Ode to Feeding Table…

Forgive my sentimentalism as I reflect on our history with a large piece of furniture that has been part of our lives for the last 18 months…

I’ll never forget when a semi-truck backed up into our cal-de-sac and wondering, "Man, just how big IS this table, if it requires a semi delivery?!!!"

feedingtabletruck

And then seeing little Brooks sitting in it for the first time in our garage, just after Brad finished its assembly….

feedingtablebrooks-1

It was a LIFE SAVER for all those spoon feedings…

feedingtableall2-1

And perfect for eating 1st Birthday Monkey Cupcakes

table

It even served a purpose for NOT eating, like when Henry decided to build chicken and noodle forts instead..

feedingtablehenry

It was sometimes used as a "holding tank" before baths…

feedingtableall-1

AND to hold us down for our "Crewcuts"…(Isaac)

feedingtableisaac

And most recently a decorating station for Valentine’s cookies…(Clark)

DSC_1164

We’ll miss those 8 dangling legs, but we’re thankful for the memories!

DSC_1168c

From babies….

feedingtableall3-1

To little BOYS…

DSC_1154c

We’re thankful for the opportunity to pass on our table to the Thompson quads.  Although we hadn’t outgrown it completely, it has served it’s purpose and we are ready to eat together as a whole family.

Stay tuned to find out the next step for feeding 4 growing boys…

Here’s one last video as a final farewell…(Ignore my voice in the beginning of the video, talking on the phone about the feeding table! Told ya I was sentimental about the whole deal!)

15 Responses to “Ode to Feeding Table…”

1. Lani
    March 9, 2009 at 5:02 pm #

I don’t know why, but I just teared up a little seeing how big they’ve gotten! And the picture of the little dangling legs is adorable!!!

2. Ethel
    March 9, 2009 at 6:47 pm #

Sounds like your boys are saying "Good Job"
    I'm sure the babies will be thrilled to get their table. GOOD JOB, Moma & DADDY

3. The McNulty Family
    March 9, 2009 at 9:42 pm #

I just got a little misty eyed reading that!! It’s crazy to look back and see how much they have grown.. get’s my heart beating a little faster. I just love those boys so dern much!!

Love you mama!
    XOXO
    Gen

4. Jenny B
    March 9, 2009 at 10:15 pm #

I love the pics jen. So sweet and bittersweet to see how they grown up–so fast! Bring on the Big table!!:)
    love ya
    jenny

5. Following HIM
    March 9, 2009 at 10:46 pm #

Time goes by way too fast! Seriously! The boys look like little gentlemen compared to little boys :,) Love ya bunches girl!
    ~Elyse~

6. Patty Wood
    March 9, 2009 at 10:58 pm #

I started reading, Jen, when the babies were just beginning sitting at the table so to see them growing up at the table made me tear up. I am glad I wasn’t alone. They are such wonderful little boys.

7. The Synnott's
    March 10, 2009 at 9:36 am #

i just love that table and am sad to see it go. you had such great posts with them sitting in that table… but can not wait to see what it to come!

8. Lindsay
    March 10, 2009 at 11:36 am #

Such fun memories that you had at that table! What a great way to pay it forward to share your memories with others 🙂

9. gilloth/Edina
    March 10, 2009 at 11:53 am #

Memories, they can mean so much, can they?
    Now shall the boys have a common big boys’ table or everyone no his own? Or share your adult table maybe?

10. Suzanne
    March 10, 2009 at 12:51 pm #

(sniff, sniff)…what a HUGE milestone, murr! i completely understand the sadness. the feeding table has been our number one item that has helped the MOST with the quads for us–and i’m sure you feel the same way! what big, grown up boys! and such a blessing for suzie and her quaddies!!!

March 10, 2009 at 1:35 pm #

Awww, the boys are just soooo cute! But, they are growing up way too fast! This is just one of many more future sentimental days. Enjoy the memories!

Gail
    Annapolis, MD

12. Suzy
    March 10, 2009 at 5:24 pm #

Thanks for doing such a great job cleaning the table for us, Isaac, Clark, Brooks, and Henry! We can’t wait to use it (our mommy and daddy just need to figure out where the grown-up furniture will go in the meantime!).

Hugs and kisses from the Thompson quads!

13. Andrea
    March 11, 2009 at 1:22 pm #

Thanks for continuing to share about your lives.

Can you explain how the various Quad mamas move about the specialty items you need and use. I have read on anotehr blog about a stroller moving on to a new family and now your table going on to another set of Quads. Did you ship the table to the new Quad family? How do you arrange this. I think many readers would love to learn more about those specialy items. Are those sold to one another? Did you contact them? How do you connect, etc.?

Thanks for any information you would be willing to share with your faithful followers.

14. Kelly
    March 11, 2009 at 7:32 pm #

I am choked up about your table. I remember the post when it was delivered. Awwww.

March 11, 2009 at 9:32 pm #

wow! amazing the milestones that has seen with you!

So awesome that is going on to help another family with quads. As always – you’re so generous!

Can’t wait to see what’s next!