We’re All (Infected) Ears!

5/8 quad-ears are "ILL" as the on-call pediatrician described them yesterday.  Henry has a double. We made 2 trips to the immediate care clinic. (Can you believe Brad hauled 3 of them there by HIMSELF? Yep, that’s my man! Sorry, Babes, just had to tell on ya! It’s quite impressive, after all!)

Shortly after finding out we were expecting 4 babies, the thought of all of having 4 sick babies at the same time haunted me.  It has proven to be one of the most difficult aspects.

So we’re resorting to some jammie time with Baby Einstein – Baby McDonald and Baby Noah to get us through the screams…

DSC_0595c

(Brooks was embarrassed of his puffy eyes and dark circles, so he asked to wear his shades, as a cover.)

And we have 4 bottles of "Pink Potion" (aka Amoxicillin) to hopefully get us over the high fevers, sore throats, and painful ears.

DSC_0597c

I really can’t shouldn’t complain.  This is our first official ear infection and with four 22 month olds, that’s a pretty good track record.

HOWEVER, because I know that many of you are faithful to pray for our family (to which I am ETERNALLY grateful), I’m asking that you would specifically pray for us to get over this illness.  The last 4+ weeks we’ve been faced with high fevers, the Big "D", runny noses, wheezing, sore throats, coughing fits, you name it, and we are BUSHED!  I know things could be soooo much worse, we have SO MUCH to be grateful for, and in reality this is just a small little valley, but it has been a difficult trial, nonetheless.  I’ve been frequently reminded of James 1:2-3.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance."

Would you join us in praying that we would find "pure joy" amidst this minor trial and that we would persevere?  Thank you, friends!

26 Responses to “We’re All (Infected) Ears!”

December 8, 2008 at 3:56 pm #

Brooks, I love your style. I’ll be praying for all 6 of you. We missed you at the cookie/card party on Saturday. When you get a chance, I need your address and phone number.

Amy Cornell

2. cndymkr / jean
    December 8, 2008 at 4:07 pm #

I am 46 and had my first ever ear infection this year. Oh my goodness did it hurt. I don’t know how little kids do it. Good luck to all of you and you are in my prayers.

3. Emily
    December 8, 2008 at 6:16 pm #

Jen, I love you!! You know, you’ve already proved you earned the title, Superwoman… I’m not real sure what to call you after this 😉
    I can’t say I know exactly how you feel, but I can come pretty close to imagining how horrible it is to be sick soo much or dealing with it. It’s not that it’s anything major, but just the constant battle is discouraging. I’ll be praying for encouragement as well. I definitely miss you and all the little ears in your house 😉

4. Mountain Girl
    December 8, 2008 at 6:30 pm #

I pray all the little germies leave your house and all 6 of you feel much better! Way to go Brad – taking three babies to the doctor. Cute picture though of the boys jammin’ in their jammies!

5. Melissa
    December 8, 2008 at 7:04 pm #

22 months and first ear infections, that’s fabulous! How funny that they all got them at the same time. Not like a cold that gets shared and passed around. Too cute! Hope they feel better soon and you all get some rest.

6. JAMIE'S CREW
    December 8, 2008 at 7:31 pm #

So sorry to hear about all the ear infections! My duo and my singleton rarely had them – I think we have had 5 total infections in the 3 kids over 14+ years. I have to say though – it isn’t any fun.

I thought I would add a suggestion for you to consider – between the Big D and the current antibiotic – you might consider giving the boys some of that special yogurt that puts the digestive system back in balance. That way maybe you can avoid more of the Big D.

Good luck and prayers headed your way! 2/5 of my family are recovering from a nasty outbreak of the stomach flu. 100+ kids missed school on Friday!

December 8, 2008 at 8:57 pm #

Poor guys! and poor mommy and daddy! We just had our first ear infection a few weeks ago too but thankfully only one kiddo and one ear…

Hope they all feel better soon!

8. ASHENFELTERS
    December 8, 2008 at 9:50 pm #

I will pray! Read Psalms 139. It has gotten me through so many hard times..I Love that scripture.HE is with you!:)

9. Following HIM
    December 8, 2008 at 9:55 pm #

All at once…not fun at all. Hang in there and praying for their sweet souls to be recovered.
    ~Elyse~

December 8, 2008 at 10:06 pm #

FYI – Meijer has 7 free antibiotics, Amoxil being one of them! I’m not trying to make you feel bad, but thought it might be helpful in the future. Then again, if you’re in a hurry or it’s late at night, you just might have to make a stop at Walgreens because it’s more convenient :)

11. The Carlsons
    December 8, 2008 at 10:15 pm #

oh, i am so sorry to hear of all the illnesses! poor little men :( (and mama and dad!) praying that the ear infections pass asap and praying for that “pure joy” as you deal with the sick kiddos! it’s no fun :(

-fellow quad mom of GGGG and a 4yo boy

12. Devin
    December 8, 2008 at 10:19 pm #

It’s terrible having just one sick at a time….when all three of mine are sick at once (even for a short while) I find myself wanting to both a. rip my hair out and b. cry every moment because I feel so sorry for them!

Yes, it is a little trial in comparison to many things, but it is still difficult for Mommy (and Daddy too). I will certainly keep all 6 of you in my prayers.

Hope everyone is back to normal VERY soon!

December 8, 2008 at 10:51 pm #

Oh, Jen and Brad! Hang in there. You will all get through this.

Kim R.

14. Veronica @ Luv My Quiver Full Of Arrows
    December 8, 2008 at 11:20 pm #

Jen,

Lifting up the boys, you, and Brad up in prayer.

Those are some of my favorite scriptures, btw.

Veronica in CA

15. debi9kids
    December 9, 2008 at 2:04 am #

Saying prayers for you :)
    I feel you pain. I have had many occassions with all 9 kids sick at the same time (but only two of mine are toddlers) and boy, it wears you out!
    Praying this is your last big illness for quite some time…

16. Kelly
    December 9, 2008 at 8:10 am #

I get ear infections a lot. But babies with them is so sad. :o( And props to Brad – I have yet to get my hubby to take ONE of my two to the doctor when they are sick.

Prayers for the boys…

17. Brandi
    December 9, 2008 at 9:22 am #

Your family is in my prayers! Hoping the ears get better quickly! I love the glasses…such good taste your son has.

18. Karen
    December 9, 2008 at 9:32 am #

Oh boy, I am sorry you have all that ear infection to deal with and I hope they are on the mend. My youngest had an ear infection when we moved into this house only we didn’t know it and the first night they ruptured! Ouch! I couldn ‘t figure out why she was screaming:) She can’t have amox though, allergic. She got something yucky. Hang in there!

December 9, 2008 at 12:44 pm #

MMM that pink potion was the best LOL

20. Williams' bunch
    December 9, 2008 at 2:07 pm #

Hope you all feel better soon…it is hard to have several sick at once.

21. Lainey-Paney
    December 9, 2008 at 3:31 pm #

came over from
    steece’s pieces….

praying for healthy ears, STAT!

22. Kaitlyn
    December 9, 2008 at 4:37 pm #

What an impressive family you have, and what an impressive parent you are! I’ll be praying for your health. Best of luck in getting all of you better soon :)

23. Kate
    December 10, 2008 at 11:26 am #

We had that year last year! One baby, one winter, 6 ear infections! (Not to mention 2 toddlers and numerous other sicknesses!)

24. Fulton Quads
    December 10, 2008 at 2:02 pm #

We will be praying for ALL of you! We hope you are feeling better soon! Love that Bible verse too! Cathy

25. Mommato2miracles
    December 10, 2008 at 10:48 pm #

We are praying and praying some more up here in Massachusetts. Even sick your boys are handsome. God bless!

26. Pascha
    December 11, 2008 at 11:04 am #

I am not sure how i found your blog, but i love reading about your life and your precious boys!

I just wanted to drop in and say hi, and let you know that i can not wait to hear the next part of your “story”.

Pascha