009 at 1:40 am #

I love love LOVE Costco. The veggie straws are a huge hit in our house. But the churro's and the hot dogs on the way out are my childrens absolute favorite

23. amanda jaaaaane
    September 2, 2009 at 8:19 am #

We have Costco in Japan. The best things for me are giant jars of peanut butter and maple syrup and the huge box of Quaker oats, all of which are prohibitively expensive at the regular grocery stores. I also buy Nutella every time my friend graciously takes me as her guest (I would become a member but I don't have a car and ain't no way I'm lugging those giant packages home by train!). And Eihime loves the "Costco stickers (her name for it)" Bible story book that we do together during the sermon every Sunday.

24. Kalle
    September 3, 2009 at 5:31 pm #

What a great shot. I love Costco, especially the samples.

25. JEN
    September 3, 2009 at 9:19 pm #

Costco is fun although farther away than Sam's is for me. Do you take all the boys in the store? You are brave! After going to Costco my daughter is disappointed in a regular supermarket with no free samples.

26. maggie
    September 7, 2009 at 11:56 pm #

Our closest costco is over an hour away so were not members but, our sams is only 30 min so we are members their! We always get grilling stuff their when we have lots of family over! My favorite is the individually packaged chex mix! How long does this last for you and your family?

27. Amanda
    September 9, 2009 at 1:13 pm #

We love the veggie sticks and my son LOVEs the brother freeze dried apples-mickey mouse bags! Healthy, convienent and fun.

28. Jenn
    September 9, 2009 at 9:39 pm #

We saw the boys and your hubby at Costco one day and mentioned that we saw you in the paper and knew about your blog. Our son was born 2.12.07 so we were in St. V's at the same time!