The New Breakfast of Champions

Restaurant highchairs have become an endangered species of sorts.  It’s rare to find a restaurant with 4 highchairs.  Does this ever cause a problem for you, blog family?  I know you may not have quadruplets, but what are the odds that 4 highchairs might be needed at the same time by 4 different families, say on a Sunday afternoon? Just curious….

Sometimes we come prepared with our booster seats, but often we opt for chowing in the van. However, on Saturday morning we found that donuts might be a key component in keeping 4 two- year-olds in "big boy chairs".   We didn’t have to tell them to sit down once, not once!  I’m doubtful that broccoli would have had the same effect.  Nevertheless, we’re back to veggies, fruits, protein, and sitting in boosters today!

16 Responses to “The New Breakfast of Champions”

1. Luckygirl
    April 27, 2009 at 6:16 pm #

How is it possible that your boys have gotten even cuter?!?!? Seriously, I can hardly stand it – they’re so adorable!

April 27, 2009 at 6:18 pm #

You are close to the actual breakfast of champs. If you worked at a local elem school (remaining nameless) you would know that m&ms; and diet coke make up the breakfast of champs!! Donuts are a VERY close second! YUM

3. Emily H
    April 27, 2009 at 7:19 pm #

yummy donuts and adorable boys! love it!!!
    🙂

4. Kelly
    April 27, 2009 at 7:23 pm #

You will be SHOCKED what types of junk food can motivate a toddler. LOL (I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old).

5. Kelly
    April 27, 2009 at 7:39 pm #

I only have twins and sometimes have trouble finding 2 highchairs. I can’t imagine needing 4! What adorable boys! I love watching your boys interact together. I know they must be a lot of work, but the rewards are so great! I love having multiples!

6. The Cochran Crew
    April 27, 2009 at 8:43 pm #

I don’t even have sound and still loved the video! Such precious chocolate mustaches!!! Precious Boys!

7. Allison
    April 27, 2009 at 9:14 pm #

Yeah I bet they would sit to eat donuts but soon were bouncing off the walls! What a treat! 🙂

8. 4 Little Men and Girly Twins
    April 27, 2009 at 9:33 pm #

super cute!

and YES there are never enough high chairs! 🙂

britt

9. Brandi
    April 27, 2009 at 9:36 pm #

I have trouble at some places finding just two highchairs. So I can only imagine the trouble you have finding 4!

Loved the vid. Think the boys really like donuts?!

10. Laura
    April 27, 2009 at 10:44 pm #

We only had twins but ran into this problem all the time and its really lame because a restaurant should have these available. Once at an outback we had to leave. We never carried boosters so we were not going to try to eat our meal with two babies on our lap.

11. Melissa
    April 27, 2009 at 11:27 pm #

Ah, they are so cute!! What a great video!

Melissa 🙂

12. Susan
    April 28, 2009 at 9:01 am #

Ya know, now that I’m in the teen years, you don’t stop and think about this stuff. But I certainly know that Sunday afternoon, any restaurants near churches, you will NOT find an available high chair let alone 4!! That would be an issue. And then I think how hard it is to work 1 high chair into a table and you have to work 4!! Oh my. I say, yah to Dunkin Donuts!!! One of our favorites anyways 😉

13. Brianna
    April 28, 2009 at 9:10 am #

Congratulations on a successful breakfast out!

Thanks for being willing to pray for me.

Love to you and yours,
    Bri

April 28, 2009 at 1:47 pm #

hey ya’ll!! how FUN!!! yuuummmy haven’t had dunkin donuts in YEARS!!! we just have krispy kreme here in the good ol’ south!! They look like they LOOOVED this big treat!!! Enjoyed the video!! So creative 🙂 -sioby 🙂

15. Following HIM
    April 28, 2009 at 11:23 pm #

CHAMPIONS I agree! Brad, the commentary is hilarious! Impressive boys, impressive!
    ~Elyse~

16. GAMZu
    May 19, 2009 at 11:39 pm #

I live in a neighborhood with many young families who have lots of children, so the cafes have as many high chairs as regular chairs! Well, maybe not, but there is never a shortage.

I don’t use them- when my kids are too small for a chair, they stay in the stroller or my lap. Once they are 1 1/2, they can sit on a regular chair.