How I Spent My Mother’s Day Afternoon…

I am speechless, embarrassed, and honored by Brad’s sabotaging of the blog for my Mother’s Day post. However, my heart is grateful. And to those of you questioning if he’s the "REAL DEAL", I ask myself the same question at times!  I am no doubt blessed beyond measure with God’s provision in my life and in my children’s lives!

My Mother’s Day weekend was filled with some "time off", an afternoon with my sister and my mom, some time with Brad’s parents, and a dinner out with Brad….which left Sunday as a day to just ENJOY my boys.

Here’s some pictures from Mother’s Day 2009…Perhaps I’ll remember to actually GET IN ONE myself next year!

DSC_1914-1c

Clark checking out his handsome self in the reflection

DSC_1883c

Brooks likes the enormous slide better from this side of the playground!

DSC_1890-1c

The ramps were pretty much the highlight

DSC_1891-1c

Henry on the catwalk

DSC_1902-1c

Dinosaurs lived back in grandpa’s day right, mama?

DSC_1920-1bw

"Mama, I’ve got some climbing to do, here. I can’t be bothered with silly pictures."

DSC_1907bw

The Past, Present,  And Future, Mr. Fearless. (Henry)

DSC_1911-1c

Brooks is the hardest little booger to catch at the playground!

Clark, Henry, Brooks, and Isaac thank you for giving me the title "mama". Your four lives are a gift each calendar day of the year!

How about YOU?  How did you spend your Mother’s Day? What did you (or someone else) do to make it special this year?

17 Responses to “How I Spent My Mother’s Day Afternoon…”

1. Lindsey
    May 12, 2009 at 5:49 pm #

Happy Mother’s Day Jenn. You are one of those mother’s that inspires me and I enjoy reading your musings so much! Happy Mother’s Day!

What program are you using to frame your pictures? I would love to know.

2. Laura
    May 12, 2009 at 5:50 pm #

Opps it’s Laura. I was signed in Lindsey’s account.

May 12, 2009 at 6:16 pm #

We went out to breakfast and then I had my in-laws and my mom over for dinner.

4. Joy
    May 12, 2009 at 7:53 pm #

A few things….

#1 – your boys grow more and more handsome with each post. I mean, they are ADORABLE. I really must see them in person…SOON!

#2 – Where is that park? It looks awesome and I love that there are railings around everything so they can roam around and explore.

#3 – Happy Mother’s Day, beautiful momma! You are an inspiration to me and I’m glad you had such a wonderful weekend…you certainly deserve it!

HUGS!

5. JEN
    May 12, 2009 at 8:10 pm #

I had super nice day – it was my first day after years of infertility so it was pretty special. 🙂

6. Elizabeth
    May 12, 2009 at 8:45 pm #

Is the park near here? Looks like fun! (I ran into you at the Northside Multiples sale)

May 12, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

Jen,

My mom has 6 children, spread out across the south, but she chose to spend the day with me! What a gift! – Elizabeth

May 12, 2009 at 10:49 pm #

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!! So many blessings!

I spent Sunday with my family including my mom, sister and sister in law. It was a wonderful day and so fun to look around and realize that just 2 years ago, that my nephew was the only child in the family…and now there are 5! So much fun!!

one of the day’s perks!? Daddy took on diaper duty! I think I only changed 1 all day long! 🙂

9. ASHENFELTERS
    May 12, 2009 at 11:17 pm #

MY sweet hubby surprized me with a ring with my 5 childrens birthstones and names on it! It is so beautiful and I totally didn’t expect it! He also watched those 5 kids while my mom,sis-in-love and I went to coffee…whata guy! We are blessed aren’t we?

May 13, 2009 at 9:20 am #

I have two kids, and our 2nd was using the same crib that my oldest used…until it was recalled. Of course it can’t be used any longer, and it broke my heart for it to be thrown into the dumpster. Such memories!
    HOWEVER, my husband saved some of the wood, and built me a picture frame from the wood from their crib. Imperfections, teeth marks, and all! I had no idea he’d kept some of it.
    It was such a special gift…

11. Suzanne
    May 13, 2009 at 10:25 am #

dude!!! awesome playground!!! what a great way to spend mama’s day–watchin’ your four precious miracles running around and playing! glad you had a good one! love you

12. Goerlich Quadruplets
    May 13, 2009 at 2:34 pm #

i’ve got playground envy too! can we come and play? you and brad are both the real deal and such a sweet, inspiring couple! those boys are so very blessed! hope you’re having a wonderful week. lots of love to you and your mens! -mari

13. Ray
    May 13, 2009 at 5:54 pm #

I love the pictures. My wife and I just celebrated her first Mother’s Day this year. Our son is 7 months old. I took my wife out to dinner. I of course bought her card from me and a separate one from our son. I then made a DVD of some of the videos and pictures we have taken so far.

May 13, 2009 at 10:52 pm #

Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful Mother’s Day. Wow, and Brad posted such a nice post. All of your boys are so sweet.

We had steamed crabs on Mother’s Day. Our son was home from college for a week (we hadn’t seen him since early January) before he left for his eight-month internship near Chicago, IL. Our daughter and her husband visited, too. It was great having everyone here! I am still adjusting to this empty nest phase of my life!

Gail
    Annapolis, MD

15. Aimee
    May 14, 2009 at 8:19 am #

Hey–what park were you at??? Looks like fun! Shoot me an e-mail if you don’t want to post….a(dot)ash@ballstate.bsu.edu

Thanks!

May 14, 2009 at 1:20 pm #

AWWWW!!! What an AWESOME way to spend Mama’s Day!! At the park, outside, AND WITH THE BABIES!!! They’re all so precious, Jen =) I love your style of writing!! -sioby

17. Mr. Harmless
    May 16, 2009 at 10:21 am #

Either I know that park, or I just know that equipment.

Happy Mother’s Day.