Summer Quadyssey: Chicago Part I

Quadyssey_logo

Fasten Your Seatbelts for a Summer Quadyssey and a Half!

Chicago turned out to be a fantastic adventure for our family, and I look forward to sharing some of the highlights from our trip.

Starting from the beginning:

To be completely honest (which I try to make a habit of doing around here), I was feeling quite overwhelmed at the thought of taking all four boys to Chicago for the BlogHer 09 Conference. When our original plan of leaving two at home, and taking two along fell through, we were left with the decision of taking 4 two-year-olds along for the ride, or scratching the trip altogether.  Personally, I was heavily leaning towards the "Call It Off" side.  It was a lot to pack, a lot to coordinate, and A WHOLE LOT to put on my husband’s shoulders, to care for 4 boys while I attended a conference in downtown Chicago. It seemed down right selfish. However, my man thought otherwise.  He was up to the challenge and all in favor. Without his encouragement, persuasion, and confident assurance this trip would not have transpired.

After what seemed like weeks of packing, we loaded up 4 freshly bathed, pajamaed, barefooted, stuffed-animal-loving, mighty cute, boys for the Windy City!

DSC_2782c

The ride went off without a meltdown, and we began the check-in process.  Did I mention I pretty much packed our entire house into the Odyssey?

DSC_2790c

The Sheraton Hotel and Towers was extra helpful and accommodating to our family.  The room (which was one of my biggest worries) worked out perfectly.  We had adequate space for "The Beast" (our quad stroller), the four Pea Pod tents, and all of our things.

DSC_2807c

After extensively testing the mattress’ comfort and bounce performance , we placed the do not disturb sign on the door and called it a day!

The following day would hold many more sights and adventures!

20 Responses to “Summer Quadyssey: Chicago Part I”

1. designHER Momma
    July 28, 2009 at 9:56 pm #

I loved meeting you and your family! We will have to get together sometime in town – my girls would love your guys…

~emily

2. Amazing Greis
    July 28, 2009 at 10:05 pm #

It was so great to meet you and the boys! They are so cute and you are so sweet! Glad ya'll had a good trip and fun in the Windy City.

Is it just me or is the video not working? 🙂

3. edbteach
    July 28, 2009 at 10:14 pm #

Adorable video! I love the sounds of the boys laughing – and Henry making drinks? Priceless!

4. Jamie
    July 28, 2009 at 10:16 pm #

Absolutely Adorable!

July 28, 2009 at 10:59 pm #

Those pea pod tents look great. We had cots for our twins when we traveled to Chicago earlier this summer and they did ok – once they were asleep but they enjoyed the ability to get out of bed and onto each others' bed.

Funny too – after our long trip (East side of MI to Chicago…probably about 6-7 hours total…) we also promised a good jump on the bed for being so good in the van!!!

6. Following HIM
    July 28, 2009 at 11:26 pm #

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the movie! The boys laughing just cracks me up. Henry looks like he knows what he's doing with the cups too :o!
    ~Elyse

7. Rachel
    July 28, 2009 at 11:39 pm #

Those tents are THE cutest things evah!

You are such a doll, your husband so sweet and the boys.. ACK.. precious personified!

I'm so thrilled that we've buddied up! and you're welcome (to hubby) for you Tweetdeck addiction 😉 ha ha .. told you!

8. Stephanie
    July 29, 2009 at 2:18 am #

You are so BRAVE. And your boys are so HANDSOME. 🙂

Did you have fun at BlogHer? I'll look forward to hearing more about your experience.

9. erin
    July 29, 2009 at 9:26 am #

I sooo wish I could have been there to meet ya'll and all the other fabulous blog Mama's out there! Can't wait to hear about the rest of ya'll's adventures in the Windy city!
    much love and blessings~erin

July 29, 2009 at 9:45 am #

Sounds like a good time was had by all!! Awesome!! Brad gets the super dad cape for taking on the city, but you own the super mom cape for surviving each day!!!
    Hugs to everyone!!

11. Nap Warden
    July 29, 2009 at 10:28 am #

You are a brave woman traveling with the kiddos! The tents are too cute:)

July 29, 2009 at 11:05 am #

My favorite part is that Brad supported you. You guys are a good team.

Amy C.

13. Kara
    July 29, 2009 at 11:16 am #

In the first picture Brooks ( I think, or clark- far right) looks like he's already carsick!:)
    fun times! no wonder they wanted to go back. can't wait for part 2

14. Long Family Chronicles
    July 29, 2009 at 11:32 am #

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!!!

15. Jenny
    July 29, 2009 at 1:46 pm #

I was so thrilled to meet you guys! I'm only sorry that I didn't get to spend more time with you. I hope you'll be able to make the trek to NYC next year!

16. Carie
    July 29, 2009 at 10:32 pm #

So wanted to go to this conference, but school calls! Perhaps next year, as I prepare to finish coursework. Would love to go and meet the boys!

17. ~MB~
    July 29, 2009 at 11:25 pm #

The little tents are precious!
    And I absolutely loved the video 🙂
    Their little laughs are priceless

18. Calonder Crew
    July 30, 2009 at 3:53 pm #

That is hilarious…and made me feel MUCH better about our upcoming adventure to downtown Minneapolis (including zoo and MOA) with our entire brood. Thankfully, we have a two bedroom suite, but I'm still nervous!

I love the peeking out from inside the tent.

I am curious…who's knocking at the door? 😉

19. J Myer
    July 30, 2009 at 9:21 pm #

I can't believe how big the boys are! I feel like they weighed just a few pounds yesterday. They are adorable and I love reading about you and your family. Thank you for sharing!

20. heather@it'stwinsanity
    August 1, 2009 at 12:14 pm #

Just have to laugh that you call your quad RA "The Beast" too! We have always called ours "The Beast" and it is just so fitting.