SOS Answered

Because of your faithful prayers, Clark is HOME right now. Praise God! They treated him with a different type of breathing medication than I had administered here at home and a round of steroids. His airways became less constricted and his breathing became easier within minutes of the treatment. His x-ray came back clear. We’re so grateful to have him back safe and sound with a bad case of croup!!!!

It’s been an overwhelming, draining, scary, emotional, day – but we are full of gratefulness and thanksgiving for Clark’s well being. God was and is in complete and absolute control.

We would appreciate your contiuned prayers that Clark wouldn’t experience any more attacks and that Brooks, Isaac, and Henry would also be able to shake this quickly. Our hearts are overwhelmed with gratefulness for your prayers and concern.

43 Responses to “SOS Answered”

1. Following HIM
    January 29, 2009 at 5:16 pm #

Glad you all are home and he is starting to turn that corner! Hang in there :)
    ~Elyse~

2. Williams' bunch
    January 29, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

Thankful the boys are doing better…we’ve been w/out power-I was glad to get back to my blogs. Hope everyone continues to improve. How much snow do you all have? We got about 6 inches or so here, but then ice on top of that! It’s pretty, but it’s been a mess.

3. SarahSLP
    January 29, 2009 at 5:43 pm #

CROUP! Ugh! I remember Caeleigh having that. Steroids were a miracle for her (and lots of hot steamy showers followed by brief exposure to the cool winter air!). I’m so glad Clark was able to get seen and back home quickly. All our love, Sean, Sarah and Caeleigh (and STILL unnamed baby Reaaves!)

January 29, 2009 at 5:57 pm #

oh wonderful! I’m glad that he is doing better. I hope they all start feeling better soon!

Kathy from Texas

5. Lady Why
    January 29, 2009 at 6:12 pm #

Praise the Lord! We’ll continue to pray for Clark and the rest of the boys’ quick recoveries. That croup is bad business! It’ll put a gray hair or two on your head, won’t it? I’ve got a few to prove it! 😉

6. Calonder Crew
    January 29, 2009 at 6:27 pm #

Praise God! I’ll continue to lift you all up.

7. PletcherFamily
    January 29, 2009 at 6:45 pm #

I am so happy to read that he is doing well now. I know how scary a trip to the ER is, especially in an ambulance. I was glad to come to your blog and see the news he is home.

8. Heidi
    January 29, 2009 at 6:59 pm #

So happy to hear that he is feeling better and home with you all!! Praying that everyone will continue to feel better and better!

9. Mountain Girl
    January 29, 2009 at 6:59 pm #

I am so glad to hear Clark is at home! I’ll pray that the other boys do not get sick and that everyone will be totally well soon!

January 29, 2009 at 8:01 pm #

Praying for all of the boys to stay healthy and especially for Clark to heal quickly!
    Matthew 18:19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on Earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.”

11. Audrey
    January 29, 2009 at 8:23 pm #

So glad that he’s home. If you haven’t already, I would ask your ped for an RX of steroids to keep in your fridge. If the inhaled steroids don’t work for us, we have the oral to give with the on call physician’s permission and it has saved us trips to the ER. Usually within a few minutes of the Orapred things are much better. Thanks for letting us know how he’s doing. I’ve been worrying all day!

12. Drea
    January 29, 2009 at 8:24 pm #

yikes.. scary i know!
    Taite had Croup the day of Christmas! He sounded AWFUL!!! I thought he had whoppin cough…

13. Joan
    January 29, 2009 at 8:32 pm #

Oh thank god! There is nothing more heart wrenching!
    Will continue to keep Clark in my thoughts and prayers.

14. The Gerwer Babies
    January 29, 2009 at 8:33 pm #

So glad to hear he is okay. How scary!!! Get better you guys!

January 29, 2009 at 8:58 pm #

Although many Drs say “its just croup” – I know it can be really scary. We almost had a late night ER visit last month with J and it just ended up being that – thankfully we made it through the night.

Saw your post early but couldn’t get to comment…been thinking about you all day and glad to hear he’s home and ok. Hoping all 4 boys are healthy again soon! Hang in there.

16. Lindsay
    January 29, 2009 at 9:07 pm #

yay God!!

17. Heather B.
    January 29, 2009 at 9:11 pm #

So glad to hear he is HOME!!!! God is so good!

18. Jac Tubre
    January 29, 2009 at 10:53 pm #

Thank the good Lord that Clark is home! I am praying for a speedy recovery for him and his brothers and that mom and dad stay well and have extra energy to combat this cold!

Lots of love,
    Jac

19. The McNulty Family
    January 29, 2009 at 11:26 pm #

i love you mama! get some rest.
    xoxo
    gen

20. Devin
    January 29, 2009 at 11:42 pm #

Whew!! Glad to hear it. Praise God! I will continue praying for everyone!

21. Emily
    January 29, 2009 at 11:47 pm #

Our prayers are with you. It is scary when you can’t help your baby. I am so glad everyone is okay. Hang on just a few more months and we are in the clear again!! Come on SPRING!!!

Emily Wright

22. debi9kids
    January 30, 2009 at 12:33 am #

I am so glad he is ok. My friend had told me earleir about your son going to the hospital and i am just now getting the chance to read blogs.
    So glad he is home.
    Will pray for your sweet boy!

23. Moni Graf
    January 30, 2009 at 3:06 am #

Get better soon, Clark! I hope the other 3 amigos can manage to keep their mitts away from their bro, too. I know all too well the “adventures” of 4 sick kiddos. No fun for anyone!

Sayin’ prayers for our Hoosier buds!

Love,
    Moni

24. edbteach
    January 30, 2009 at 6:56 am #

Praying for you and yours.

25. lynne from uk
    January 30, 2009 at 10:25 am #

I didn’t see your post yesterday. I’m so sorry Clark has been ill and hope everyone will be well for their birthday!

26. katie
    January 30, 2009 at 2:52 pm #

Jen, you don’t know me but I read your blog and enjoy it! I live in Nebraska and am a Christian, and a mom of 2. Anyway, just thought I’d share with you — my daughter had croup when she was 2 1/2….we ended up with an ambulance ride to the ER during the night…it was VERY scary. Wow….I KNOW how scary that is and am so glad for you all that Clark is okay.

27. The Titsworth Family
    January 30, 2009 at 3:27 pm #

I just got home and read this and got chills. I’m so happy that Clark is better and is home. I’ll be thinking about you guys and hope you all feel better soon!

28. Laurie
    January 30, 2009 at 8:04 pm #

It’s been such a tough winter for everyone. Glad to hear Clark is doing better and hoping the rest of your boys are too.

29. Suzanne
    January 30, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

***HEY EVERYONE***

THIS IS SUZ STEECE BLOGGING FOR JEN MURRAY. CLARK IS BEING ADMITTED TO THE PICU TODAY (FRIDAY)….PLEASE SEE MY BLOG FOR UPDATES UNTIL MURR GETS BACK TO HER COMPUTER. CLARK NEEDS A TON OF PRAYERS!

THANKS!
    SUZ

30. Ginny
    January 30, 2009 at 9:36 pm #

Good thoughts and prayers for good health for these sweet boys.

31. Terri
    January 30, 2009 at 9:57 pm #

Saying prayers for your little guy!

32. christy
    January 30, 2009 at 10:02 pm #

Tons of prayers from the Boccone family to yours. I am so sorry to hear that he got worse. Which hospital are you at. The offer still stands for anything you need.

33. Kelly
    January 30, 2009 at 10:18 pm #

Saw Suz’s blog about the update. (((HUGS))) Praying here in the South!!

34. The Michaels' Quads
    January 30, 2009 at 10:21 pm #

Hey Jen and Brad,

Wanted to let you know we're praying for Clark. Were also praying for the doctors wisdom. Hang in there, everything's going to be just fine!

God Bless – Jon&Tiff;+4

35. The Michaels' Quads
    January 30, 2009 at 10:21 pm #

Hey Jen and Brad,

God Bless – Jon&Tiff;+4

36. Kari W
    January 30, 2009 at 10:35 pm #

I saw Suz’s post and had been on your site first, thinking no news was good news. Praying that the doctors in PICU are taking great care of Clark and that he is back home in time for his birthday.

(((hugs)))

37. Devin
    January 30, 2009 at 10:47 pm #

Jen–saw Suz’s post. Oh, I am just aching. Praying for you and for Brad, and for sweet Clark.

On my knees,
    Devin in Illinois

38. Allred Family
    January 30, 2009 at 10:55 pm #

Just saw the update on Suz’s blog…praying for Clark and the rest of your family!

39. Stacey
    January 31, 2009 at 12:47 am #

Oh Jen I hope the boys all get better soon. I am glad the scary part is past and hope it stays in the past

40. JoJo
    January 31, 2009 at 7:13 am #

I just heard via another blog that little Clark is back at the hospital! I am praying for you all especially for Clark that he makes a speedy recovery and alos for the others as they miss their mummy!

41. Candace
    January 31, 2009 at 7:52 am #

praying for you guys! Hope that clark is doing well this morning!
    I will be praying for strength for you and brad also.

42. Charity Donovan
    January 31, 2009 at 11:47 am #

We are praying for Clark to recover quickly & that he has a VERY short stay in the PICU! Praying that the rest of the gang is feeling better! Hang in there…we're all pulling for you out here! Huuuuuggggs!

January 31, 2009 at 5:16 pm #

Praying for you from Baton Rouge, LA, sweet Clark. Hang in there Murray’s….prayer is a powerful thing and you’ll soon all be well!!!
    Much Love